Author Topic: We need something awesome  (Read 23025 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: We need something awesome
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2009, 01:03:22 PM »
Nice. I'd probably make Vita a Charger build, possibly also with Cleric and Ordained Champion levels. I'm not sure how to handle Graf Eisen though, other than using improvised weapon tables when he (it?) becomes too large to normally wield.
Dwarf Ordained Champion. Divine Might feat. Brutal Throw. Either Destruction Devotion or Strength Devotion (I can't remember which is which). Possibly a barbarian dip ("YOU MADE ME LOSE MY HAAAAT!!!"). Titan bloodline, and a warhammer with the sizing enchantment.

Hayate is a warmage. Shamal is an Adept.

I don't really know much about M&M - from what I saw in that GitP game it was very cinematic, with mode changes and improvised spells flying everywhere, but that could have been just the group.
Dream Dwarf, that is - Those don't get a Cha loss. My first hunch was Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker, to really drive home the "don't mess with her hat" point. :D

Hayate should totally use the Locate City Bomb. Many of her spells are ice-related anyway, so Snowcasting wouldn't be too out of place.

For the record, Destruction Devotion lets you reduce an opponents Armor or Nat Armor bonus to AC every time you hit them. Str Devotion gives you a slam attack, the ability to bypass hardness, and makes your attacks count as adamantine for piercing DR. I'd go with the latter, personally. There's nothing they can't destroy, after all.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 01:08:35 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2009, 01:11:34 PM »
Dream Dwarf, that is - Those don't get a Cha loss.
What, she's too cute to be a dwarf? :p

Hayate should totally use the Locate City Bomb.
See this thread.
Incidentally, I think the Nanoha one could have been a warmage 19/sanctified one of Kord 1 casting a Sudden Enlarged Sudden Widened meteor swarm with Holy Fire. That's four 80ft-radius spreads of 6d6+Int divine damage with a range of 2320ft.

EDIT: Replace five levels of warmage with recaster and take the Practiced Spellcaster and Extra Edge feats. Four 160ft-radius spreads of 6d6+5+Int divine damage with a range of 2,400ft. :D

The Locate City bomb is for Lina Inverse. Besides, Hayate doesn't know any low-level spells. :p
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 01:13:21 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 01:15:49 PM »
Okay, let's stop scaring off people who don't watch Nanoha. :P
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 01:26:37 PM »
Dream Dwarf, that is - Those don't get a Cha loss.
What, she's too cute to be a dwarf? :p
[horrible pun that I just know will come across the wrong way]She's dreamy. :P[/horrible pun that I just know will come across the wrong way]
Also, she's much too awesome to have a Cha penalty.

Hayate should totally use the Locate City Bomb.
See this thread.
Incidentally, I think the Nanoha one could have been a warmage 19/sanctified one of Kord 1 casting a Sudden Enlarged Sudden Widened meteor swarm with Holy Fire. That's four 80ft-radius spreads of 6d6+Int divine damage with a range of 2320ft.

EDIT: Replace five levels of warmage with recaster and take the Practiced Spellcaster and Extra Edge feats. Four 160ft-radius spreads of 6d6+5+Int divine damage with a range of 2,400ft. :D

The Locate City bomb is for Lina Inverse. Besides, Hayate doesn't know any low-level spells. :p
Apocalypse-From-the-Sky Bomb, then? :D
The Meteor Swarm thingy is nice, though.

Okay, let's stop scaring off people who don't watch Nanoha. :P
What, there's people like that, too? :P
But ok, let's stop.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2009, 01:47:02 PM »
Arhosa campaign. That could just make things cooler, though. (Wizards and Mecha pilots vs. Shinigami and Alchemists go! :D)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 01:49:53 PM by Prime32 »
My work

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2009, 02:05:30 PM »
I could be a factotum 8/exemplar 10/something 2//truenamer 20

With a major artifact like Death Note to emulate Kira :D

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2009, 02:29:10 PM »
If it ends up being some conversion/adaption of D&D 3.5, I'm interested.
Otherwise, I neither have the books nor the time to learn a new ruleset.

But I have to say, triple gestalt sounds tasty :devil
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2009, 02:31:24 PM »
If you guys end up deciding on a ruleset and I find the time to join, I guess someone has to represent the Real Robot genre :D

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »
I could be a factotum 8/exemplar 10/something 2//truenamer 20

With a major artifact like Death Note to emulate Kira :D
You don't need a major artifact for that. Just get a use-activated wondrous item of Crisis of Life. :D

I'd be definitely interested in a Nanoha group if it's some 3.5 or 4e variation.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2009, 02:49:51 PM »
skydragonknight?

