Author Topic: We need something awesome  (Read 23024 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: We need something awesome
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2009, 10:08:51 AM »
Oh man, I spend a day flatlined from assignments and this really takes off. Hmm, which team, which team, I've affinities with multiple of em...Nanoha team, it must be. Theres only so few of us.

Peace and love, through superior firepower.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »
I can't decide what to play, since I love DN, but I haven't seen that much anime, and Kira may be very hard to emulate while still not breaking the game...

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2009, 10:57:36 AM »
I'm looking at a char with a big, flashy sword and Foot-Bound Airstep Sandals. I'm thinking he'll she'll fit well into the Nanoha group.  :P

Building Legacy Weapons is surprisingly fun.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 10:59:53 AM by AlterFrom »
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2009, 11:20:35 AM »
I'm looking at a char with a big, flashy sword and Foot-Bound Airstep Sandals. I'm thinking he'll she'll fit well into the Nanoha group.  :P

Building Legacy Weapons is surprisingly fun.
Man, if it's a dude, odds are that his trope demands "buttmonkey".
Yuuno, first showing, pwnt by the end of the scene.
Zafira, completely forgotten as a humanoid in StrikerS
Erio, "The guy who gets hit a lot" and "skirmishers shouldn't try to meatshield"
Vice, loli-trauma

Think Chrono was the only dude who was awesome and got away with it, heh.

EDIT: Legacy weapons are even more fun when you treat the menu options as guidelines for more powers.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2009, 11:23:33 AM »
I can't decide what to play, since I love DN, but I haven't seen that much anime, and Kira may be very hard to emulate while still not breaking the game...
This is kind of on the other end of the scale to Death Note. Even if it could be made balanced, Kira wouldn't really fit into a party of guys who can shoot homing lasers out their ears.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2009, 11:27:46 AM »
DN is a bit more on the cerebral side, Kira is basically doing Scry and Die, as far as his powers are concerned.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2009, 11:28:44 AM »
This is kind of on the other end of the scale to Death Note. Even if it could be made balanced, Kira wouldn't really fit into a party of guys who can shoot homing lasers out their ears.

I know...
And that makes it really hard to decide how my char will be...

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2009, 11:31:56 AM »
Maybe a rebalanced truenamer for Kira?

Also, I don't want to allow FMI. Not sure how Prime feels about it, but A you have like 48 points for point buy, meaning you can put 16s in almost everything, and B FMI will make the Rogues/Factotums/Warblades WAAAY too strong with such a high point buy, You'll literally break 500 HP.

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2009, 11:35:03 AM »
Maybe a rebalanced truenamer for Kira?

And reflavored to write peoples name into a book, with bad effects...

Death with no save would be to powerful...
The other side of gestalt is still hard, though

Also, I don't want to allow FMI. Not sure how Prime feels about it, but A you have like 48 points for point buy, meaning you can put 16s in almost everything, and B FMI will make the Rogues/Factotums/Warblades WAAAY too strong with such a high point buy, You'll literally break 500 HP.

B FMI?

48 PB sounds cool  :D

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2009, 11:37:13 AM »
What other animes have you seen then?
Kira could be crudely bastardised into some kind of Archivist/rebalanced Truenamer. But a lot of the more awesome moments simply are unlikely to show up.

When is this thing getting started though? If theres enough time, I might as well try to rush this pet project(attention span of a gnat, me, theres a whole graveyard of semiabandoned pet projects in my folders) to completion after the exams next week. Summoner class. :D
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2009, 11:41:58 AM »
I've seen DN, Avatar (but I was explained that it is an anime, but why are they on anime series pages, then?), 100 episodes of Naruto, some episodes of Pokemon long ago, and these that I not am sure if they are anime or not (and I haven't seen all of the episodes, not even close): Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh (GX), I think that was all...

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2009, 11:48:19 AM »
Naruto/Avatar(it's not strictly speaking an anime because it's not Made In Japan, but similar enough as to make no difference, as far as game inspirations go) pretty standard fare with ToB and a dash of psionics, but a Beyblade(legacy weapon!) trick weapon user could be amusing, as is a Yu-Gi-Oh vancian caster, with cards in place of incantations.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2009, 11:55:51 AM »
Nah, if you want a Yu-Gi-Oh guy use crusader. :p

I think we need a forum just to sort out all the posts now. :P I'll go ask for one.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2009, 11:58:51 AM »
Nah, if you want a Yu-Gi-Oh guy use crusader. :p

I think we need a forum just to sort out all the posts now. :P I'll go ask for one.
Wizard, converted to Crusader style casting. :P
Hope he doesn't end up with a hand with 5 Magic Missiles.:D
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2009, 12:02:06 PM »
That sounds actually very cool.

Now I want to mix Death Note with Yu-Gi-Oh...

And also, both the Death Note True Namer variant and Wizard variant should be based on Int...

I think we'll need to make new base classes/variants for this, but it is so cool that it is worth it...

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
Well, if the wizard has his spells currently available determined at random from his prepared list...I'd expect him to drop a tier, at least. So theres Gestalt in it for ya, and Truenamer is low enough to 'click' with anything short of Tier 1, right?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2009, 12:05:52 PM »
I've put in a forum request. Our title is "Let's Go Ultra Hero Super Burning Dimension Force!" :D
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2009, 12:09:28 PM »
Super Octo Pudding Mark Seven is in play here?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2009, 12:12:26 PM »
Only thing that is bad is that I can't fit Factotum into all of this...

I really wanted those 3 levels for BoB...

Or maybe I can remove something...

Am I allowed to mix two anime series?

And does this seem reasonable?

Wizard Variant: Card user
Benefit:
When you start a combat, you get 5 of your prepared spells to use. At each following round, you get another.
With this Wizard variant, you must always perpare exactly 40 spells, and they are split up equal of each spell level you can cast. At the start of each encounter, all of your spells become fresh again. You cannot prepare a single spell more than three times. (If you use a metamagic feat, it does still count against the total of that spell level.)

Maybe I'll have to make some special spells too, that helps gaining more spells to use?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2009, 12:14:03 PM »
Am I allowed to mix two anime series?
No-one said you had to rip anyone off, just make something anime-style. :eh

And does this seem reasonable?

Wizard Variant: Card user
Benefit:
When you start a combat, you get 5 of your prepared spells to use. At each following round, you get another.
With this Wizard variant, you must always perpare exactly 40 spells, and they are split up equal of each spell level you can cast. At the start of each encounter, all of your spells become fresh again. You cannot prepare a single spell more than three times. (If you use a metamagic feat, it does still count against the total of that spell level.)
Start a new thread for that. Bear in mind that standard wizards are banned.

Maybe I'll have to make some special spells too, that helps gaining more spells to use?
You do know that Pot of Greed has been banned for years, right? :P
My work