Author Topic: Shaman Preview and Summoner Wizards !  (Read 1442 times)

Banor

• Curious George
Shaman Preview and Summoner Wizards !
« on: February 03, 2009, 02:55:28 AM »
From the Feb 2 DDI news, we got Shaman preview. To be quick we can say he's a wierd leader. Highlights are :

Shaman
- Leader
- Primary stat : WIS
- Secondary Stats : CON / INT
- Leader HP / Surges
- Leather armor / +1 Fort and Will Def (might lead to craptastic AC on CON based Shamans)

Spirit Companion
- Can be attacked (not defenses stated, probably yours)
- Allies can go through
- "HP" = 10+1/2 level, doesn't take damage under that, anything higher destroy it and make you loose 5+1/2 level HP
- Can be Summoned at-will as a Minor Action anywhere in Cl Burst 20
- A lot of power originate from the Spirit Companion making it a melee/caster hybrid / most of his effets are also centered on Sprit (making it more effective when the group is clumped up)
- Can spend OA to make him take one when a target use a move action to get away (no OA from Shooting by the wording). Either a WIS based "basic attack" ( WIS vs Reflex 1d10+WIS ) or a low damage attack with a healing component ( WIS vs Reflex ; WIS damage + ally within 5sq heal WIS mod)
Spirit Boon
- Increase healing that you cast on target adjacent to your Sprit Companion by your CON mod OR increase damage on bloodied targets for allies adjacent to your spirit companion = INT mod
Other
- Healing Spirit is 1 ally within 5sq spend a surge and one other adj to your spirit companion regain 1d6 (scaling like the Healing Word) (Highly effective when both target are adjacent to it with the CON based Shaman)

Wizard

Summoning Keyword

- HP and defenses : Def = to your defenses without any temporary bonus, HP = to Bloodied value
- Loose a Surge when they are destroyed
- Lack of Healing surge, but you can spend yours
- Can command it as a Minor action to : rawl, escape, fly, open or close a door or a container, pick up or drop an item, run, stand up, shift, squeeze, or walk.
- Most summons carry special action they can take
Ex :
Summon Fire Warrior (Daily 1)
Effect: You summon a Medium fire warrior in an unoccupied square within range. The fire warrior has a speed of fly 6 (hover). It has a +2 bonus to AC and a +2 bonus to Fortitude. You can give the fire warrior the following special commands.
Standard Action: Melee 1; targets one creature; Intelligence vs. Reflex; 1d8 + Intelligence modifier fire damage.
Opportunity Attack: Melee 1; targets one creature; Intelligence vs. Reflex; 1d8 + Intelligence modifier fire damage.

Summon Abyssal Maw (Daily 5)
Effect: You summon a Medium abyssal maw in an unoccupied square within range. The maw has a speed of 6. You can give the maw the following special commands.
Standard Action: Melee 1; targets one creature; Intelligence vs. Reflex; 2d6 + Intelligence modifier damage.
Opportunity Attack: Melee 1; targets one creature; Intelligence vs. Reflex; 1d8 + Intelligence modifier damage. In addition, if an enemy adjacent to the maw makes a melee attack that does not include the maw as a target, the maw can make an opportunity attack against that enemy after the enemy's attack is resolved.

Summon Iron Cobra (Utility 6)
Effect: You summon a Small iron cohort in an unoccupied square within the burst. The iron cohort has a speed of 6 and has a +2 bonus to AC. You can give the iron cohort the following special command.
Immediate Interrupt: When you are targeted by a ranged or melee attack and the iron cohort is adjacent to you, the iron cohort becomes the attack's target instead.

New Implement Mastery
- Tome of Binding which improves summons

Wizards stuff will probably be released in either Arcane Power or Eberron Player Guide (since it follow up the Eberron preview without stating that it will be in a different book). Seem more like Arcane Power preview but well...

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Re: Shaman Preview and Summoner Wizards !
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:16:54 PM »
The Shaman's Spirit is a lot like the Ranger's Beast.

I was at D&D XP and I thought about trying the Shaman for the Delve, but once I saw all the pet stuff, I wussed out.  I didn't want to deal with learning that much new stuff (since I've never played a Beastmaster Ranger, either).  Also I was playing @ a WotC developer's special Delve and wanted to make a decent showing.