Author Topic: Chaos Monk Redux  (Read 73099 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Chaos Monk Redux
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2009, 07:21:33 AM »
Frogboy is pretty much done except for class abilities and the example NPC. Partially edited in some more Feats on page 6.  Since they'll prolly be a lil different from he usual Heritage Feats I wanna think on some ideas before editing in the rest.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2009, 11:53:25 AM »
New Feat on page 6, working on Frogboys last abilities now.  Sorry the delay with the computer messing up kinda halted things for a bit.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2009, 04:03:59 PM »
Yaoi Boi/Yuri Gurl

Headdeask  :D :banghead

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2009, 08:54:41 PM »
Yaoi Boi/Yuri Gurl

hey the Chaos Monk is all about messing with other peoples heads...

and then beating them up

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2009, 03:44:27 PM »
Yaoi Boi/Yuri Gurl

hey the Chaos Monk is all about messing with other peoples heads...

and then beating them up

Point taken.  :lol

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2009, 10:15:30 AM »
Slaad Heritage Feats are done on page 6, and I added Crushing Innocence.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2009, 12:13:28 PM »
What be the DC of being innocent based off? 10+1/2 char level + cha?
And if Sanctuary is violated, how long does it take to return?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2009, 10:27:18 PM »
What be the DC of being innocent based off? 10+1/2 char level + cha?
And if Sanctuary is violated, how long does it take to return?
Yup.  Standard Save DC for all SU abilities.  Ill think of something for the duration.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2009, 09:29:26 AM »
Added two of the class abilities to Frogboy

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2009, 08:29:37 AM »
Frogboy is done with the exception of the example NPC.  If you like I will finish up and move on to the long awaited Ethnic Fat Chick Kung Fu..

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »

ETHNIC FAT CHICK KUNG FU

"Watch the fat ass remarks buddy, or you'll find this fat ass upside your skull!"

Chaos Monks are known for exploiting disruptive social situations for their own benefit, and few things are more disruptive than racism.   The more populous race tends to deride the minority races as fat and ugly, especially their women (many of whom are overweight because they dont have access to decent food).  Some of these large women are socially invisible, which make them excellent disguises.  The Chaos Monks play up to the dumb but goofy foreigner stereotypes, and enact their schemes right under societies upturned nose.  Some also do it because they take a perverse joy in crushing opponents with their ass.  People are weird.  

BECOMING A FAT CHICK

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Weight:  Must have Stout trait or the Mutable Size Mutation
   Race: Must come from a minority in the land you live in, or have the Mutable Race Mutation
   Skills:  Balance 8 ranks, Jump 6 ranks, Tumble 6 ranks
   Mutation:  Blubber
   Feats:  Earth's Embrace, Improved Grapple

Class Skills
 The Fat Chick's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (The Planes)(Int), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Body Scissors
2. +1    +0     +0     +3    The Art of Falling Down
3. +1    +1     +1     +3    'Scuse Me ^_^
4. +2    +1     +1     +4    Neck Scissors
5. +2    +1     +1     +4    The Art of Falling Down
6. +3    +2     +2     +5    'Scuse Me ^_^
7. +3    +2     +2     +5    Facesitting
8. +4    +2     +2     +6    The Art of Falling Down
9. +4    +3     +3     +6    'Scuse Me ^_^
10.+5    +3     +3     +7    The Twin Cheeks of Doom

Weapon Proficiencies: A Fat Chick gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Body Scissors (Ex): At first level the aspiring Fat Chick learns to use the dreaded Body Scissors hold.  Once she successfully Pins an opponent in a Grapple, she gains a +4 Circumstance Bonus to all further Grapple Checks until her victim manages to break the hold.  She also adds double her Strength Modifier to the damage she does when grappling.

The Art of Falling Down (Ex):  You have learned to gracefully fall down on opponents.  At Level 2, you do +1d6 damage to Prone opponents.  At Level 5 may disguise attacks made against Prone Opponents in a manner similar to her 'Scuse Me ability.  At level 8 you do +2d6 damage to prone opponents and Daze them for 1 round if you are willing to end the turn Prone yourself.  

