Author Topic: Ravenloft! (No spoilers, please)  (Read 4122 times)

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: Ravenloft! (No spoilers, please)
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 03:30:19 PM »
@ Incorporeal creatures: Ooh, hadn't thought of that. =/ I guess I could use turning on ghosts, but...
Anyone got ideas for other flaws?
Your other flaw is Shaky?

Well, there's always Poor Reflexes (or whatever it's called).  Having -3 on Reflex saves isn't fun, but as a cleric, you're already going to have a poor save and probably not the world's greatest Dex.  Generally speaking, low Fort and Will saves are what kill you.  Low Ref saves tend to just make you take more damage (although there is the occasional Grease and Web).

Again, not having played in Ravenloft, I don't know if there's any reason that a low Reflex save would be more dangerous than normal.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Ravenloft! (No spoilers, please)
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 04:17:32 PM »
@ Incorporeal creatures: Ooh, hadn't thought of that. =/ I guess I could use turning on ghosts, but...
Anyone got ideas for other flaws?
Hmm, yeah, Poor Reflexes would make my total Ref save mod -1 (or -2 without Prayer online). =/ It's survivable, I guess.
Thanks for the item suggestions, pfooti, I'll look into them.

BTW, I've got the DFA/Sorcerer's sheet now. The fighter posted hers too, but I dunno if it's complete. Here and hereHere. She had Bracers of Armor and Leather Armor (why the fuck not a mithral chain shirt?), so I gently pointed out that they don't stack. When the player said he'd only been playing for one and a half years and thus was still inexperienced, I casually mentioned that I've been playing sunce August '07. You do the math, boys.

EDIT 2: Whoo, I finally managed to get everyone to chip in. Healing for everyone!

EDIT 3: And here's my character sheet! I included the bonuses from Prayer, and switched to Poor Reflexes as my 2nd flaw. I don't like having a negative save mod, but my character will be thankful when he's facing down ghosts. Also, I bought a Crystal of Return for the 300-odd gp I had left after everyone's donations and the Ring of Counterspelling. No Dispel Magic for the DM!

Whyan Newar
Male Lawful Good Aasimar Cleric, Level 6, Init -1, HP 46/46, Speed 20 ft.
AC 18, Touch 9, Flat-footed 18, Fort +8, Ref -1, Will +10, Base Attack Bonus +9 (2d6+5, 19-20/x2)
+8 (1d8+5, x2)
+1 Restful Full Plate (+9 Armor, -1 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 8, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 16
Condition None
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:24:36 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation