Author Topic: The Drow of Fhalq Nathir  (Read 3162 times)

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
The Drow of Fhalq Nathir
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »
It is 1305 DR, year of the Creeping Fang. The city is Fhalq Nathir a fictional drow metropolis lying in the Middledark about halfway between Deepburrow and the southeastern corner of the Glimmersea.

The favor of the Spider Queen has been awarded to Fhalq Nathir, and in
the past century the city has flourished and expanded. Her devotees
accredit this to their piety and faithfulness. Whether this is true or
not, the city has wiped out many of its nearby hindrances and
adversaries, allowing its influence to spread. This upset of the power
balance has drawn attention from elsewhere in the Underdark.

The Matron Mother Xarann, of the head house, has said Lolth has
revealed a vision to her. There is a dire threat to the existence of
the city, and answers lie in the amalgamated drow metropolises of
Undrek Thoz.  This vision also detailed four drow that must go to
discover more of this threat, guised as ambassadors to the Segmented
City. Surprised, her followers wonder why Lolth appointed the fate of
the city to such unlikely candidates.

You all must meet with Matron Mother Xarann. In a tenday, this will be
followed by a ceremony before the house matrons and many of the city's
prestigious clergy and citizens, after which you depart on your quest.

This is 3.5 campaign, the characters are starting at 11th level with +3 LA for free, two of it being taken up by being drow. The character are also able to gestalt on a modified drow paragon. But they all already know what their characters are. Now all have to do is post or make an account, and then do so.

We can start the discussion with how we want to run this. I'd like to follow the PBP guidelines found here, http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=282.0, but I'm open to making changes. I'm planning to have a main forum for the campaign, with a thread for each character for dm-player talk. I would like y'all to put on most posts a spoiler stating all your current buffs & such.

Any other ideas, folks?
Quote from: wezylithyx
Add Perform (weapon drill) to the fighter and swashbuckler lists of class skills

You totally just fixed these two classes. I had no idea it would be so simple.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: The Drow of Fhalq Nathir
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:27:14 AM »
So... this isn't taking any players? Players have already been decided upon?

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 03:14:31 AM »
Hmm, interesting, as I've had an idea for a half-drow crusader who could easily enough be just full-drow (though part of the character's RP goodness goes away that way). If you're proposing this game, what's the stat generation? Point-buy? How many points? What sources are allowed and/or banned? Are characters allowed Traits and/or flaws? And so on and so forth.

While interesting overall, I'm also not sure what the party dynamic is of a party all comprised of drow.

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 07:42:34 AM »
I'm sorry, I should have made it more clear. All the players are set, more or less. Its some members of a group I used to play with for years, but since then we have somehow spread ourselves across the states. So, we decided to start playing once again via PBP.

However, one of the players (my former DM, I might add) just dropped out, bringing me down to 3 players. We haven't made a decision yet, but I might want to recruit one more player. I'll post again when we figure that out.
Add Perform (weapon drill) to the fighter and swashbuckler lists of class skills

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 05:34:36 AM »
If that slot is open (and the campaign starting soon), drop me a line; got bored and threw together a rough sketch of a charrie under those guidelines. Have fun with it!

minmax

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:44:02 PM »
I'm in.  More details of Lim'Nalonalith  to follow. 

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 06:35:08 AM »
Hell yeah, Eric. Glad you're here. Feel free to e-mail info, too, and I'll try to shoot you one soon with some more stuff I've come up with.

minmax

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 12:39:53 AM »
The smoke from the tip of my cigarre rose to the ceiling of the dim room.  It pooled and darkened there, but I kept my eyes down.  I wasn't looking for trouble.

She found me anyway.  She was a pushy dame, as dames often do.  But she said she had a job for me.

She said there wasn't any money in it.  I wasn't interested, but it promised travel so I took it just to get out of her sight.  Sometimes you just gotta take the exit.  And business is slow.

But what do I know. I'm no business man, I'm just doing my job.  I'm Lim and I'm a trader-- scrounger some say-- and some say worse.  I've got a good ear and a quick set of fingers, and I've been in the right place at the right time, if you know what I mean.  But everyone's luck runs out eventually, and I had a feeling mine was gettin real short.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 11:19:08 AM »
^Just in case you don't know, you need to go post in This thread. That'll get you a forum all to yourself, where nobody posts but the players of the game.

minmax

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 06:35:43 PM »
Yea, thanks.   I was just messing around until our other players show up.  They're still building their characters and are pretty slow.

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 09:15:47 PM »
yup, sllloooooowwwww is the word, alright.

btw, I liked your post, eric. heheh.

P.S. Eric, you have on open feat from your flaw. I might suggest mercantile background as a pretty powerful and thematic one... but then you have more loot to figure out. What about draconic bloodline, from the Dragon compendium?

