Author Topic: D&D Mechanics based on forum-goers.  (Read 1841 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
D&D Mechanics based on forum-goers.
« on: February 15, 2009, 03:08:30 PM »
Blade of the Black Demon
As long as this +1 unholy longsword remains in the wielder's hand he gains a +2 profane bonus on Charisma-based checks, and Tomb-tainted Soul as a bonus feat.

Guess who, and submit your own. :p
(Just don't submit cursed items for a person you don't like...)
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Vynar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: D&D Mechanics based on forum-goers.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 08:49:19 PM »
Khan! - Major Artifact

When Khan! finds a new owner, the artifact fuses itself with that owners very being. It cannot be removed by any means. Upon the user's death, Khan! is thrust into a random location on the astral plain. Khan!'s owner gains an unnamed + 100 bonus to Craft (fail) and may take 20 on this skill check under any circumstance in only 1 round. Khan has a NI ego score and all mental stats are 30.

Oh wait, that's mine..................

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 08:53:24 PM »
Blade of the Black Demon
As long as this +1 unholy longsword remains in the wielder's hand he gains a +2 profane bonus on Charisma-based checks, and Tomb-tainted Soul as a bonus feat.

I'm stumped. :P

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 09:22:24 PM »
I'm not seeing a connection.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 09:28:14 PM »
Blade of the Black Demon
Kuroimaken, since he says "...darkness is good for your soul..."?

[Watch this space! I'll have a new mechanic for you to guess on soon!]

Quote from: Craft Ability (Su):
As a standard action,     may make up a feat, alternative class feature, spell, prestige class level, or base class level that is balanced, flavorful and useful. This ability is forever available to eligible creatures, those who meet it's listed prerequisites, and may be used in retraining, in character creation, or in advancement.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 09:40:04 PM by Chemus »
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 10:05:13 PM »
Quote from: Craft Ability (Su):
As a standard action,     may make up a feat, alternative class feature, spell, prestige class level, or base class level that is balanced, flavorful and useful. This ability is forever available to eligible creatures, those who meet it's listed prerequisites, and may be used in retraining, in character creation, or in advancement.

bhu a.k.a. Uncle Kitteh
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 10:24:36 PM »
Got it in one.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 12:05:13 AM »
Thanks Guys !  :D

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 02:12:16 AM »

So confused. Bhu's ... a kitteh! Their cute. I'd have said Count Arioch myself.
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 05:26:06 PM »
Blade of the Black Demon
Kuroimaken, since he says "...darkness is good for your soul..."?
Got it. Kuroi ma ken can be translated from Japanese as "black demonic sword". ;) (or "black mystic fist" or a few other things...)
Plus, he's healed by negative energy. :D
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]