Author Topic: Across the Stars - Game Thread  (Read 49936 times)

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
Re: Across the Stars - Game Thread
« Reply #440 on: July 24, 2009, 09:10:09 PM »
Did I say you were a Jedi? I don't recall so. Something tells me, however, that your reaction indicates that you may belong to the order. In any case, why kill each other now? Besides, if you were a Jedi, should you be focusing more on the CIS instead of some Sith of no ranking?
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
  • Nar dralshy'a - "Try_harder" (mando'a)
« Reply #441 on: July 25, 2009, 12:37:27 AM »
Alt pipes in
Jayce, I totally agree on the intel part.

I'm not experienced with Jedi... or Sith or whatever it is called.  What's the difference? Sounds like some Corellian back alley gang rivalry.

Torin as far as you've shown me you have an elegant weapon that is favored of the Jedi. And what I've heard Jedi have some type of magic or power to do extraordinary or even supersentient things, none of which I've ever seen to my knowledge, except possibly in one person I know, but she didn't carry a lightsaber, and definitely is not noble-like as I hear Jedi are.  However, I hear Jedi are feared by those who have had contact with them.  And Torin from what you're saying about
Alt pauses to recall the word...Sith, they are also to be feared.  

So far both seem pretty similar to me, and why it could be easily mistaken like apparently I was earlier.  Your philosophical or religious differences shouldn't hinder weather or not you can get the job done. 

I agree with Torin, we're heading for to work on a job, we need to be united and instead of divided or each of you are fools to go into combat together divided. It's definitely not the Mandalorian way.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 12:52:10 AM by stevemfred »

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Alt   in SWSE PBP Across the Stars
Str 14(+2) Dex 17(+3) Con 14(+2) Int 14(+2) Wis 14(+2) Cha 9(-1)
Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #442 on: July 25, 2009, 01:08:24 AM »
Well, the Jedi focus on the Light side of the Force, the side of "no emotion, emotion is bad, emotion leads to the Dark side." Sith, on the other hand, focus on the dark side of the Force, reveling in our emotions and conquering all weaker than ourselves. This "magic" you speak of is the Force. The Force lets us "Force Wielders", a alignment neutral terms for someone who wields the Force and sometimes carries a lightsaber, do some crazy awesome things, like shooting lightning from our hands and suffocating people with our minds. The whole "shooting lightning" thing is kinda looked down upon by the Jedi, who prefer peace to war, boring buncha twats. Torin says before blasting lightning from his hand in a direction in which nobody Torin knows will be hurt. See? Fun stuff. Theirs also the whole "mind trick", which lets us mess with your mind. For example, do you know why you agreed to help us?
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #443 on: July 25, 2009, 02:01:12 AM »
Teela hangs back, watching the scenery as the boys have their little macho contest.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #444 on: July 25, 2009, 12:20:06 PM »
After witnessing the display of THE FORCE by Torin, Alt thinks to himself
Intriging.
Kal'buir, Jango, the rest of the Cuy'val Dar, as well as those aiwha-bait reptiles, couldn't ever really show us things like that.

Oh I know he stresses why I agreed to help. I have been conditioned and trained to resist torture: psycological, mental, physical, you know-the works. I didn't agree to anything by someone else controlling me.  I've been looking for work and the last few days have been slim pickings out of Mos Eisley if you don't want to work for the "Seps".

[spoiler]
Cuy'val Dar=mando'a for Those Who No Longer Exist
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=OOC]The datacard with the codes from eariler-I don't think was ever identified with what they belong or are linked to right?
also the ship movements on the datacard of CIS and suspected affilates.
Oh, also in my descriptions of the Seps in my former posts (this one too) I edited it to have them be left-wing radicalist branch of the CIS pursuing the philosophical "cause" that Dooku tries to instill. They are the more hardcore type, but also linked to a corporation not specified yet (name and type currently unknown)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:18:38 PM by stevemfred »

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #445 on: July 25, 2009, 02:16:31 PM »
How do you know that all the conditioning actually happened?
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #446 on: July 25, 2009, 02:41:40 PM »
Alt laughs
The conditioning really happened. I have plenty of scars as a reminder, and tramatic vivid images engrained in my memory.  Whether or not it was sufficient to aid in defending me against such a phenomenon will need to be put to the test sometime to really see for myself.

