Author Topic: Chaos Monk Redux  (Read 72975 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Chaos Monk Redux
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »
Well since no one objects I'll edit it in to the front page

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2009, 09:55:46 AM »
Well since no one objects I'll edit it in to the front page.  As soon as I edit the base class to do the new abilities, I'll then audit the Feats and PrC's real quick.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:02:02 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2009, 10:18:57 AM »
Revised abilities are up on page 1 (Still need to tweak mutations a lil).

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2009, 02:05:39 PM »
shouldn't chaos strike and moment of unpredictability also apply to natural attacks gained through mutations?
Edit: table has extra chaos feats at 1st &18th level
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 02:10:28 PM by jojolagger »
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2009, 09:48:41 AM »
The Chaos Feats are supposed to be there, I just had to audit the text of the entry.  Also fixed Chaos Strike, and mutations are done except the 3 I'm adding.  I need to think about Moment of Unpredictability.

If you guys like as is I'll fix up the Feats and PrC's real quick so I can get back to work.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #205 on: December 18, 2009, 02:31:32 AM »
I feel the chaos monk should have more mutations because individuality is part of chaos and more mutations per monk increases the uniqueness of the each chaos monk dramatically.  :bigeye
Maybe a feat other than premature mutation for mutations or a variant class ability that lets you swap a bonus chaos feat for a mutation?
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2009, 08:24:23 AM »
I intend to add an extra mutation Feat.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2009, 07:40:00 AM »
Okay I redid the following Feats: Unearthly beauty, Hideous, Chaotic heritage, Celestial Monk, Fiendish Monk, Premature Mutation is now Extra Mutation, Yaoi Boi.

Also: Does anyone think Brutal Stunning and Chaos Hammer are underpowered?

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2009, 05:02:08 PM »
Brutal Stunning - I Think is is a bit weak. Maybe boost it by adding +2 to the save DC and 1 more use per day in addition.

Chaos Hammer - Yes it is under powered. Have it also remove the 1/2 damage to objects that all normal attacks have. that is what the warlocks hammer blast did.

Unearthly Beauty - It was overpowered before, but the 10 ft range is a good counter balance.

Hideous - Seems Fine, Maybe even underpowered but as I don't use intimidate or fear effects much I wouldn't know.

Yaoi boi/ Yuri gurl - seems more balanced and confusion is far better for fluff than the old effect

Celestial/Fiendish monk - Is fine but maybe add +CHA mod damage to outsiders of the opposite side of the Good-evil axis.

Extra Mutation - Needs some form of prerequisites or other limiting factor because mutations are better than feats. Right now this feat should be the only one on any chaos monk now focused on something mutations can't do (which isn't much).
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2009, 05:39:08 PM »
Is it just me or does Yaoiboy/Yuri Girl seem a bit better than Unearthly beauty, seeing as it appears to be the same only people who wouldn't like you get confused?  ???

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2009, 11:04:52 PM »
It also makes unearthly beauty charm monster instead of charm person.
Edit: rules as written unearthly beauty is target those that like you charm person. Yaoi boi/Yuri Gurl is confusion if they wouldn't like you, Charm monster if they would. This means either make save or be confused OR make save or be charm person'd and make save or be charm monster'd.
To fix after "spell instead" add "of charm person."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 11:09:44 PM by jojolagger »
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #211 on: December 20, 2009, 09:35:17 AM »
Feats revised, lemme know what you think

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2009, 08:08:01 PM »
I think the celestial monk should have sacred bonus not profane. Other than that copypasta and the lack of prerequisites on extra mutation it seems good.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2009, 09:00:36 AM »
Fixed Monk.  YOu idnt think the 3 times only limit was enough for extra mutation?

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2009, 05:01:11 PM »
I missed that bit. I swear it wasn't there last time I checked. Personally I'd either limit by 1 per X HD (maybe 1 + 1/5 HD) or by stats, (like font of inspiration, which is 1 feat per 1 point of Int bonus) probably CHA or WIS because I dislike the straight limiting of stuff as It would kill epic use and I find that by HD is a good way to limit as it is almost always equal to their level.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #215 on: January 05, 2010, 10:04:47 AM »
I changed the Extra mutation Feat, and added the 5th level ability to the Chaos Monk (apparently I'd forgotten it).

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2010, 09:13:26 AM »
The Drunken Bastard has been revised to be in line with the new class, and re fluffed a little.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2010, 10:47:33 AM »
Nekkid Mauler has been revised (fluff mostly)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #218 on: January 19, 2010, 08:21:20 AM »
Pierced Monk updated.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2010, 06:32:18 AM »
Giant Robot Kung FU, Fist of Bubnoff, and Zerth Whacker are updated