Author Topic: The Cantina  (Read 24157 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: The Cantina
« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2009, 07:15:52 PM »
Teela looks at the wookiee.  "Speak Basic?"
I thought wookiees were physically incapable of that? Not sure though...

He should at least understand it :)
And IIRC Jax and Torin speak Shyriiwook, so we should be good :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 07:35:59 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #161 on: July 18, 2009, 07:32:43 PM »
Good point.  Their turn for negotiations.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2009, 03:18:04 AM »
Meatbags is my new favorite word!   :D
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2009, 06:05:22 AM »
:lol

Nice :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2009, 04:33:56 PM »
Looks like someone's getting an awesome entrance :)

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
  • Nar dralshy'a - "Try_harder" (mando'a)
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2009, 06:13:37 PM »
 :D
Thanks, i was pretty stoked about it too.

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Alt   in SWSE PBP Across the Stars
Str 14(+2) Dex 17(+3) Con 14(+2) Int 14(+2) Wis 14(+2) Cha 9(-1)
Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2009, 12:16:10 PM »
oh just incase we stay on Tatooine for awhile here is a link showing the city's, points of interest, etc from star wars galaxy the game

http://swg.allakhazam.com/maps/planets/Tatooine.pdf

http://swg.allakhazam.com/db/planets.html?swgplanet=6&mid=106903802153195#area6

some of the details concern the empiral era and not the clone wars but we can still utilizes some of the details

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2009, 10:08:09 PM »
so i went back and reviewed star wars episode 2 and apparently once the approval was granted for the creation of the GAR (Grand Army of the Republic) the battle of Geonosis that started The Clone Wars seemed only hours later, at the most one galactic standard day. So i assume we'll be thrown into the clone wars within one standard galactic day at the very most, and since the beginning of the campaign, the completion of that day is almost up if not already up.

[spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »
so i went back and reviewed star wars episode 2 and apparently once the approval was granted for the creation of the GAR (Grand Army of the Republic) the battle of Geonosis that started The Clone Wars seemed only hours later, at the most one galactic standard day. So i assume we'll be thrown into the clone wars within one standard galactic day at the very most, and since the beginning of the campaign, the completion of that day is almost up if not already up.

Assuming we're following the timeline strictly. The general story progression of the Clone Wars will remain the same, but there'll be changes here and there, partly for convenience and partly to keep you guys guessing. ;)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2009, 12:52:17 PM »

Assuming we're following the timeline strictly. The general story progression of the Clone Wars will remain the same, but there'll be changes here and there, partly for convenience and partly to keep you guys guessing. ;)

Besides, the movie doesn't show everything, there could very well have been more than a week between the order to create the Clone Army and the Battle of Geonosis for example.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:57:10 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2009, 01:14:41 PM »
 ;)Yeah I understand, i just thought of the practical side: based upon what the guidelines of spacetravel, obi-wan being captured, howlong, the jedi would have taken to deliberate to rescue Obi-wan, and stuff like that. You are right, their is alot that it can be interpreted or led to be and storyline wise not really be.  But thanks for trying to keep the mystery factor.  This era is my favorite era. I guess i'm just excited to have our campaign in it.

[spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2009, 03:14:32 PM »
so i desided to make a quick rough pencil sketch of my character how i visualize him. While i was waiting for the game thread to keep going.  I love to draw.  :)
so what do you think?  

so as i still waited i figured i'd do stectches of everyone in the party, don't be mad if they aren't what you visualized.  i went off your brief discriptions, and took a few liberties to come up with something to work.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:01:34 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2009, 07:14:52 PM »
Dude, sweet! :D

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2009, 07:35:03 PM »
Thanks  :) so I liked how i did Torin, and thought about drawing him a little more and i like what i came up with

[spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2009, 07:48:27 PM »
Great sketches!
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2009, 07:51:24 PM »
Thank you  :)
i wish the scanner i'm using picked up everything, cause they look about another 10 times better with all the faint pencil lines that the scanner misses
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:56:30 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2009, 11:54:05 PM »
FLIPPIN' SWEET!!!
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2009, 12:47:39 AM »
agreed, sweet.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2009, 01:53:51 AM »
Nicely done!  Teela's not quite how I imagined her, but that's creative interpretation for ya.  I imagined her more along the lines Zoe from Firefly with the personality of Vasquez from Aliens.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2009, 11:33:33 AM »
oh y'all got to check this out, it's so funny, slow at first to get into but it gets very funny at parts:
http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0001.html

So I decided to see what i could pull off for you j0lt, well what do y'all think about Teela now?  Zoe...esk enough?  I've never seen the show, i just pulled a few reference pics from the web.
the characters on the right sleeve are from a nal-huttese font i downloaded, it says "BadGirl"

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:46:38 AM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]