Author Topic: Mission 1: The Death of a Merchant  (Read 12446 times)

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
Re: Mission 1: The Death of a Merchant
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2009, 06:07:27 PM »
"Well, since we're all satisfied with our food, let us be about our buisness."
Gregory leaves the tavern, his companions right behind him. As he walks through the streets, he once again cast his magical disguise in a discreet manner, trying to keep his appearance from not changing at any unappropriate moment.
He continues walking about, suddenly deciding to approach a villager.
"Sorry to intrude on your lovley morning sir, but I was wondering, where are the merchants of this place located?"
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2009, 07:01:46 PM »
"Well, If mes remembo's correctorctly, the shooping palc' are aboot tor blorcks thart erway"
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2009, 01:00:35 PM »
"Thank you good sir, I'm much obliged." Gregory flashes his most winning smile and then proceeds to head in the direction he recived.
[Spoiler]
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2009, 05:34:40 PM »
Kyle follows, keeping an eye out for anything unusual.

Mushroom Ninja

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2009, 09:25:35 AM »
Samuel moves along with the rest.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2009, 03:58:31 PM »
You find yourselves in front of a small building, two guards in front, with a sign that reads "The Village Store" in front.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »
Kyle unobtrusively sizes up the two guards.

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2009, 04:20:28 PM »
Standing infront of mentioned building, Gregory starts speaking.
"Marvelous. It seems as if the directions the jolly fellow gave us where quite right, quite right indeed. Hello gentlemen, are your patron inside? I wouldn't dream of blurting in, my manners are anything but rude. However I've got gold to spend and merchandise to check. So, pray tell me, can I go in?"
He points to the door with a smile on his face. There is no hint of a condesending tone in his voice, just pure curiosity.
[Spoiler]

[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2009, 12:57:22 AM »
The guard grunts and nods toward the door.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2009, 11:13:35 AM »
Kyle remains outside, giving the appearance of a bodyguard remaining attentive and watchful, but ready to act at a moment's notice if he has to.

[spoiler]Readying a move action to rush inside the store if I hear any unusual noises. Unless we're all going in together, in which case, disregard this.[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2009, 11:54:33 AM »
Daken stays behind as well, alert for anything out of the ordinary.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2009, 08:45:13 PM »
"Splendid" Gregroy walks inside, looking about as to familiarize himself with his surroundings. Taking in the structure of the building, he makes mental notes of windows, other exits, the layout of the room aswell as the presence of any of the expected other guards. He then proceeds to smile heartly towards the merchant. "Hello good sir, my name is Rohen Fallbrooks, collector of curio magnifica. Or more commonly know as interesting things. I was wondering if I could take a look around?" He then raises his money pouch to waist height and dingle with it, making sure the clatter of the coins are heard.
[Spoiler]

[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

Mushroom Ninja

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2009, 11:59:59 PM »
Samuel follows Gregory into the shop, looking about and trying to memorize all details.

[spoiler]I'll roll an autohypnosis check if needed...[/spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2009, 02:47:24 PM »
A fat man flanked by two guards just waves as he eats a leg of lamb. The store is full of the basics, food, tools, etc. But, there is something you notice, inside a locked cage is an ancient dagger, with a price tag of 1,000 gold.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2009, 08:08:17 PM »
"Oh, but what is this?" He turns his head and smiles to the shopkeeper after eyeing the dagger. "It seems you have in you're possession quite the piece of workmanship here, if the pricetag is any indication. May I implore what you know of this exellent dagger?"

[spoiler]emissary, some kind of enviromental description would be nice. How the room is constructed or so. Unless we can get any information, the only option we have is pure head-on combat when we go into action and Gregory for one aren't suited for that.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]

[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2009, 09:04:46 PM »
The room is 25 by 25 by 10. The entire place is wood and the walls are covered in shelves. There are two doors. One in front and one in back, presumably leading to a backroom of some sort. Five feet from the back is a counter reaching up to five feet away from the side wall.

"The dagger is from an ancient elven kingdom. It is rumored to be magical."
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2009, 07:26:57 PM »
"Is it now. Well well well." Gregory gets as close to the dagger as he can get whilst observing it. "May I ask how it ended up here? You see dear sir, most of my most valuable items came from shopkeepers that had no idea what they had laying around in their dusty storagerooms. But you seem unusally enlightened. Where did you get it?" He smiles yet again to the shopkeeper, very quickly, before returning to examine the dagger.
[Spoiler]

[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2009, 07:53:26 PM »
"A man came running in here one day, blathering about how the dagger was magical and sold it to me for 5 gold!"
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2009, 03:47:38 PM »
"Quite the bargain I'd say. Stupendous. I assume you had it indentified?"
Gregory strikes a thougtful pose as he silently observe the dagger.
Four guards. One entrance. One exit. No windows. Ranged won't work here, perhaps when he's heading home."I must say I'm interested indeed, providing of course that it is geniune. However, I do for obvious reasons not carry that much gold with me at the moment. But I think I can provide it soon. When do you close for the day?"
[Spoiler]

[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2009, 04:52:48 PM »
"9pm, why do you ask?"
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat