Author Topic: My Houserules  (Read 1425 times)

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
My Houserules
« on: February 15, 2009, 11:39:28 AM »
These are the houserules of the campaign I'm DMing. (Or going to start to DM again.) I'm posting them here to let you guys check them out, to see if there's something abusable. Please note that these are experimental, to see how we can improve the game. Some were inspired by Pathfinder. (Sunic gets a heartattack now.)

TWF = Epic TWF.
ITWF = AoO with two weapons.
GTWF = Standard attack with two weapons.
LA buy-off.
Fractional BAB & Saves.
Weapon groups (UA) for purposes of feats, but not proficiency.
Races with a +2 racial bonus to skills get +1 additional bonus/3HD; Races with +1 racial bonus get +1/6HD.
Half-Elves get +1 skillpoint/lvl.
Skillgroups: Perception (Listen, Spot, Search), Stealth (MS, H), Acrobatics (Tumble, Balance), Athletics (Jump, Climb, Swim.)
Fightes & Psywars get Perception.
You can add up to INT mod extra class skills.
Full BAB classes and Psywars, Soulknives and Monks add 3/4 of their lvl to Initiator level.
All of the above mentioned classes get free Improved Unarmed Strike.
Magic & Psionics transparency. Knowledge (X) applies to both, but with a -10 penalty. Same for UMD & UPD.
Soulknife uses this fix: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=310984 (Might be dead now.)
Hexblades, Paladins, Rangers  have a caster level of their level -4.
Rangers have an animal companion with their Druid level = Ranger level -3.
There's no spiked chain. You can have a weapon with the exact same stats, but no frakking spiked chain.
Shorthaft: feat. Benefit: You can also attack adjacent targets with reach weapons.
Heavy Shield counts as light weapon for offhand penalties, onehanded for everything else.
Counterspell is an immidiate action, but if used this way, requires a spell of one level higher. (Potentially broken, but who would use it otherwise? Besides, there are two main casters, one who can't find his character sheet without a GPS and one who is a good & reasonable player.)
Favoured classes give either +1 skillpoint/lvl or +1 HP. There's never an XP penalty.
If it exists in official Wizards material, you're allowed to take it. (Dragon magazine counts as official.)

What do you think of these?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 11:43:25 AM by GawainBS »

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: My Houserules
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 02:31:24 PM »
Ranger and Hexblade and Pala should have CL of lvl -3.

Otherwise it seems good

Except this:
If it exists in official Wizards material, you're allowed to take it. (Dragon magazine counts as official.)

Pun-Pun is allowed ?!?

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 03:52:58 PM »
I think we meant the same thing with the Ranger & co CL, but you're right. :)

No, Pun-pun isn't allowed.  :) I tend to disallow such things on individual basis. That houserule is supposed to say "I'm not the RPGA, so you can play what you please."

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 03:57:40 PM »
I think we meant the same thing with the Ranger & co CL, but you're right. :)

No, Pun-pun isn't allowed.  :) I tend to disallow such things on individual basis. That houserule is supposed to say "I'm not the RPGA, so you can play what you please."

What I thought, but I just had to be sure