Alt shudders to himself of the horrible training he was put through. But it was necessary, Kal'buir knew what he was doing.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:44:53 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #447 on: July 25, 2009, 06:27:15 PM »
Yes, but sensation and memory are simply electrical patterns in your nervous system, to but it simply. It is very easy for someone with training in the Force or someone with the proper equipment and medical skills to change those patterns. For all you know, you are a brain in a jar and the entire world is simply a simulation you receive by electronic patterns sent to your brain by electrodes or the like Torin says before using a subtle hand motion and asking How sure are you now?

Mind Trick (making Alt question the veracity of his memories): 1d20+10=26
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #448 on: July 25, 2009, 09:06:29 PM »
[spoiler=OOC]
Just in case anyone wanted to know the stats/rules of the mind trick here they are (i've attaced them)

As far as I can tell as long as the GM approves that Torin's actions qualify under the specs here, I believe he succeeds in his action.  Alt's will def is 17 [/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #449 on: July 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM »
[spoiler]Yes, that'll work.

By the way, stevemfred, attaching something to a spoiler tag no longer works. We now only have vanilla spoiler blocks. Just so you know.  :)[/spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #450 on: July 27, 2009, 01:04:55 PM »
Alt thoughts on his memories are suddenly filled with doubt.  His mind is racing trying to grasp upon a strand of thoughts that are permanent but can't seem to find any.  He places his left hand to brace his head. 

He feels nauseous.

Everything is a blur.  What's going on?

He reaches again but...nothing.

I need a break

He slows down his swoop till he stops.

[spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #451 on: July 27, 2009, 01:14:12 PM »
"You okay, Alt?" Jayce asks as he stops next to the clone-trooper.

"Did you really have to mess with his head, Torin? Guess it's better you had your fun now and not during combat, but still...

Come on, shake it off, Alt!"
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #452 on: July 27, 2009, 01:35:08 PM »
Alt hears Jayce and looks up to see him.  He tries to focus on something, anything around him.  He looks at the speeder Jayce is riding on.  He focuses enough to dwell on the sound the repulsorlift makes as it idles.  The sound is calm, consistent, soothing.  A question rises in his mind to help Alt get ahold of himself. How is such a sound created?

It is enough for him to get distracted and regain composure.

After a few more moments he says
Yeah, I think I'm okay.

[spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #453 on: July 27, 2009, 01:36:17 PM »
"Good, 'cause we got a job to do."
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #454 on: July 27, 2009, 01:46:13 PM »
Right, the job.
He recalls the recent conversation with Torin.
Was that really caused by him? By this Force he was talking about? Despite wanting to ponder more on it, he knows he needs to get moving.  
He kicks the swoop in gear again and hammers down on the accelerator.  
He is both angered and frustrated with Torin's power and  how he, himself, was suseptible to it if it really was from him.

Despite his emotions he is weary of the Kel-Dor and eyes him as he gazes toward the horizon to catch back up.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 01:50:09 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #455 on: July 27, 2009, 01:50:09 PM »
As Jayce kicks his swoop in gear again to catch up with the others, he ends up next to Teela.

"Torin is really working on his social skills, huh?

Think he'll give us any real trouble anytime soon?"

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #456 on: July 27, 2009, 01:54:14 PM »
Teela smirks and pats her heavy blaster pistol reassuringly.  "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side..."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:01:08 PM by j0lt »
PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #457 on: July 27, 2009, 02:04:19 PM »
"I just hope you'll have the time to reach for your blaster before he mindrapes you. You've seen how easy it is..."

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #458 on: July 27, 2009, 02:07:08 PM »
"Yeah, but you haven't seen how fast I am..."
PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #459 on: July 27, 2009, 03:20:20 PM »
"I''m looking forward to finding out." Jayce says, grinning inside his helmet.