Author Topic: Chaos Monk Redux  (Read 72969 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Chaos Monk Redux
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2010, 02:02:02 AM »
I have a pdf ofr the initial cat burglar, and there'll be one for the new version when it's done as well as this and my orc/gobbo stuff.  I'll prolly do the critters too when I have time.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #241 on: April 02, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »
I have a pdf ofr the initial cat burglar, and there'll be one for the new version when it's done as well as this and my orc/gobbo stuff.  I'll prolly do the critters too when I have time.
I think he is talking about an ultimate compilation of all of your stuff in one PDF.
I would be awesome, but also a lot of work.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #242 on: April 02, 2010, 08:46:13 PM »
I think he is talking about an ultimate compilation of all of your stuff in one PDF.

Oh yeah.  Hell the Cat Burglar is 278 pages as it is.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #243 on: April 02, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »

You should name the revised version of the pdf Complete Kitteh or something. :D
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2010, 09:33:27 PM »

You should name the revised version of the pdf Complete Kitteh or something. :D
Seconded!  :D

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2010, 03:57:42 AM »
Minor update to teh Rubbah Tung.   Sorry about the delays depression has made it hard to concentrate on all the threads I'm doing.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2010, 03:17:27 PM »
Minor update to teh Rubbah Tung.   Sorry about the delays depression has made it hard to concentrate on all the threads I'm doing.
Don't worry, that's understandable.

Also, I noticed that the chaos monk's weapon proficiencies are quote "any 8 weqapons". Does this include exotic weapons? If so, yay.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2010, 04:11:15 PM »
yes it does.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #248 on: April 19, 2010, 12:03:53 AM »
Tongue Fu maneuvers are up and awaiting feedback.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2010, 09:46:13 PM »
Cool.  :)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2010, 03:19:37 AM »
My what a deafening response  :p

The capstone is up.  If you like I'll finish up and next on the block is Psycho Bitch Kung Fu.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2010, 02:46:14 PM »
Other than what if you already have the mutations it gives, it seems good.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #252 on: May 11, 2010, 04:02:50 AM »
PSYCHO BITCH KUNG FU

Certain female Chaos Monk's have what could nicely be called 'a temper', and more importantly an increased capacity for absolute destruction when using that temper to their own advantage.  Granted they also snap at a moments notice and aren't particularly stable, hence the name of the style they practice.

BECOMING A PSYCHO BITCH
Usually female Chaos Monks learn Psycho Bitch Kung Fu because they have anger management problems they'd like to channel into a fighting style.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Class Abilities:  Rage, Chaos Strike
   Skills:  Intimidate 8 ranks, Jump or Tumble 6 ranks
   Feats:  Disturbed Lunatic, Instantaneous Rage

Class Skills
 The Psycho Bitches' class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 2 + int

Hit Dice: d8

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
1. +1    +2     +0     +2    RAAAHHH!, Monk
2. +2    +3     +0     +3    YOU NEVER LOVED ME!
3. +3    +3     +1     +3    Uncontrollable Weeping
4. +4    +4     +1     +4    RAAAHHH!
5. +5    +4     +1     +4    YOU NEVER LOVED ME!
6. +6    +5     +2     +5    Uncontrollable Weeping
7. +7    +5     +2     +5    RAAAHHH!
8. +8    +6     +2     +6    YOU NEVER LOVED ME!
9. +9    +6     +3     +6    Uncontrollable Weeping
10.+10   +7     +3     +7    Hardcore Psycho Bitch

Weapon Proficiencies: Psycho Bitches gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

RAAAHHH! (Ex): At 1st level when Raging, the opponent you are currently attacking must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Strength Modifier) or be Shaken for the duration of the encounter if you successfully damage him.  If he succeeds he is immune to this ability for 24 hours.  This is a Mind-Affecting Fear effect.  

At 4th level when using this ability you can choose to Frighten your opponent for 1d6 rounds instead.

At 7th level when using this ability you can choose to Paralyze your opponent for 1d4 rounds instead.

Monk: Your Barbarian, Chaos Monk, and Psycho Bitch levels stack for purposes of determining your unarmed strike damage.

YOU NEVER LOVED ME! (Ex): At levels 2, 5, and 8 you gain an additional daily use of Rage.  At level 8 you gain Greater Rage (this is identical to the Barbarian ability on page 26 of the PHB)

Uncontrollable Weeping (Ex): Your psychosis gives you some additional benefits.  When Raging your Bonus to Willpower Saves increases by +2 at level 3, and an additional +2 at levels 6 and 9.