Starting level is a very important factor for me, especially in PbP games. If you plan on starting below level 6, I would at least want accelerated experience and not the traditional D&D experience rules. This is going to be anime-like game anyway, and in anime characters typically reach their levels of power much quicker than you'd expect.

Oh, and I'm guessing I'll be the one with psychic powers. :P
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2009, 03:05:14 PM »
I'll be naruto /sarcasm

Actually, some sort of bleach character might be cool; just stack on ToB, boost a weapon to all hellish levels of hell, and maybe some spellcasting if I want the kido that badly.

Alternatively, it might be easier to make Haruhara Haruko in this game, with a little bard cohort whom I can use to summon shit from! Oh the options! God, gonna have to go hunting and figure out what to make...

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »
Depending on several factors, these look like fun to me:
-Isamu Alva Dyson (Macross Plus)
-Ozma Lee (Macross Frontier)
-Heero Yuy (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing)
-Sousuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic!)
-Ikki Tenryou + Metabee (Medabots) (Yeah, I liked it, bite me :P)
-Batou (Ghost in the Shell)

And more,
just listed a couple of robot-related candidates for now :D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 03:15:56 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2009, 03:14:56 PM »
I think I'll be Kira, since I've only seen 3 anime series, Naruto (not all of it, about half), Death Note, Avatar...

But I think it'll be fun :D

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2009, 03:31:07 PM »
I think I'll be Kira, since I've only seen 3 anime series, Naruto (not all of it, about half), Death Note, Avatar...
And Avatar isn't even an anime. :eh If you like Death Note, watch Code Geass. Oh, and you want to play a guy who can kill anyone from long distance with no save? Sorry, I banned the wizard class. :p

I was thinking of starting at level 6, with level-ups after every two or three encounters.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 03:35:09 PM by Prime32 »
My work

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2009, 03:34:07 PM »
And Avatar isn't even an anime.

It isn't?

If you like Death Note, watch Code Geass.

Just to know: What is happening there?

I was thinking of starting at level 6.

Sounds okay

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2009, 03:36:02 PM »
Thanks Bowen, was wondering who'd bring up Gundam Wing :D Though Hmmm, which one which one? Wing Zero? I was always more of a fan of Deathscythe and Heavyarms. Screw Sandrock. But how?.... Do we need something along these lines? The damn things were basically as powerful anyways...

--Edit-- Hmmm, level six, huh? *scribble scribble scribble*

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2009, 03:36:50 PM »
And Avatar isn't even an anime.

It isn't?
It is heavily inspired by anime (particuarly the work of Hayao Miyazaki), and the setting is Eastern, but it's a Western cartoon.

If you like Death Note, watch Code Geass.

Just to know: What is happening there?
It's similar to Death Note, but more fast-paced. Plus it has robots, and the dub is decent. First op here. (Oh, and the main character is a cross between Light Yagami and Batman)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 03:41:21 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2009, 03:54:58 PM »
I call in on this. I might even be interested in DMing or Co-DMing it, if you're interested, Prime.
I'll take you up on this. This is getting too big for me to handle all the players on my own. (A dozen gestalts? :lmao)
My work

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »
Thanks Bowen, was wondering who'd bring up Gundam Wing :D Though Hmmm, which one which one? Wing Zero? I was always more of a fan of Deathscythe and Heavyarms. Screw Sandrock. But how?.... Do we need something along these lines? The damn things were basically as powerful anyways...

--Edit-- Hmmm, level six, huh? *scribble scribble scribble*
Wing Zero is tempting ofcourse...

Screw Sandrock, that thing never really filled a niche of it's own. Shenlong/Altron was okay, but not my style. Gonna be Wing Zero, Wing, Deathscythe or Heavyarms for me...

Last to have a lack of diversity though and Heavyarms can run out of ammo really fast :P

EDIT: Also, it's Code GayAss, LeDouche of the Rebellion ;) :P

(sorry, I had to :P)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »
Eternal wand of... something for the Buster Rifle. I forget whether they fit into Rods of Many Wands.

EDIT: Also, it's Code GayAss, LeDouche of the Rebellion ;) :P

(sorry, I had to :P)
y-a-g-a-m-i
Write it backwards. :rollseyes
My work