Author Topic: Chaos Monk Redux  (Read 72972 times)

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Chaos Monk Redux
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2009, 12:34:29 AM »
Moose rapist...      I don't know what to say. :blink

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2009, 12:42:29 AM »
Moose rapist...      I don't know what to say. :blink

My sense of humor is somewhat caustic when I'm under stress  :blush

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2009, 12:48:14 AM »
If by caustic you mean hilarious then I concur!  :lmao

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2009, 09:14:53 AM »
Okay Nekkid Mauler is almost done, and the Disturbing Feats have their description and requirements up.  If you think I'm out of line on some of them lemme know.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2009, 12:15:47 AM »
Is it wrong to think that a vow of nudity is BRILLIANT!

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2009, 09:27:27 AM »
The touchy part will be the benefits.  Vow of Nudity is sort of intended to be Chaos' Vow of Poverty.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2009, 09:56:15 AM »
Other than possible AC and defensive powers how much does the Vow of Nudity restrict you do you think?  I'm thinking of it giving you a luck bonus to ac and perhaps a Fascinate ability.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2009, 09:43:39 AM »
Okay I just have to do Crackin' Hold and the Nekkid Mauler is all but done.

Should I give it an Epic Level progression?  It's only a 5 level PrC...

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2009, 02:52:21 PM »
Other than possible AC and defensive powers how much does the Vow of Nudity restrict you do you think?  I'm thinking of it giving you a luck bonus to ac and perhaps a Fascinate ability.

I'd also add in energy resistance. Not much, but enough that you can walk around in the blizzards and volcanoes naked with absolutely no detriment.

Babel Speech is insanely powerful, especially for level 6 (the first you can take it at), and especially Touch of Chaos.

With a single action you can entirely cut off many of the feats and attack options and even spells of your opponent, not just for the combat, but permanently (there's no removal method given even, though at the least Wish should cover it). It's overpowered uses are literally endless, especially when you consider that it has no duration, no attack requirements, and can be used at will.

"We're being attacked by something sneaky; I'll permanently switch his ranks in Hide and in Profession(drag queen) with an at will standard action.."
"We're being attacked by a Paladin; I'll permanently switch his alignment with an at will standard action.."
"We're fighting a Dwarven Defender; I'll permanently turn him into an elf with an at will standard action."
"Oh, there's someone with 10 levels in a PrC based off of race/skill ranks/feat/feat with a stat prereq; I'll permanently make him lose the benefit of all those levels with an at will standard action."

Also, it's not specific enough and allows you to do things like "I'll put on this +6 item to make my Cha 24, then switch my Cha and Str, so I have 24 Str. Then I'll switch them back, so I have 24 Cha, +6 for the item to give me 30."

It's an interesting concept, but with no penalty, permanent duration, and no limitation on use or targeting, it's power is absurd.

Also, Reveal Secret is infinitely more useful than Blurred Communication, as Insanity is a permanent confusion affect (and a 7th level spell - granted at will at 6th level).

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2009, 09:45:10 AM »
I knew I'd forgotten to finish something.  Heck I haven't even done the unraveling part yet.

Peek now Im updating as we speak.

And thanks for jogging the ole memory Ejo.

It might not be finished before I go to bed, but it'll be tweaked a bit
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:52:55 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2009, 09:56:34 AM »
Okay I need to decide on the Vow of Nudity before finishing up the example NPC, but the Nekkid Mauler has a capstone now.  Also switched Babel Speech to a Disturbed Feat as opposed to a Chaos Feat, and added Chaos Feats.  And while you're waiting for me to get some time away from my job to think on it, lets start editing in the next one shall we (Im sure you can guess what its a parody of):

THE PIERCED MONK

"You think that one was painful looking wait'll you see the one I have in my taint."

Some Chaos Monks get into the class as a form of rebellion via bodily modification.  Many can't wait till they start to mutate so they turn to body piercing in the meantime to get their satisfaction by freaking the mundanes.

