Author Topic: Kalashtar Dervish  (Read 3757 times)

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Kalashtar Dervish
« on: May 24, 2008, 01:30:53 AM »
Kalashtar Dervish
Leisure holds no meaning in the austere life of the typical Kalashtar. The sheshan talarash dasyanna is one of their major art forms, and it is a martial art. The Kalashtar Dervish is the ultimate practitioner of the Path of Shadows, truly blending artistic expression with deadly precision. Typical Dervishes rely on sinew and steel, but the Kalashtar also draw strength from their connection to their Quori spirit and psionic power.
----
Hit Die: d8.

Requirements
To take a Kalashtar Dervish substitution level, a character must be a Kalashtar about to take his 1st, 5th, 9th level of Dervish.

Class Skills
Kalashtar Dervish substitution levels have the class skills of the standard Dervish prestige class, plus Autohypnosis and Concentration

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Table: Kalashtar Dervish Racial Substitution Levels

Base
Attack
Fort
Ref
Will
AC
Level
Bonus
Save
Save
Save
Bonus
Special

+1
+0
+2
+2
+1
Dervish Dance 1/day, Mind Blade, Movement Mastery

+5
+1
+4
+4
+1
Dervish Dance 3/day, Graceful Dancer, Shape Mindblade

+9
+3
+6
+6
+2
Life Imitates Art, Tireless Dance

Class Abilities
All the following are features of the Kalashtar Dervish's racial substitution levels:

Mindblade: Your devotion to the sheshan talarash dasyannah (or the Path of Shadows) has given you the ability to focus latent psionic energy to form a mindblade. You now count as a Soulknife of the same level as your levels in Dervish. If you already have Soulknife levels, you add Dervish levels toward your Soulknife levels. Your effective Soulknife level is used to determine your mindblade's enhancement bonus to attack and damage and Mindblade Enhancement class feature. For example, a Swashbuckler 3/Fighter 4/Dervish 6 who took the 1st Kalashtar Dervish substitution level has a +1 Mindblade and can add a +1 enhancement ability to the mindblade. A Soulknife 7/Dervish 3 has a +2 Mindblade and can add a +1 enhancement bonus to the mindblade.

You may also use your mindblade as part of your Dervish dance, regardless of the mindblade's form.

This substitution feature replaces the standard Dervish's Slashing Blades ability.

Graceful Dancer: Your body and mind are more closely aligned. While psionically focused, you gain +2 to your Perform (Dance) check and +2 Dodge bonus to AC.

This substitution feature replaces the standard Dervish's Fast Movement +10ft ability. From now on, when you would normally gain Fast Movement from a standard Dervish level, you gain the listed value minus 5ft. For example, at 7th level, you would gain Fast Movement +10ft. (15ft-5ft)

Shape Mindblade: You gain the Shape Mindblade class ability, as the 5th level Soulknife ability.

This substitution feature replaces the standard Dervish's +1 AC bonus. From now on, your AC bonus from Dervish levels is one less than the listed value.

Life Imitates Art: Your body and mind are highly attuned and you can strike more precisely and deeply with your blades. When you initiate a Dervish dance, you may expend your Psionic focus as a swift action and make a Perform (Dance) check. For every 5 points you exceed DC 10, you gain a +1 circumstance bonus to your attack and damage for that round. The extra damage is considered to be precision damage and creatures that are immune to critical hits do not take extra damage from this ability. If you use Life Imitates Art, you are exhausted after your Dervish dance instead of fatigued. Tireless Dance reduces this to fatigue.

This substitution feature replaces the standard Dervish's 5th use Dervish Dance. From this point forward, the Kalashtar Dervish has one less daily use of the Dervish Dance than normal.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 06:41:37 AM by PhoenixInferno »

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Re: Kalashtar Dervish
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 01:31:21 AM »
I will pretty this up at a later date.  Just trying to pull this out of the wasteland that Gleemax is going to become.

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 09:09:23 AM »
Nice! you found it! Iliked it a lot the first time I found about it.
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 09:41:29 AM »
Great to see it again! I think I have to build something around it for the next game I enter...

Handy Links