Author Topic: The Drunkard (humorous, but still playable class)  (Read 7189 times)

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
The Drunkard (humorous, but still playable class)
« on: February 09, 2009, 01:17:08 AM »
The Drunkard
Haze-Eye, the Heavy Drinker (Diablo II parody reference). This class drinks to get more stupider, er wait, more smaller, no, nosh, shwait, mors Trongerp. Strongber. More... nezhermind. I like alcyhol. You shud too! The Drunkard gains Drink Charges the more alcohol he consumes playing like a Drunken Master but actually effective. He's funny too. :)

HD: d6

Saves: Good Fort, Poor others

LV  Base Attack     Class Features
1.   +0             The Seal, Hammered Drunk
2.   +1             Drunkard Strength
3.   +1             Liquid Courage
4.   +2             Beer Goggles (Invisible)
5.   +2             Drunken Defense
6.   +3             The Spins
7.   +3             Greater Improvised Weapons
8.   +4             Beer Goggles (Illusions)
9.   +4             For Medicinal Purposes
10.  +5             Have Another Drink Boys
11.  +5             Staggering Charge
12.  +6/+1          Beer Goggles (Gaze)
13.  +6/+1          The Room is Spinning
14.  +7/+2          Improved Medicinal Purposes
15.  +7/+2          Superior Improvised Weapons
16.  +8/+3          Beer Goggles (True Seeing)
17.  +8/+3          Have Another Round
18.  +9/+4          Drink Like a Demon
19.  +9/+4          Greater Medicinal Purposes
20.  +10/+5         I Swear to Drunk I'm Not God

Class Skills (4+Int modifier): Bluff, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (local), Knowledge (Alcohol), Perform (Sing, Dance, Comedy), Profession, Swim, Tumble

Proficiencies: Simple weapons and all improvised weapons (see Drunken Master, CW). No armors or shields.

The Seal (Ex) - A Drunkard is quite the heavy drinker, and, just like anyone else who imbibes large quantities of alcohol, his body can only process so much at a time. The Seal represents the limit at which the Drunkard's body can no longer handle alcohol. Drunkards can consume alcoholic beverages at the cost of 1 swift action per beverage to accumulate Drink Charges up to a number of Charges equal to twice his Constitution modifier. These charges last for 1 hour, unless lost or expended. For each charge he holds he gains a bonus to Cha based skill checks and to Will saves against Fear and Compulsion effects.

Drunkards have a limit known as "The Seal" equivalent to his Constitution modifier. Whenever he consumes a drink, if the number of drinks consumed this hour exceeds his Constitution modifier he must make a Fort save (DC 10 + 2xNumber of Drinks consumed). If the save succeeds he has not broken The Seal. If the save fails, The Seal is broken, causing the bonuses to Cha based skill checks to become a penalty, but also the loss of all bonuses to Will saves from this ability as well as all Drink Charges currently in his system. A broken Seal remains thusly broken, until the end of any encounter during which it was broken, or until five minutes have passed outside of combat situations.

Hammered Drunk (Ex) - Drunkards tend to get a little rowdy when they're drunk. As such, they develop a wild, flailing attack form, granting them a Slam attack which deals 1d4 damage/Drink Charge held +their Strength modifier. This ability only functions if the Drunkard has broken The Seal during this encounter.

Drunkard Strength (Su) - Starting at 2nd level, every time a Drunkard succeeds his Fort save against breaking The Seal he gains a +4 morale bonus to Strength for 1 minute. Each time he gains this bonus it stacks with the previous bonuses and resets the duration.

Liquid Courage (Ex) - Starting at 3rd level, a Drunkard retains his bonus to Will saves even after breaking The Seal, in fact these bonuses double.

Beer Goggles (Su) - Starting at 4th level, after breaking The Seal, a Drunkard in his highly attuned state of drunkeness begins to see things that normal people do not. At 4th level this allows the Drunkard to See Invisibility, as the spell, as long as he has "broken The Seal" this encounter.

At 8th level, a Drunkard always sees Illusion spells for what they are, never failing Disbelief saves, as long as he has "broken The Seal" this encounter.

At 12th level, a Drunkard believes that creatures are more attractive than they really are so strongly that his come-ons gain real substance. This grants him a Gaze attack which replicates the Charm Monster spell, as long as he has "broken The Seal" this encounter. Any creature that has succeeded its save against this Gaze is immune to it for the next 24 hours.

At 16th level, an intoxicated Drunkard sees the world around him as it was always meant to be seen, granting him True Seeing, as the spell, as long as he has "broken The Seal" this encounter.

