Author Topic: C24 HQ  (Read 25475 times)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: C24 HQ
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2009, 07:09:49 PM »
I've never had a girl steal my books, so WHO KNOWS how I would deal with it.   :P
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2009, 07:21:05 PM »
Uhuh.

Say, Bell, regarding my conundrum about TWF, Double Tap and Burst Fire, would you allow me to change some things about my character, seeing as I haven't made any rolls aside from Hide and Move Silently yet?

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Bell

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2009, 07:27:59 PM »
yeah, I let j0lt do it.  However, Hide and M.S. have to stay the same, since they've been used.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2009, 07:37:25 PM »
That was the idea, I'll have a new version up by tomorrow.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2009, 12:05:41 PM »
Are you okay with the use of FX somewhere in the future, Bell?
(looking at the Spellslinger Advanced Class, but I'll need a 1-level dip of Techno Mage for that to get the required Spellcraft ranks...)

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2009, 12:16:03 PM »
I'm going to say no to magic type FX, unless you can come up with some damn good fluff that says it's not magic but gives you the same abilities.  I am cool with any Psionic stuff you want to do, and if you reflavored it to be that, and did it well, then I would consider it.  I would prefer very strongly, however, that you kept the FX to psionics.

BTW, I know I've seen spellslinger, but I can't find it.  Where is it?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2009, 12:39:56 PM »
Spellslinger is in the Urban Arcana Web Enhancement.

Reflavoring to Psionics was something I was thinking about as well, maybe reflavor it to Dean tapping even further into the abilities his enhanced senses grant him and using those to further enhance his shooting ability? Especially since his biggest mutations are sensory ones...

That being said, I just did some number crunching, and even if I dump Charisma even further in favor of Intelligence, I'm going to have to lose 2 points of Hide and 1 point of Move Silently to pull it off.

I would also have to dump Profession leaving me to rely on my team-mates and C24 material for expensive gear.

Any thoughts?

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2009, 01:00:50 PM »
Here are my thoughts:

For Spellslinger, change the Requirement to Psicraft 10 Ranks instead of Spellcraft 10 Ranks.  Then we can call the class something else, like Telekinetic Sniper, or Psychic Gunslinger.  The 5th level class feature Imbue Shot would be altered to work for psionic powers instead of spells.  All the same rules would apply, but you would spend power points to manifest powers instead of spell slots to cast spells.  ... You get the idea.

Try crunching some numbers that way, and see what you come up with. 

If you still have to lower the hide and move silently ranks, then I guess I can lower your check result by those bits.  Try not to lose too much of them though.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2009, 01:18:57 PM »
That would require I take a level of Telepath, for which I would need to give up a feat to fit in Wild Talent...
It would also still cost me quite some skill ranks, reducing Hide and Move Silently or completely dumping Profession as well.
I don't have any feat slots to spare, so if it's okay with you I would prefer the reflavoring of Magic FX.
It won't be more than a few 1st level spells, so it's not like I'll turn into the party 'Shaman' or a guy with a pointy hat al of a sudden, and I can limit myself to the few spells that actually enhance my senses and/or shooting ability...

Waddayasay?  :bigeye :flutter ;) :D

EDIT: The spells I was talking about, 3 in total:

0) Prestidigitation - twirling ma guns, no real mechanical effect, but I need something to fill those 0-level slots with :P

1) Magic Weapon
    True Strike

These would be the only spells I'd use...

« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 12:30:44 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2009, 12:32:04 PM »
Have you thought my suggestions over yet, Bell?
I've got some ideas for extra fluff etc. floating around in my head, I can have 'em up by this weekend...

EDIT: Come on guys, let's keep this alive! :D

« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 12:35:22 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »
The thing that's getting to me really is the preparing spells.  I can't see the spell files being Psychic in any way.  How about we take Techno Mage and just replace the spells section from that with the powers section from Telepath. That way you have the same class skills and everything, but instead of spellfiles you have a more psychic feel to your character.

and I haven't forgotten about this, I've just been doing other stuff.  ;)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2009, 09:07:06 AM »
But Telepaths don't get True Strike :P

Anywho, I guess that's fine with me, although I think I can make the prepare stuff work with some reflavoring as well (will post that later today, just to see what you think about it). As for which spells to prepare, it's not like I have much choice if I only know 2 or 3 spells so I could just have the same fixed list for each day :P

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2009, 01:10:47 PM »
alright, you've convinced me. You can have Techno Mage, with the arcane list, but you can't change you spells.  They have to stay the same.  Also, I would still like to hear your reflavoring.

Deal?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2009, 01:13:15 PM »
Deal :)

I'll get a post with my reflavoring ideas up later today :)

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2009, 08:43:23 PM »
@Nanshork:  If you want to throw out a Know.(Tactics) roll, it couldn't hurt, though I can't promise it would help.

@Everyone:  I got my books back, so all is well in the world of Modern-Day Monsters.  Well, not all well, you did murder some of the good guys, but we'll see where that goes.  (Besides, I sort of tricked you into it, so I won't hold you too accountable for it)    :smirk  :D

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2009, 09:15:26 PM »
Wait, I thought I thought of charging them!!!
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2009, 09:50:38 PM »
Then that's a testament to how well I can railroad you.  you thought it was your idea.   :smirk

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2009, 11:31:29 PM »
you guys might want to go back down the cliff, BTW.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2009, 09:24:11 AM »
Reflavoring stuff:

Like I mentioned before, aside from an increase in Dexterity Dean's mutations/alterations are all sensory mutations, allowing him to perceive and target his enemies even more efficiently.

That's why I want to limit my spell selection to Magic Weapon and True Strike, since these can easily be reflavored to 'homing in' or 'focusing' on a specific target and attributed to Dean combining his heightened awareness with his years long training and expertise with firearms to lethal result.

Ofcourse an extreme increase in sensory awareness such as Dean experiences due to his mutations can be difficult to cope with for the mind, something 'normal' moreaus generally don't need to since they generally don't have vastly superior senses.

Scientists who work on these specific mutations have foreseen this problem though, and in order to have these enhanced moreaus be able to use the full scope of their abilities, they have deviced a rigorous training program that helps the moreau focus on his senses and 'zone out' any 'background noise' so to speak. Aside from intense physical training and special methods of sensory training this also includes meditation techniques and techniques to assure an efficient rest at night and prevent insomnia and other sleeping disorders as well as the ability to remain focused and aware even after a short period of rest to keep the mind clear and focused.

(Note: this last part is the reflavoring of the preparing of spells. Without a clear mind it's impossible to focus enough to enable some of the extraordinary feats Dean is capable of (namely Magic Weapon and True Strike))

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2009, 01:10:51 AM »
I'll get back to advancing this probably on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, but I have an exam tomorrow plus a bunch of HW to do, so not until then.