Author Topic: Iron Chef Challenge #4  (Read 31621 times)

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Iron Chef Challenge #4
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2010, 03:41:13 PM »
Hmm, so I've got this idea brewing for an Iron Chef(s) challenge, but it requires the commitment of many people.

- two or more teams, three or more chefs on each team
- secret ingredient will likely be a theme or name or something similar, possible different for each team
- each chef makes one dish
- judging will be for each individual dish and overall teamwork
... i) power   ii) originality   iii) use of ingredient   iv) contribution to team   v) effectiveness vs other team (this will be a team score)
- team with the highest total of points will win, or we could even set up a mini PvP (at mid level (say 12?) to avoid rocket tag)
- true to kitchen stadium, all communication will be done in the open (with encouragement to talk like you're on the tv show), which will make it tricky to discuss cooperation and strategy without tipping off the other side

Do you guys think that could fly? or is it too complex to make happen?
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »
Hmm, so I've got this idea brewing for an Iron Chef(s) challenge, but it requires the commitment of many people.

- two or more teams, three or more chefs on each team
- secret ingredient will likely be a theme or name or something similar, possible different for each team
- each chef makes one dish
- judging will be for each individual dish and overall teamwork
... i) power   ii) originality   iii) use of ingredient   iv) contribution to team   v) effectiveness vs other team (this will be a team score)
- team with the highest total of points will win, or we could even set up a mini PvP (at mid level (say 12?) to avoid rocket tag)
- true to kitchen stadium, all communication will be done in the open (with encouragement to talk like you're on the tv show), which will make it tricky to discuss cooperation and strategy without tipping off the other side

Do you guys think that could fly? or is it too complex to make happen?

Make it so.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2010, 03:00:05 AM »
Anyone other than SDK?...
---

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2010, 03:29:23 AM »
You Have My Axe!

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2010, 03:45:53 AM »
Sounds very difficult but I'm love to play.  :D

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2010, 03:51:24 AM »
I'd say that extending the dead-line/creation period to something around 3 weeks to a month would really help in providing posters to formulate and create with enough time as to not rush out a poor build.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2010, 04:24:02 AM »
Okay, well I guess I'll start up a new thread in the next day or so, probably aim to start 1 May. Three weeks feels kind of long, I was thinking two weeks.
---

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2010, 09:24:02 AM »
I need another 3 weeks before I have enough time, but if it's not getting off the ground right away I may be down.

I was thinking about getting one of these type of things together myself mid-summerish.