Hardcore Psycho Bitch (Ex): At 10th level when Raging you also automatically gain the benefits (and drawbacks) of the Frenzy ability (see Complete Warrior page 34), with the exception that her penalty to AC does not increase due to Frenzy.  Unlike normal Frenzy you also snap out of it back to just normal Rage once whatever caused you to initially Frenzy is dead.

PLAYING A PSYCHO BITCH
 Much of your life revolves around screaming and hitting things.  Sometimes other people but occasionally yourself in your scarier more introspective moments.  You should probably give up your diet of cocaine and Red Bull.  And binge drinking.  And you should probably stop dating men who feed you cocaine while insulting your looks and sleeping with your sister.  But this does have the side effect of making you a bad-ass if slightly unpredictable killing machine.
 Combat: Generally you like to completely fucking lose it and begin flailing at whatever the hell is within range.  The flailing and screaming continues until it is a liquidy mass, at which point you continue to the next target of opportunity or begin weeping uncontrollably.  Nuthin' scary here...
 Advancement: Most Psycho Bitches don't live long enough to worry about planning their advancement, and even the ones good enough to win their fights really don't plan for the future.
Resources: Not many people like you so resource wise you rely on your like minded sisters, or on whatever you can steal or take by force.

PSYCHO BITCHES IN THE WORLD

Most people interact with you by running in the opposite direction while crapping themselves, or by trying to lock you up for the common good.  Bastards.  You'll get them for that.
 Daily Life: Occasionally you medicate yourself enough to get through the day without committing murders.  Usually they're filled with screaming and smashing things.  You really need to learn to chill when fighting isn't necessary...
 Notables: Sherri (CN Female Human Barbarian 2/Chaos Monk 4/Psycho Bitch 6) is a former Nobleman's daughter who got bored being rich and decided to run away and become an adventurer.  Life has not been kind to her since then...
 Organizations: Most organizations don't hire people as unhinged as you, and even your fellow Psycho Bitches can only stand each other in small doses.  So you're pretty much on your own.

NPC Reaction
 Most NPC's are scared shitless of you, and can you honestly blame them?  You're pretty much a walking nightmare.

PSYCHO BITCHES IN THE GAME
 This class assumes you wish to play an uncontrollable, violent lunatic.  Make sure your group is okay with that.
 Adaptation: This could go in silly or serious campaigns, but be prepared fro some protests when people wanna use this one.
 Encounters: Psycho Bitches are often encountered in bars, riots, musical concerts, and anywhere public mayhem can take place.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: The PC's have been asked by a rich nobleman to find his daughter and bring her home.  He thinks she's joined a cult.  He's pretty close.  The PC's are in for such a bad day...

Sherri
CN Female Human Barbarian 2/Chaos Monk 4/Psycho Bitch 6
Init +2, Senses: Listen +, Spot +,
Languages Common
------------------------------------------------
AC , touch , flat-footed   (+2 Dex, +x Wis, )
hp 61 (12 HD)
Fort +13, Ref +8, Will +9  
Uncanny Dodge, Disturbed Mind
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee
Base Atk +11, Grp +13
Atk Options Rage 1/day, Chaos Strike (Magic)
Combat Gear
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 16
SQ
Feats Brutal Stunning, Disturbed Lunatic, Extend Rage, Improved Initiative, Instantaneous Rage, Shocking Blow, Extra Mutation (Fast Healing 3)(B), Improved Grapple (B), Stunning Fist (B),
Skills
Possessions

EPIC PSYCHO BITCHES

Hit Die: d8
Skills Points at Each  Level : 2 + int
YOU NEVER LOVED ME! Beginning at Level 22 and every three levels thereafter you gain an additional daily use of Rage.
Uncontrollable Weeping Your Bonus to Will Saves while Raging increases by an additional +2 at level 23 and every three levels thereafter.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Psycho Bitch gains a Bonus Feat every x levels higher than 20th
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 06:31:54 PM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2010, 05:04:14 AM »
Minor update, got the prereqs and such up

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2010, 03:13:37 AM »
got most of the fluff up

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2010, 03:52:28 AM »
Got the rest of the fluff up, should have abilities soon

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2010, 02:46:38 AM »
Got the first abilities up.  Sorry for the delays.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #257 on: June 29, 2010, 01:37:03 AM »
Psycho Bitch just needs capstone  :D

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2010, 06:32:09 PM »
Capstone and EPic levels are done'

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #259 on: July 26, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
BRAINFINGER KUNG FU

"Now some of you will scoff when I say I can kill a man by shoving my pinky finger into his brain..."