P.P.S. Thanks, woodenbandman. Hopefully we'll have our shit enough together soon to post to get a forum created.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:41:02 PM by wezylithyx »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 06:00:21 AM »
Done, save for that question of skills. A bit of an intro story, since I have an urge to write...
=============================================================================================================
She strode across the floor, swiftly and with grace but still pacing restlessly, no matter how her form could make such a habit of impatience look beautiful. It was excusable anyway; she had a short amount of time to insert her player and try and make the operation move smoothly. It wasn't just about keeping her underlings beneath her and pacified to prevent a backstabbing (socially or literally), like she'd done to achieve her position, or about trying to repeat the action against one of her higher-ups. This had a very real feeling of terror, or urgency and seizing the moment. And though she would so very much hate to lose her favorite pet in doing so, honestly speaking a Dread Fang, and one of his... nature, was really required to ensure success and safety. The predictions of a potentially dangerous agent, be it a city, tribe, monster, or an individual, were enough to set an already horribly teetering priestess stiff on the tip of that knife she was balancing on. She was great at predicting her troubles, playing her cards, calculating the perfect move from perfect variables of trouble. Any trouble she could not predict was an issue, and could have just enough of a rumble to tip that balancing-knife, and thus send her flailing straight down onto the sharp, lethal tip. She needed this trouble to be known to her. And if not known, she needed it to be ended. No politician or brute warrior, nor blank and unfeeling assassin, could be used for this task, though she had a small personal army of such folk at her disposal.

No, she needed to send this one, and her dark skin breathed easy as his jet-black form drew silently to the center of the room, the chain wrapped around his waist barely making noise. He moved like a swift smokescreen, and was even darker; a Drow of noble blood, but without noble connections, his heritage of darkness showed in the total blackness of his skin and in his matching hair and the schlera of his eyes. The red irises contrasted beautifully, leading into the yellow dots of his pupils, reflecting light perfectly enough to make his vision better in darkness and less weak in light than even most highborn drow. In the shadows, it was likely that the last, mysterious thing you would see of him would never be his form, or his armor (as black as his skin, if it was even possible to attain such a hue), or his serpentine chain wrapping round your ankle, then your throat. It would be the tiniest dot of the center of his eyes, and then all would go truly dark. This noir-tainted drow finally knelt at his priestess' feat, smiling with naturally yellow fangs of teeth, just as the priestess completed her rotation towards him. "Ah, finally. I have a task for you, Faer Xun'gul... do not disappoint me..." His only reaction was to close his lowered gaze, and smile, innocently and yet as sinister as his name...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:03:48 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

Darbosama

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 04:50:36 AM »

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 05:16:47 AM »
Hellzz yeah... sounds great guys. I'm gonna AFK til' friday, and then we get the forum started and begin this weekend. Hooray!

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 08:30:18 PM »
I'm back, y'all... and Todd hasn't posted yet. I'll call him and get on his ass about it. Everyone else ready?

And Flay, since the rest of us know each other personally, do you want to to introduce yourself?

My name is Wesz, I live in Portland, OR, attend massage and herbal medicine school and love metal, bikes, and my cello.

We all know each other from Raleigh, NC, but somehow seem to have spread ourselves across the country.

Darbosama

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 09:34:18 PM »
Hey, I'm Brad. I'm from Raleigh with the rest, but now I'm on Atlanta getting my Ph. D. in psychology. I spend most of my time in school, either in class or working in my lab. My other interests include reading, playing roleplaying or PC games, and engaging in political activism.

I know I've taken a while to get on here, but I'm definately excited to get things going. I hope that we can start soon. What's keeping us from getting the private thread?

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 11:38:57 PM »
Well then, here's me: I'm Harley from San Francisco, Ca (but living in nearby Pacifica temporarily), in my sophmore (but first!) year of college with a dance major killing off GE classes and trying to quickly fill my prerequisites for kinesiology so I can attend graduate school somewhere (wherever my girlfriend winds up going to join a dance company in a year's time) to get a phd as a  physical therapist with an emphasis on dance medicine *gasping inhale*..... and I play guitar (mainly blues and voodoo-billy), write (thus roleplaying), and dance.

And yeah, have we applied for the private thread? No real rush, just wondering.

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 07:17:07 AM »
Awesome, Flay. Nice to get a little more acquainted.

As to the request for a private thread, I'm waiting for the 4th player to create a BG account and post. Hopefully that will be within the next couple days, and we'll be able to get it made.

However, it would be nice to get the single character sessions started. Flay, do you know by chance how much of a hassle it would be to get them to add another account after creation of the thread?

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 05:05:22 PM »
None at all. If you're ready to get it moving, you can add another player whenever he sets up an account. ;)
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 07:22:20 AM »
Thanks, aftercrescent. I just put in the request.