'Scuse Me ^_^ (Ex): At level 3 the Fat Chick learns to disguise Bull Rush, Overrun, and Trip attacks as accidents to to her own 'clumsiness'.  If she wins an opposed Bluff vs Sense Motive Check she can make the attack seem like an accident.  

At 6th level she gains a +2 on the opposed Bluff check, as well as the aforementioned attacks.

At 9th level the Bonus raises to +4.

Neck Scissors (Ex): At 4th level the aspiring Fat Chick learns to use the dreaded Neck Scissors hold.  Once she successfully Pins an opponent in a Grapple, she gains a +4 Circumstance Bonus to all further Grapple Checks until her victim manages to break the hold.  Instead of her normal Grapple damage she does 1d4 temporary Strength damage.

Facesitting (Ex): At 7th level the aspiring Fat Chick learns to use the dreaded Facesitting Maneuver.  Once she successfully Pins an opponent in a Grapple, she gains a +4 Circumstance Bonus to all further Grapple Checks until her victim manages to break the hold.  The round after she pins her opponent he begins to suffocate (see page 304 of the DMG).

The Twin Cheeks of Doom (Ex): At 10th level you have learned to drop your buttocks onto the head of prone opponents at the perfect angle to crush their skull and/or sever their spinal cord.  When you're attacking a prone opponent he must make a Reflex Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Strength Modifier) or die.  If he succeeds, he takes normal attack damage.

PLAYING A FAT CHICK
 You're damn sick and tired of being considered inferior by men because you're a woman, inferior by the majority races because you aren't one of them, and inferior by the skinny women because you have a real body.  So you play up to the stereotypes they all hold in order to get them to believe you are harmless and of no concern, all the while plotting.  When they feel the Mighty Left Cheek of Shame, and the Mighty Right Cheek of Righteous Indignation flattening their skulls, oh how they will wish they were nicer to you.
 Combat: Fat Chicks tend to specialize in combat forms that use their huge size to it's best advantage.  In other words, grappling and wrestling.  Like many real life Sumo Wrestlers they are surprisingly dexterous  for their size.
 Advancement: Due to their tendencies to be involved in conspiracies. social rebellions, and various forms of sneakery many Fat Chicks take a few levels in Rogue or other socially advantageous class.
Resources: Due to their penchant for espionage, many Fat Chicks have an employer or benefactor of some sort, either a revolutionary group, or the military of an opposing country, or perhaps a racial or gender based group of some sort.  Either way, you're out to take someone down, and finding a benefactor will be o problem.

FAT CHICKS IN THE WORLD
" I LIKE...BIG BUTTS, AND I CANNOT LIE!!!"
 People tend to believe your stupid, or at least naive, and you play up to that.  Some also believe your a slut (or more rarely, virginal), and you play up to that as well.  You like to meet the expectations of the bigots you will one day destroy.  So long as they believe you're a dumb cow, no one pays attention to what you're doing.  MWUHAHA!!
 Daily Life: You usually spend the day at some menial task, like washer woman, or cook, or greased up pole dancer.  All a cover for your true activities.  At night you meet with the sisters to share what you have learned, practice ass whuppin', and decide your next move.
 Notables: Chachita CG Human Female (Chaos Monk 6/Fat Chick 6) is a young local woman working in a butchers shop by day, and as a hostess in a bar at night to make money for her family.  She's also secretly the leader of a local resistance cell.  Lets hope her Monk abilities conquer the human need for sleep shall we?
 Organizations: Most Fat Chicks belong to an organization of some sort, usually one up to no good (well depending on your point of view anyway).

NPC Reaction
 NPC reactions to you depend on their gender, ethnicity, and culture as usual.  You aren't seen as anyone special until you bust out the secret Kung-Fu skillz.   Till then your just that big booty latina woman down the road that is despised by the noblewomen because all of their husbands openly want you.