Drunken Defense (Ex) - Starting at 5th level, a Drunkard gains a +1 bonus to AC, and 5 temporary hitpoints for each Drink Charge he holds.

The Spins (Ex) - At 6th level a Drunkard gains the Whirlwind Attack feat as a bonus feat, without needing to meet its prerequisites. Further, as long as the Drunkard has broken The Seal this encounter he may spend an immediate action to swap squares with any foe he deals damage to with this attack.

Greater Improvised Weapons (Ex) - At 7th level a Drunkard's proficiency with improvised weapons grows. He gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls and deals an extra 1d6 damage with all improvised weapons. These bonuses increase by +1 and 1d6 respectively for every two Drink Charges he holds.

For Medicinal Purposes (Su) - Beginning at 9th level, a Drunkard can use alcohol to mend his wounds. By spending Drink Charges as a free action a Drunkard can heal himself 1d6+1 hitpoints/charge spent. A Drunkard can spend a number of charges per encounter in this manner equal to his Constitution modifier. A Drunkard cannot use this ability during an encounter after breaking The Seal.

Have Another Drink Boys (Ex) - At 10th level a Drunkard can gain a short lived burst of activity at the risk of "breaking The Seal." As long as the Drunkard hasn't broken The Seal this encounter he can take an extra standard action, but after doing so he must make a Fort save against "breaking The Seal" regardless of how many Drink Charges he holds.

Staggering Charge (Ex) - At 11th level a Drunkard can move about the battlefield more freely once he's got a little alcohol in him. As long as he holds any Drink Charges, but before he has broken The Seal this encounter, he need not move in straight lines while using the charge action, nor does his charge attacks provoke attacks of opportunity.

The Room is Spinning (Ex) - Starting at 13th level, a Drunkard can use the Whirlwind Attack feat as a standard action. Further, as long as he has broken The Seal this encounter he gains the benefit of the Epic Whirlwind Attack feat without needing to meet its prerequisites, though he must use a Full Round Action with it as normal.

Improved Medicinal Purposes (Su) - Beginning at 14th level a Drunkard heals 2d6+2 hitpoints/charge spent when he uses his For Medicinal Purposes class feature, and can now use the ability even after breaking The Seal, but if he does so he can only heal the normal amount.

Superior Improvised Weapons (Ex) - Beginning at 15th level, a Drunkard's proficiency with improvised weapons is legendary, causing the critical threat range of any such weapons to increase by 1 +1/four Drink Charges he holds, and the critical multiplier to increase by 1 +1/eight Drink Charges he holds. Further, whenever a Drunkard confirms a critical against a creature that creature must make a Will save (DC 12 +1/2 Drunkard level +Drunkard's Constitution modifier) or become stunned for 1 round, or confused for 1d3 rounds at the Drunkard's option.

Have Another Round (Ex) - Starting at 17th level, a Drunkard'a ability to take bold and quick action increases dramatically. As long as the Drunkard hasn't broken The Seal this encounter he can take an extra Full Round Action during his turn, but after doing so he immediately breaks The Seal regardless of how many Drink Charges he holds and becomes confused for 1 round.

Drink Like a Demon (Ex) - Starting at 18th level, a Drunkard can imbibe greater amounts of alcohol by expending greater efforts, and can stave off breaking The Seal with greater force of will. By spending a move action a Drunkard can consume up to 3 alcoholic beverages, and by spending a standard action a Drunkard can consume up to 5 alcoholic beverages.

Further, increase the number of drinks the Drunkard can consume before reaching The Seal limit by his Wisdom modifier. This does not modify the total number of Drink Charges he can accumlate.

Greater Medicinal Purposes (Su) - Beginning at 19th level, a Drunkard heals 3d6+3 hitpoints/charge spent when he uses his For Medicinal Purposes class feature, and heals this amount even after having broken The Seal.

I Swear to Drunk I'm Not God (Su) - At 20th level a Drunkard has reached the pinnacle of perfection, ascending to godlike status and gaining Divine Rank 1.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 12:26:21 PM by bkdubs123 »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: The Drunkard (humorous, but still playable class)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:31:06 AM »
 :lmao
Wait, does this class reward you for having a low Con score?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:47:19 AM »
Priceless.

So, does he piss his pants when he breaks his seal?
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 12:21:53 PM »
@Prime: Well, many features key off of staving off Breaking the Seal such as Drunkard Strength, For Medicinal Purposes, and Have Another Drink. But yes, more features key off The Seal being broken, so a low Con build may be possible :D

@Robby: Or he pukes. OR, he pulls his pants down and pisses in the midst of battle!

