Author Topic: The best 3.5 books?  (Read 6122 times)

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: The best 3.5 books?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »

I did actually get PHB from USA today (but I can't use it as I am not home at the moment)...

6 days from USA is very good, I think... :D

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 05:50:19 PM »
Now I do have gotten DMG, SpC, UA, and PHB :D

Only bad thing is that I ordered wrong, so the DMG was 3.0...

Any important differences except PrCs in the 3.0 and 3.5 DMG?

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 07:40:54 PM »
There's a conversion booklet to convert the core books to 3.5. I'll see if I can find them, if no one has the link.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 09:10:50 PM »
Here's the link if you haven't already found it.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20030718a

tusk

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • This is Petrucci!
    • Care to spare a click?  ;)
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 07:30:06 AM »
  No one mentions Draconomicon yet ?:ahem

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 03:29:14 AM »
Two things that are cool to have, even if you never plan on running them, are Tomb of Horrors and White Plume Mountain. They're not books, but if you're printing things, these are good to have. Great adventures.

Links:
Tomb of Horrors
White Plume Mountain

Best 2 things that I ever downloaded from WoTC.  They also have the Temple of Igglwilv (Sp?), another old module, buried somewhere on the site.

By the way, my favorite 3.5 book is hands-down the Tome of Battle.  If you decide to purchase another book and you like the mechanics, I'd get it...the book itself is pretty high quality and fun to browse through.

Bryan_0697

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 04:34:31 AM »
Two things that are cool to have, even if you never plan on running them, are Tomb of Horrors and White Plume Mountain. They're not books, but if you're printing things, these are good to have. Great adventures.

Links:
Tomb of Horrors
White Plume Mountain

Best 2 things that I ever downloaded from WoTC.  They also have the Temple of Igglwilv (Sp?), another old module, buried somewhere on the site.

By the way, my favorite 3.5 book is hands-down the Tome of Battle.  If you decide to purchase another book and you like the mechanics, I'd get it...the book itself is pretty high quality and fun to browse through.

Those modules are great and...

+X to ToB having the book on hand instead of on your computer is almost a must when ToBing it up.

Personally two of my favorite books that have gone unmentioned are Races of Stone and Races of the Wild but you dont really need those on hand to use them to their full potential it is just nice.

sendmeanewid

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 12:37:51 AM »
Although not exactly the most useful of the 3.5 books, I loved the Tome of Battle, Tome of Magic, and Magic of Incarnum all for their willingness to experiment and innovate with the mechanics.  Of the three, Tome of Battle was arguably the most successful in execution.  I really wanted to like the classes in Tome of Magic, but their underlying mechanics simply didn't support their stylish presentation.

Samb

• Curious George
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 01:00:16 PM »
Expanded Psionics Handbook and a +1 to Tome of Battle, as well as the MIC and SpC.

jpjandrade

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 11:37:57 PM »
+1 to Tome of Battle, Spell Compendium, Magic Item Compendium and Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Suprised it wasn't mentioned here, but I think Rules Compendium is extremely useful. If you like campaign settings, Eberron is absolutely awesome, so you should pick it, even if you want some ideas for your own setting.

The books above I consider indispensable.

Now, for the rest, I like all environment books, the heroes books, UA (that you have already bought), MM3 (the best monsters book), and, to be honest, seems unfair with the divine / martial classes that you've bought the CArc and CMage when the classes that use it are the ones who need the least. Show some love and buy CW, CD and CAdv!