Some Chaos Monks have learned a fairly bizarre form of supernatural martial art that lets them kill or disable an opponent by making stiffened finger strikes against his head.  Supposedly they are striking vital energy points that disrupt or destroy his brain or consciousness.  And it fuckin' works so who are we to say they're wrong?

BECOMING A BRAINFINGER
Generally one must start as a Chaos Monk who has a disproportionately weird sense of humor, and a willingness to study equally weird forms of combat with semi practical use.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Skills:  Concentration 8 ranks, Knowledge (Arcana) 8 ranks
   Class Abilities:  Chaos Strike (Magic), Mutation (Deadly Ego)
   Feats:  Fists of Confusion, Ghost Strike, Touch of the Abyss  

Class Skills
 The Brainfinger's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex, Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Arcana, The Planes)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d8

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
1. +0    +0     +2     +2    Giving People the Finger, Monk
2. +1    +0     +3     +3    Defensive Fingering
3. +2    +1     +3     +3    Touch Mastery
4. +3    +1     +4     +4    Giving People the Finger
5. +3    +1     +4     +4    Defensive Fingering
6. +4    +2     +5     +5    Touch Mastery
7. +5    +2     +5     +5    Giving People the Finger
8. +6    +2     +6     +6    Defensive Fingering
9. +6    +3     +6     +6    Touch Mastery
10.+7    +3     +7     +7    Master of the Finger

Weapon Proficiencies: A Brainfinger gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Giving People the Finger (Su): Beginning at 1st level you can deliver devastating attacks to opponents with a mere finger strike. You can now make a melee touch attack doing 1 point of damage, and any Feats that you can use via an Unarmed Strike (i.e. Stunning Fist, Weakening Touch, Falling Star Strike, Ghost Strike, etc) you can use via this finger strike.  At levels 1, 4, and 7 you can choose one of these Feats and gain a special attack using it:

Stunning Fist: If an opponent fails his Save he is Stunned for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma Modifier instead of just 1 round.

Freezing the Lifeblood: You may now paralyze any opponent, not just Humanoids, and you can effect opponents immune to Stunning.

Pain Touch: You may now use this Feats ability on a creature of any Size Class, and they are Nauseated for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma Modifier instead of just 1 round.

Weakening Touch: Multiple uses of this Feat do stack up to 3 times, and you do not use a daily use of Stunning Fist if you miss with this attack.

Anarchic Strike: When using this feat with making a touch attack, Lawful opponents take the 2d6 damage from the Feat and must make a Willpower Save (Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus Charisma Modifier) or lose their Class Abilities for 1 round.

Fists of Confusion: If your opponent fails his Saving Throw he is Confused for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma Modifier as opposed to 1 round.

Burning Heart Strike: If your opponent fails the Saving Throw he takes damage in addition to the penalty as opposed to just taking the -6 penalty.

Burrowing Touch: If your opponent fails his Saving Throw he is Frightened for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma Modifier instead of just 1 round.

Brutal Stunning: Opponents who fail their Saving Throw take a _4 Circumstance Penalty on rolls instead of -1.

Deafening Slap: If your opponent fails his Saving Throw he is -6 to his Wisdom for 1 hour instead of 1 minute.

Touch of the Abyss: If your opponent fails his Saving Throw he is Feebleminded for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma Modifier instead of just 1 round.

Ghost Strike: If your opponent fails his Saving Throw he takes a Penalty on Saving Throws for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma Modifier instead of just 1 round.

Monk: Your Chaos Monk and Brainfinger Levels stack for purposes of determining your Unarmored AC Bonus and Chaos Strike abilities.

Defensive Fingering (Su): At second level you gain Combat Reflexes as a Bonus Feat.

At 5th level, you get a +4 Competence Bonus to Attack Rolls when using your Giving People the Finger Ability.

At 8th level, anyone who attacks you in melee and misses provokes an Attack of Opportunity, but you must use your Giving People the Finger ability to make the AoO.