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 12:35:18 PM »
To not penalize a good Con, couldn't you make it so you could voluntarily break your seal?
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 01:02:55 PM »
What about after successfully making 1 save against The Seal you may consciously break it by spending a swift action?

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 04:23:19 PM »
A few questions!

One, shouldn't the Drunkard go through the four stages of drunkenness?

Two, shouldn't the death of his brain cells give him less skill points?

And finally, why a d6 hitdie? If Druids and Clerics can have numbers made of bullshit, so can the Drunkard! He should also have all good saves, because:

1- he moves in unpredictable ways, that's good Reflex saves right there
2- he's impervious to logic, you want a better reason for a Will save? (AKA this is why Paladins have good Will)
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 04:34:52 PM »
2- he's impervious to logic, you want a better reason for a Will save? (AKA this is why Paladins have good Will)
But, they don't! :p
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 04:37:43 PM »
But, they don't! :p

Of course they do. It's called Divine Grace.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Ashtagon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • The Piazza
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 04:38:54 PM »
He should have more hit points, on account of the alcohol numbing the pain.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 04:58:43 PM »
He should have more hit points, on account of the alcohol numbing the pain.

Or gain temp HP via class features.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 05:25:51 PM »
The Seal (Ex) - A Drunkard is quite the heavy drinker, and, just like anyone else who imbibes large quantities of alcohol, his body can only process so much at a time. The Seal represents the limit at which the Drunkard's body can no longer handle alcohol. Drunkards can consume alcoholic beverages at the cost of 1 swift action per beverage to accumulate Drink Charges up to a number of Charges equal to twice his Constitution modifier. These charges last for 1 hour, unless lost or expended. For each charge he holds he gains a bonus to Cha based skill checks and to Will saves against Fear and Compulsion effects.

Liquid Courage (Ex) - Starting at 3rd level, a Drunkard retains his bonus to Will saves even after breaking The Seal, in fact these bonuses double.

Drunken Defense (Ex) - Starting at 5th level, a Drunkard gains a +1 bonus to AC, and 5 temporary hitpoints for each Drink Charge he holds.

:D

Don't worry, I understand just how impervious to logic and pain he should be.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 05:37:50 PM »
I Swear to Drunk I'm Not God (Su) - At 20th level a Drunkard has reached the pinnacle of perfection, ascending to godlike status and gaining Divine Rank 1.
Creatures with a divine rank of at least 0 are immune to poison. Alcohol is, technically, a neurotoxin. So, wouldn't the capstone make the Drunkard immune to alcohol? Or is this another example of being immune to logic?

You should totally make Immunity to Logic a class feature. :D
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 09:08:02 PM »
All he needs do is consume the alcohol, the mechanics say nothing about being effected by it an any specific way, other than the beverage going into his digestive system. :)

But hey, now he can drink to his heart's content, gaining all of the benefits, all while staying sober!

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 12:30:10 AM »
All he needs do is consume the alcohol, the mechanics say nothing about being effected by it an any specific way, other than the beverage going into his digestive system. :)

But hey, now he can drink to his heart's content, gaining all of the benefits, all while staying sober!

But where's the fun in that?

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 01:14:21 PM »
But where's the fun in that?
No kidding!  I don't drink beer because of the taste!
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 01:24:07 PM »
True, I was just reflecting on the fact that the class loses no mechanical playability at that point, but if you're playing a Drunkard, and you can no long get drunk, it's about time to roll a new character (right after you commit Self-Deicide).

Orion

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 04:24:51 PM »
Bravo. That's hilarious. I'd love to try that out for a low-stakes game.

Might be nice to include the official text on getting drunk along with the class description. It's a little thing, certainly, but I find gamers really like having all the necessary information at their fingertips.

Again, kudos.

SiggyDevil

• Hong Kong
  • Magmar, the ultimate butthead
    • Feybook Project
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 04:43:04 AM »
Oh fuck I love it.
+1 FU

Wish my alcoholic ex-military gamer friend wasn't 3000 miles away, he would play this in an INSTANT.

"Liquid Courage (Ex) - Starting at 3rd level, a Drunkard retains his bonus to Will saves even after breaking The Seal, in fact these bonuses double."

Consider rephrasing. Split in to more sentences perhaps. I thought it meant something else or was an incomplete statement.

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 07:54:07 AM »
This class is just dumb.

Alchoholics is just crap.

No offense, but I would NEVER play this class.

If he was drinking lemon juice instead, I would consider it :P