Author Topic: Chaos Monk Redux  (Read 73002 times)

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
Re: Chaos Monk Redux
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2009, 11:34:20 PM »
Also nobody thinks bhu is actually trying to insult or offend anyone and the BG forums are reasonably casual and polite unlike some other forums. For example on the Datarealms forum (forum for cortex command(incomplete but highly mod-able game)) Cooljoesmith posts the EAF and Rawtoast starts the flame war on page 5 including blaming it for alleged sexual content (see rawtoast's second post). On the BG forums bhu posted the Katgrrl's PRC with an obvious sexual theme and got praise. Notice the difference?
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2009, 06:55:51 AM »
Also nobody thinks bhu is actually trying to insult or offend anyone and the BG forums are reasonably casual and polite unlike some other forums. For example on the Datarealms forum (forum for cortex command(incomplete but highly mod-able game)) Cooljoesmith posts the EAF and Rawtoast starts the flame war on page 5 including blaming it for alleged sexual content (see rawtoast's second post). On the BG forums bhu posted the Katgrrl's PRC with an obvious sexual theme and got praise. Notice the difference?

I still so cannot believe they let me post that at Wizards and GitP too  :ninja

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2009, 10:04:30 AM »
Added the first three wrasslin' holds to teh Fat Chick and finished the fluff.  Think the holds are true enough to actual wrestling (well, except that last one anyway...)

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2009, 10:40:56 PM »
No I'm sure that's a real wrestling move.
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2009, 07:31:23 AM »
No I'm sure that's a real wrestling move.

Facesitting?  Wow wimmens wraslin' has gotten kinkier since I watched last...

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2009, 01:27:07 PM »
no jk
we really need a sarcasm font
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

blacklitelust

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2009, 05:19:24 PM »
I don't know if I read this right, but as I understand it, you can get Mutable Age at level 6? That seems a little overpowered. Sure there is the pre-exisiting Dragonwrought Kobold Cheese, but this opens the way for every race to do the same thing... You may wish to reword it or restrict the level that players would take this mutation.

As is, you are letting a level 6 character gain +3 to Wis, Int, and Cha. No penalties, no questions asked, and they can do it even if they had started by playing an avarage aged character...
I don't recall the part of Kamehameha where people launched redwoods at each other.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2009, 06:18:09 AM »
I don't know if I read this right, but as I understand it, you can get Mutable Age at level 6? That seems a little overpowered. Sure there is the pre-exisiting Dragonwrought Kobold Cheese, but this opens the way for every race to do the same thing... You may wish to reword it or restrict the level that players would take this mutation.

As is, you are letting a level 6 character gain +3 to Wis, Int, and Cha. No penalties, no questions asked, and they can do it even if they had started by playing an avarage aged character...

Read again.  Your stats don't change at all, just your apparent age.

blacklitelust

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2009, 08:22:18 PM »
That's fine, but it still doesn't stop them from playing an old or venerable character and obtaining that ability. I still consider it overpowered.
I don't recall the part of Kamehameha where people launched redwoods at each other.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2009, 08:45:08 PM »
That's fine, but it still doesn't stop them from playing an old or venerable character and obtaining that ability. I still consider it overpowered.

Add a clause in saying that previously obtained penalties still apply? Really, at best you're getting +1/+2 to your mental stat modifiers, and you took six levels in Chaos Monk for this as well as playing an old/venerable character. I'm not entirely sure why this is such a problem, since this class does require a pinch of MAD and this would seem to lessen it a bit.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2009, 07:42:13 AM »

If they're playing an old or venerable PC, they still have the physical stat penalties associated with being that age.  Yes this will remove those penalties when they get it, but who the hell is going to play an arthritic geezer for 6 levels just to say "AHA! I SUCK LESS NOW! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ow my back"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 07:52:18 AM by bhu »

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2009, 01:54:35 AM »
the broken thing is human chaos monk, 3 feats. two flaws, 2 feats. 2 copies of premature mutation for Narcissist's Boon, Mutable Gender, then 2 feats for Unearthly beauty and Yaoi Boi/Yuri Gurl. Everyone you meet must save or be charmed at 1st level with room for another mutation,or drop human for a better race, or if you sell you soul you can get 3 mutations.

P.S. should Yaio Boi/Yuri Gurl add to targets for unearthly beauty and make unearthly beauty charm monster instead of making the people who would not possibly be attracted to you normally affected more.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2009, 02:01:34 AM »

I still so cannot believe they let me post that at Wizards and GitP too  :ninja

Of course they let you post that. you are obviously a tenth level ZERTH WHACKER
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2009, 09:08:12 AM »
Oh man the mods at GitP would poop their own spleen if I posted the Zerth Whacker there...

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2009, 05:27:01 PM »
But their reaction might be worth. :devil
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »
I'm not sure they'd stop at pooping the spleen.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2009, 10:47:29 AM »
Looking at the Chaos Monk and having worked on PrC's for it. I'm finding some flaws in the design.  I may have to redo it, and then  rework the current PrC's a lil better.  Any objections to my fiddling with the Base Class?

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2009, 06:44:44 PM »
Not really.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2009, 07:46:14 AM »
How about this

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
1. +0    +2     +2     +2    Unarmed Strike, Chaos Feat, Unarmed Damage, AC Bonus, Monk
2. +1    +3     +3     +3    Chaos Feat
3. +2    +3     +3     +3    Disturbed Mind
4. +3    +4     +4     +4    Chaos Strike
5. +3    +4     +4     +4    Body in Flux
6. +4    +5     +5     +5    Chaos Feat
7. +5    +5     +5     +5    Mutation
8. +6    +6     +6     +6    Chaos Strike
9. +6    +6     +6     +6    A Moment of Unpredictability
10.+7    +7     +7     +7    Chaos Feat
11.+8    +7     +7     +7    Mutation
12.+9    +8     +8     +8    Chaos Strike
13.+9    +8     +8     +8    Babel Tongue
14.+10   +9     +9     +9    Chaos Feat
15.+11   +9     +9     +9    Mutation
16.+12   +10    +10    +10   Chaos Strike
17.+12   +10    +10    +10   Body of Chaos
18.+13   +11    +11    +11   Chaos Feat
19.+14   +11    +11    +11   Mutation
20.+15   +12    +12    +12   Disciple

I fold Body in FLux into mutations, and give them the above progression?  I'd still need to work out a few abilities.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:55:10 AM by bhu »

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2009, 08:26:23 PM »
I like it.  :)