Author Topic: Thematic Conflicts; testing the water  (Read 1191 times)

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Thematic Conflicts; testing the water
« on: February 21, 2009, 06:52:47 PM »
So I'm coming to you guys to test out an idea I've had today and want to follow. So here it is, I want to create compeltely thematic conflicts (something akin to a megaman stage).

So the themes I have are:
Earth
Spirit
Water
Death
Domination
Evil
Cold
Fire
Alien
Knowledge
Glory
Air
Mechanics
Forest

So what do you guys think? 

sonofzeal

• Curious George
Re: Thematic Conflicts; testing the water
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 07:19:19 PM »
More detail would be nice.  Are you looking for an entire mini campaign arc?  A single fight?  A plot hook?  What ECL?  What books?  What party?

That said, here are some generally flexible BBEG ideas for a few.

Earth
Spirit
Water - ambitious four-armed Sahuagin Fleshwarper, manufacturing an army of four-armed Sahuagin.
Death - a Lich is inventing new variants of Skeletons and Zombies, and has already depopulated several towns for more raw bodies.
Domination - aristocratic Vampire Rogue attempting to dominate/sire the king and become the power behind the throne.
Evil - Cult of the Blessed Agonies attempting to bring a demon lord into this world
Cold - a charismatic leader has the entire north worshiping a 50-HD Gargantuan Polar Bear (normal intelligence and behavior) as a symbol of the inherent superiority of the north
Fire
Alien - Tsochari invasion.  Nuff said.
Knowledge - Gnomish Artificer worshiping Boccob is on the verge of inventing a nuclear bomb, and plans to test it soon.
Glory
Air
Mechanics - the rules governing when Inevitables are dispatched become corrupted somehow, and suddenly they start hunting people down for every minor offense.
Forest - the Wild Hunt rides the land.  Nuff said.