Author Topic: Maxwell Rockatansky's Game.  (Read 2302 times)

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Maxwell Rockatansky's Game.
« on: February 16, 2009, 04:10:17 AM »
As the game boots up, you see words appear on the screen, and a mechanical voice says dryly:

"Welcome, Maxwell Rockatansky, to the Fantasy Game. Choose your starting class:" When you finish, it says "Choose your starting equipment:"(etc).

"When you've finished please proceed forward through the door in front of you to begin the game. I assure you, you'll do just fine. There's absolutely no reason to panic."

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: Maxwell Rockatansky's Game.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 05:33:45 AM »
[spoiler]OOC: Wasn't sure if you add up the saves and BAB from both sides, or take the best of each score from both; the rules differ between the section discussing it where I read it as add them together (in which case my BAB's like 14 or some such), and then indicates when discussing separate initiator levels that you take the best of both. Which is it? I'll fix my sheet depending on which it is. This assumes best save/BAB from each side (no confusion over the skillpoints/HP thing, I know that).

Also, any clue as to what would be a not-useless choice for favored enemy? will there be a varienty of enemies, few humanoids, anything. Not asking for a spoiler, just don't want to pick a useless race for my favored enemy, y'know. :P[/spoiler]

Looking through the basic descriptions, and knowing that anything could be coming, Max went and tried to decide between any of the classes given. He named the character Mad Max, his own title, then eventually decided on a survivalist; choosing a combo of powerful melee classes and skillful supporting classes to combine roles. Confident and pleased with his barely informed, but seemingly logistically sound choices, Mad Max was created. Sarcastically repeating the last line of the prompt, Max did as he was asked; he walked through the open door, stepping confidently into the world, and surveyed his surroundings.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 08:58:46 PM »
Walking through the door you can see nothing at first, but as the black surroundings shape themselves into recognizable polyhedra, a clearing in a dark wood materializes. To your left, a bright, beautiful hill a few hundred yards away, with clear blue skies and shining horses; to your right, down a long path you can see out of the woods a metropolis some twenty miles off; ahead of you, a dark forest path leads deeper into the dark depths of this foreign and ominous place.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 04:12:44 AM »
Tempted to take stock of the forest, as his mechanics would best allow for, instead Max let his natural sensibility take stride; there is a city, there is civilization. They will have maps. The horses are either wild (in which case, interesting) or they are privately owned (in which case interesting). It would seem he'd play down his strengths for the sensible, wise choice; to the city it was, and he takes a brisk stride, eager but not reckless; he takes a moment to whip out his wand and cast his armor on himself, just in case. He makes sure to keep both eyes peeled around and in front of him, ears to his back, out of a sort of jumpy excitement for the challenges ahead, and wonderment for what secrets could be lurking in any fragment of the game...
[spoiler]Heading for the city (to the left), spot and listen checks, all around him. Seriously not expecting anything, just playing up his attitude. Say I take 20 while walking, automatic of 32 on both checks. For the lolz.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 04:14:33 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 02:25:23 PM »
Mad Max begins walking toward the city. Making good time, he gets there before very long, as though much of the boring walking were ignored entirely. Upon arriving at the gates of the city, he sees that there is much commerce going on inside the city walls. Bustling streets can be seen from the crest of a nearby hill, and the city's gates stand open, as if to say to him: "Welcome. We've been waiting for you."

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 01:55:13 AM »
Max, somewhat at a loss as to where to begin (and wondering if the forest wouldn't have had faster action), decides to take stock of the city, finding main street and merely absorbing the atmosphere, looking at the shops and buildings, posters, and most importantly, looking for some sort of policeman/guard or a news shouter. If he can get a bit of information, he'll know just what this game's objective may be.
[spoiler]Searching for some way to learn about where to begin. Will take ten on gather information checks to try and learn about general news, trying to find an objective.[/spoiler]

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 11:04:41 AM »
Max learns a bit about the forest that he left: There is a city of elves down the dark path that he didn't go down, but the bridge is guarded by trolls.

The streets are full of commerce, the main product on this particular street appears to be large, juicy, cuts of meat. All around the clinking of copper coins can be heard, and the hustle and bustle of the city is very overwhelming. All around, people can be seen walking their dogs (the locals hear seem to prefer large, shaggy mutts) about town, or just enjoying an afternoon repast at a local delicatessen.

If he's interested in staying overnight, there are hotels of all kinds, from cheap to very expensive, to be found all over the city.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 09:44:34 PM »
Max decides that, knowing the options he has in this virtual world, he'd best return to the forest; a community of elves could be much more beneficial; but could he handle trolls on his lonesome? Deciding he could not, in fact, or rather wanting to test his mettle elsewhere for the time being, Max heads out of town, deciding that he can always recover his time spent in the city if needs be. He heads towards the forest-road.
[spoiler]If it's getting dark, I'd just as soon pitch a tent from my survival pouch (1/5 uses for the day) and rest overnight at the crossroads.[/spoiler]

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 09:09:40 PM »
Max pitches his tent and sleeps through the night peacefully. Morning comes, and he makes his way to the crossroads he found himself in originally.

As Max strides along in the underbrush, the briars grow dense and almost seem as though they are attempting to pull him down to earth.

[spoiler]And that's where we'll stop until I get a reply to my PM.[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 08:14:48 PM »
[spoiler]Um, I believe then it was about my sheet being messed up. I fixed the issue, and am just awaiting about the briars...[/spoiler]