Touch Mastery (Su): At 3rd Level if you successfully make a Touch Attack against someone casting a spell or using a skill/ability/power requiring Concentration, they have to make a Concentration Check (DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus Charisma Modifier) or their concentration is broken.

At 6th Level the Save DC of any ability you have requiring a Touch Attack is increased by +2 (this includes Giving People the Finger).

At 9th Level when making a Full Attack you gain one extra attack per round at your Full Attack Bonus as long as it is a Touch Attack.

Master of the Finger (Su): At 10th Level, 3 times per day you can make a Melee Touch Attack and your opponent must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus Charisma Modifier) or die.  If the Save is successful he takes 3d6 plus your Charisma Modifier in damage instead.

PLAYING A BRAINFINGER
 You are bad.  So bad.  And you need to make sure everyone knows it.  You don't have to kill them, but a little brief paralysis here and there goes a long way to solidifying your reputation as a bad ass.
 Combat: Brainfinger students can kill, cripple, or paralyze a man with a single finger.  They tend to fight defensively until an opening presents itself and then all of a sudden their opponent is a pointless mockery of his former self.
 Advancement: Brainfinger students are obsessively single minded in the refinement of their art.  God alone knows why but they consider it the most important thing in their lives.
Resources: Students of Brainfinger Kung Fu are usually poor as they spend all their available resources on their studies.  Granted when their studies are done they can kill a man with touch so it works out for them sometimes.

BRAINFINGERS IN THE WORLD
"Don't let him give you the finger!"
 Brainfinger monks tend to be ascetics during their training, and after that they like to walk the Earth and spread their wisdom.  Which is a nice way of saying they like to fuck people up.  Life is so much easier when you can spontaneously lobotomize people who disagree with you.
 Daily Life: Your life is pretty much your own.  Most Brainfinger monks are dilettantes or layabouts or adventurers of some sort.  They can pretty much do as they please, and most of them do just that.
 Notables: Loli (CN Human Female Chaos Monk 6/Brainfinger 6) is a young human girl obsessed with frilly dresses, dark colors, and killing people by putting her pinky finger thru their brain...
 Organizations: Brainfinger students are a tight knit, yet poor group.  They consider money beneath them.  Not being able to do what you do will push people into seeing your way anyway.  Who needs money when you can casually derp a man.

NPC Reaction
 NPC's are either horrified or think you're the coolest thing ever.  Some of them form personality cults around you hoping to learn the secret of the Finger.  

BRAINFINGERS IN THE GAME
 This is one of those weird ones that abusive players will love to use disruptively.  Be thou careful with it.
 Adaptation: This is just bizarre, and I'm sure you could fit it into a serious campaign somehow but it would take a lot of work.  A lot of work.
 Encounters: Brainfinger monks are encountered in lonely temples in the mountains, or traveling where their whims take them.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: The PC's are hired by a terrified Noble who insists he needs protection from his former lovers finger.  What the hell, it's money after all...

Loli
CN Human Female Chaos Monk 6/Brainfinger 6
Init +6, Senses: Listen +10, Spot +10
Languages Common, Sylvan
AC , touch , flat-footed   (+2 Dex, +4 Wis, )
hp 54 (12 HD)
Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +12  
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee
Base Atk +8, Grp +7
Atk Options Chaos Strike (Magic, Confusion), Unarmed Strike, Touch Mastery, Defensive Fingering, Giving People the Finger (Brutal Stunning, Fists of Iron)
Combat Gear
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 17
SQ AC Bonus, Body in Flux +3
Feats Brutal Stunning, Fists of Confusion, Improved Initiative, Pain Touch, Touch of the Abyss, Weapon Finesse, Combat Reflexes (B), Extra Mutation (Deadly Ego)(B), Ghost Strike (B), Improved Unarmed Strike (B), Stunning Fist (B)
Skills Bluff +15, Concentration +9, Hide +10, Intimidate +15, Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Listen +10, Move Silently +10, Sense Motive +10, Spot +10, Tumble +10, Use Magic Device +11
Possessions

EPIC BRAINFINGER

Hit Die: d8
Skills Points at Each  Level : 6 + int
Giving People the Finger The Brainfinger gains a new ability if they have the qualifying Feat at Levels 21 and every 3 levels thereafter.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Brainfinger gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 08:28:19 PM by bhu »