Author Topic: A New Beginning  (Read 12711 times)

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
Re: A New Beginning
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2009, 06:43:58 PM »
[spoiler]Fastest recap ever:
Battle
Turned knob 2
Skill Challenge
Found a Dead End
Battle
Turned knob 3[/spoiler]

You are currently standing in the moist, foul, formerly-kruthik-ridden room where you have turned the third knob.

Trynant

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2009, 12:23:33 AM »
"Well, as much as I like standing around in the guts of gods know what, I recall a passage we did not venture downward earlier on." Valkon takes a look at some of his weary party-members. "Then again it might be useful for us to wait and recover."

ymir

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2009, 12:45:41 AM »
"Agreed. Let's get going. Maybe we'll see what these damned knobs have activated on the way." Sha-Karn makes his way to the crevasse and squeezes into it, proceeding to retrace the group's steps...

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2009, 03:19:17 PM »
The group retraces its steps, back to where the path diverged, earlier in this godforsaken tunnel.
This second route rounds off to the right of the other path, and shortly opens up into a large, damp, room.

[spoiler=To save you guys some time...]Give me a Dungeoneering check.[/spoiler]

ymir

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2009, 05:59:58 PM »
Sha-Karn looks about the cavernous area, not terribly comfortable in the moisture.

[spoiler]Dungeoneering: 1d20 3=22[/spoiler]

Huggles

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2009, 04:50:08 AM »
Telchar perceives much about the caverns that surround him, feeling completely at home in the dark, surrounded by stone.

[spoiler]26 Dungeoneering[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2009, 05:45:21 PM »
Telchar:  You know, that if this were your deathtrap dungeon, it'd have a lot better stone.
But beyond that, if you wanted to keep people from proceeding, you would have all of the switches required to get out reset every few hours.

Huggles

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2009, 03:46:01 AM »
"Those switches we... err, switched, mighta reset themselves by now. Seems like if someone wanted ta keep us out that bad, they wouldn't make it so easy on us as ta just press the switches 'n be on our merry way. Ah say we go on an' finish explorin' down this last path and find any more switches or stuff o' value. Then Ah say we run through real quick an' hit all the switches an' see if the door them other bastard dwarves closed on us opens back up, or is anything else opens up," Telchar says as he slings his hammer over his shoulder and gets ready to proceed.

ymir

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2009, 11:29:55 AM »
"That would make sense, though I hate to admit it... as it means we need to spend more time in this... wet." the Genasi cringes and turns, letting the light from his kopesh brighten the way as he and Telchar lead the way. "We'd best get moving, then."

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »
The large area you are in slopes downward, and you can hear the sound of drops of water falling against rock.  At your feet, you notice that the rock is actually quite damp.
Ahead, you can see a large pool of water.  The water is too dark to see the bottom.  You assume that the constant drip and runoff into the pool must keep the sediment stirred up.
Those of you with decent dungeoneering checks know that jumping in could be a deathtrap.  Pools of water in caves can be astonishingly deep, and they can immediately disorient you.

Huggles

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »
Telchar drops his hammer, sinks to his knees, and cries out, "WE HAVE FAILED!!!!! IT'S OVER!!! IT'S HOPELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!", weeps bitterly, and considers ending it all in the pool's watery embrace.

ymir

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2009, 12:17:06 AM »
Slightly taken aback at this display of emotion from the otherwise stoic dwarf, the swordmage says, "Calm down. It's just water... as much as I hate it... have some of your alcohol, it'll make you feel better. Now... what do we now that we're here...? Going in would be... bad.".

Trynant

« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2009, 01:12:20 AM »
[spoiler]"Perhaps the inhabitants of this cave use a boat to travel across this body of water. Or maybe it is another illusion like that wall that took us hours to find?" Valkon sighs. "This dungeon vexes more than the impossible triangle that killed a former comrade of mine."[/spoiler]

"Maybe this is like that illusion that took us hours to find? After all the surprises in this dungeon I doubt this water is exactly what it seems."

[spoiler]I really have to remember to write [/color] instead of [/purple] and to preview my posts before I leave them on the forum for a day.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 03:40:20 AM by Trynant »

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2009, 01:40:16 AM »
[spoiler]It is possible to see the wall on the other side of the pool of water.[/spoiler]

ymir

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2009, 12:39:02 AM »
The swordmage looks about the 'landing' for a rock.

[spoiler=Perception]1d20 3=23[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Find one?]"Let's find out...", he throws the rock into the water to see if it splashes through and sinks. 1d20 6=10[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2009, 03:36:44 AM »
You toss the rock into the murky water, and immediately lose sight of it.  No sound is heard if or when it touches bottom.

Trynant

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2009, 05:40:34 PM »
"This is baffling. We have hit nothing but dead ends, and have naught to show for it but some near-death experiences. This has to be one of my least favorite death-trap dungeons. At least the other ones I've been in made a point to kill you rather than give the illusion of guarding some secret area we haven't found." Valkon starts to inspect the area closely. "There must be something here we're not catching."

[spoiler]Perception check to see if there is any unusual things on the walls, floors, or on the surface of the water. I don't go into the water but I do try to put my hand in it.

1d20+8=12[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »
You feel the water, let it run over  your hand.  It seems safe, just fouled up.  You brace yourself to shift your pack, so it doesn't slide around and pitch you into the water and you accidentally touch the bottom.  It feels as though it slopes down gently, if a little bit steep.