FAT CHICKS IN THE GAME
 This is possibly offensive to women, minorities, and well probably a good deal of other people.  Try not to use it as a way to jab at people.
 Adaptation: This could be used more easily in a silly campaign, but it also fits well in a serious campaign where an ethnic minority is struggling against oppression (or perhaps claims to be).
 Encounters: Fat Chicks are encountered in slums, and as servants or concubines in richer households in keeping with their cover identity.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: The PC's are enjoying themselves at their favorite titty bar when the guards bust in and let them know they're wanted for murder.  One of the dancing girls hops from the stage daintily crushing the captain of the guard with a flying cheek blow and tells them "Come with me if you want to live."  Now how can you refuse an offer like that?

Chachita
CG Human Female (Chaos Monk 6/Fat Chick 6)
Init +0, Senses: Listen +1, Spot +1
Languages Common
------------------------------------------------
AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 21 (+2 Wis, +6 Armor, +3 Deflection)
AC w/Belt 22, touch 16, flat-footed 22 (+3 Wis, +6 Armor, +3 Deflection)
hp 78 (12 HD)
Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +11  
Disturbed Mind
------------------------------------------------
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee Unarmed Strike +9/+4 (1d8+2, 1d10+2 w/Belt) or +1 Machete (1d8+3/19-20)
Base Atk +7, Grp +9
Atk Options Unarmed Strike, Chaos Strike (Magic), Body Scissors, Neck Scissors, 'Scuse Me +2
Combat Gear
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14
SQ AC Bonus, Body in Flux (+2)
Feats Earth's Embrace, Improved Bull Rush, Power Attack, Stunning Fist, Extra Mutation (Blubber)(B), Improved Grapple (B), Shocking Blow (B)
Skills Balance +8, Bluff +10, Concentration +10, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +10, Jump +8, Profession (Butcher) +5, Sense Motive +9, Tumble +6
Possessions Boots of Speed, Monk's Belt, +6 Bracers of Armor, +3 Earring of Protection, +1 Machete, 685 GP

EPIC FAT CHICKS

Hit Die: d8
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int
The Art of Falling Down At Level 22 and every 3 levels thereafter the Fat Chick does an additional +1d6 damage to prone opponents.
'Scuse Me ^_^ At level 23 and every 3 levels thereafter the Fat Chick gains an additional +2 to the opposed Bluff Check with this ability.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Fat Chick gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 06:34:18 AM by bhu »

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2009, 10:33:01 PM »
Heavens above you weren't kidding!  :o <faints>

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2009, 09:58:44 AM »
Minor update to the Fat CHick, edited the Blubber mutation onto page 1

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2009, 11:07:27 PM »
For Premature mutation does the text "(although you can take this twice at 1st level)" mean that the two times you would take the feat act as the chaos feat prerequisites for each other, that there is a limit of 2 copies of this feat at 1st level, or that the chaos monks bonus feat + 1st level feat + human bonus feat allows you to take it two times?
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2009, 05:32:57 AM »
I fixed the text, it should read easier now.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2009, 09:50:04 PM »
For Premature mutation does the text "(although you can take this twice at 1st level)" mean that the two times you would take the feat act as the chaos feat prerequisites for each other, that there is a limit of 2 copies of this feat at 1st level, or that the chaos monks bonus feat + 1st level feat + human bonus feat allows you to take it two times?
Told ya!  :p

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2009, 10:14:46 AM »
Pic and most of the fluff for the Fat Chick are now up.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »
I smell a flame war...  :scared

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2009, 06:34:07 AM »

If the Zerth Whacker didn't freak people out, this won't cause argument.  It is provocative yes.  But I don't think people will freak out too much.  Many of these were written to portray some of the Chaos Monks as offensive, or deliberately taking advantage of societies prejudices. 

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2009, 10:53:46 PM »

If the Zerth Whacker didn't freak people out, this won't cause argument.  It is provocative yes.  But I don't think people will freak out too much.  Many of these were written to portray some of the Chaos Monks as offensive, or deliberately taking advantage of societies prejudices. 
Point.