Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 94220 times)

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
OOC Thread
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:24:32 PM »
And out of character discussion goes here, as well as the running tally of musical references that everyone will inevitably make.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 09:54:27 PM »
Every time someone asks about my backstory, I'm going to start with: "Well, everything was great, until I was BANNED FROM. HEAVEN!" except I'm going to provide a link to a soundclip of that part of the song. Just those few seconds.

EDIT: Maybe I should go Feral, would that be acceptable? The bonus to my Save DCs on my maneuvers along with the extra Natural Armor would be sweet, and it fits the character. Thoughts?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 12:42:50 PM »
Hey guys, I was thinking, since this is an Eberron game, we should totally have our own Airship :D

Opens up a lot of possibilities for musical references as well :)

Also, what would the craft DC for an Artificer be to turn it into something like this?: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=yxXCV4DN3fU

:P
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 02:10:37 PM »
Dude, airships are win. We could run around all day singing Rocket Man or Ghost Riders in the Sky or Flying High Again or... actually that elipsis isn't very appropriate, those were all I could think of.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 02:41:50 PM »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »
How did I forget Aces High? Gah.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 07:45:21 PM »
Hey guys, I was thinking, since this is an Eberron game, we should totally have our own Airship :D

Also, what would the craft DC for an Artificer be to turn it into something like this?: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=yxXCV4DN3fU

You could always use Tsuyoshikentsu's instructions for creating a Star Destroyer.

Silent Wayfarer

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 12:49:50 AM »
So... any idea on which role my chap/chick should be filling?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 06:48:59 AM »

You could always use Tsuyoshikentsu's instructions for creating a Star Destroyer.
You do realize that, as an Artificer, I could probably pull it off at this level, right? :P

EDIT: Would it be okay to take the Landlord feat from the Stronghold Builders Guide and designate our Airship as our 'stronghold'?

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 07:53:02 AM »

Question, do we want to specify our voice ranges? Tenor, Alto, Baritone, etc?

If we do, baritone for me.
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 08:50:51 AM »
Not sure about ranges, but either 'Lemmy' or 'Bruce Dickinson meets Rob Halford' for me :D

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 08:54:08 AM by BowenSilverclaw »

AvalonŽ

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 11:32:36 AM »

You do realize that, as an Artificer, I could probably pull it off at this level, right? :P

EDIT: Would it be okay to take the Landlord feat from the Stronghold Builders Guide and designate our Airship as our 'stronghold'?

Are you planning on something like this?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 12:04:13 PM »

Are you planning on something like this?
No, I don't want to push it too far, but I don't want the airship to be defenseless either :)

AvalonŽ

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 12:18:34 PM »
Just add a few spell turrets for defense then.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 12:28:35 PM »
I've got some old Airship plans lying around here somewhere, I'll manage something :)

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 05:45:56 PM »
Yeah, Bowen, Landlord is fine. Out of curiosity, are you going to be making upgrades to the airship right away, or later? And how would you prefer I work it into the game--you happen to own it or you receive it in some fashion?

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 05:48:27 PM »

How much does an airship cost, or does Landlord cover that?
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 05:55:05 PM »
An airship is 92,000 gp. At 10th level, the Landlord feat would provide 50,000 gp of that, plus matching funds for whatever Bowen spends out of his own pocket, IIRC.

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 05:56:08 PM »

Hmm, we can chip in too if Bowen likes. Does it get cheaper in PC cost if someone lese had landlord as well?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 05:56:54 PM »
@ Bozwevial: I would like to come into the game with the airship already in my possession, it's kind of part of the basic background for 'Lemmy' I'm currently working on.
Upgrades depend on how much money I have left after I finish equiping my character, I'll let you know once I'm done with that.

@ Straw_Man: 92000 gp, I think the initial budget for Landlord covers that, not sure though, I'll have to look it up.