BECOMING A PIERCED MONK
All Pierced Monks pretty much begin as young, impatient, possibly stupid Chaos Monks who want to show they're different by joining a small subculture that stresses conformity to a set of rules just as much as mainstream society does.  The irony is lost on them till they mature a little.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Alignment:  Any Chaotic
   BAB:  +3
   Skills:  Profession (Piercer) 8 ranks
   Feats:  Endurance, Great Fortitude, Improved Toughness
   Special:  Must be willing to have some idiot with a piece of unsanitized metal shove it through your body somewhere uncomfortable.

Class Skills
 The Pierced Monk's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Local)(Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
1. +0    +2     +2     +2    Monk Abilities
2. +1    +3     +3     +3    Piercing
3. +2    +3     +3     +3    
4. +3    +4     +4     +4    Piercing
5. +3    +4     +4     +4    
6. +4    +5     +5     +5    Piercing
7. +5    +5     +5     +5    
8. +6    +6     +6     +6    Piercing
9. +6    +6     +6     +6    
10.+7    +7     +7     +7    Piercing

Weapon Proficiencies: Pierced Monks gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Monk Abilities: Your Pierced Monk and Chaos Monk levels stack for purposes of determining you Unarmed Damage, Unarmored AC Bonus and Mutation Abilities.

Piercing (Su): Pierced Monks gain their powers from various enchanted piercings fused with their body.  They're like actual body parts and can't be removed.  

Achilles Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast Slow on one opponent (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).

Anti-Eyebrow Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast See Invisibility (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).

Anti-Tragus Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast Know Vulnerabilities (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).

Ashley Piercing: Once per day you may add an Enhancement Bonus equal to your Constitution Modifier to any Charisma Based Skill for one round per Pierced Monk level.

Bridge Piercing: Once per day you may add an Enhancement Bonus equal to your Constitution Modifier to any Wisdom Based Skill for one round per Pierced Monk level.

Cheek Piercing: Once per day per piercing you possess you may get a +2 Competence Bonus on any roll (you must announce you are using this ability before making the roll).

Chin Piercing: You get DR x/-, where x equals the number of piercings you have.

Clavicle Piercing: You gain a Deflection Bonus to Armor Class equal to the amount of Piercings you have.

Cleavage Piercing: You gain a Bonus to Fortitude Saves equal to the number of Piercings you have.

Corset Piercing: You may cast Forcecage once per day per Piercing you possess (you must be at least a 7th level Pierced Monk to take this Piercing).

Daith: Once per day you may add an Enhancement Bonus equal to your Constitution Modifier to any Intelligence Based Skill for one round per Pierced Monk level.

Ear Cartilage Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast Freedom of Movement (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).

Earlobe Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast Detect Thoughts (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).

Eyebrow Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast Clairvoyance/Clairaudience (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).

Eyelid Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast Arcane Sight (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).

Genital Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast Wrack on one opponent (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).

Knuckle Piercing: Your unarmed strikes do x3 damage on a successful critical.

Lip Piercing: A character with this piercing is immune to any spell that would determine his alignment or reveal whether or not he was telling the truth.  He gains a +10 Insight Bonus on Bluff Checks.

Madison Piercing: Once per day you may add an Enhancement Bonus equal to your Constitution Modifier to any Constitution Based Skill or Fortitude Save against environmental exposure or drowning/suffocation for one round per Pierced Monk level.

Madonna Piercing: You gain Spell Resistance equal to your Class Level +15 (must be 8th level Pierced Monk to take this piercing).

Nape Piercing: Your Natural Armor Class Bonus increases by an amount equal to the amount of piercings you have.

Navel Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast Mass Suggestion (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).

Nipple Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast Charm Monster on one opponent (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).

Nostril Piercing: You are no longer required to breathe.

Septum Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast Tenser's Transformation (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).  You must be 8th level to have this piercing.

Sternum Piercing: Once per day you may negate all damage done by any one attack, spell, or ability (or from one accident such as falling off a cliff).

Tongue Piercing: Once per day you may increase one ability score an amount equal to your Charisma Modifier for 1 round per Pierced Monk Level.

Tragus Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast Critical Strike (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).

Uvula Piercing: Once per day per piercing you have you may cast Silence on one opponent (Caster level is equal to Hit Dice).

Wrist Piercing: This Piercing may only be taken if you have the Stunning Fist Feat.  You may expend a daily use of your Stunning Fist Feat to deal extra damage on any attack you make equal to your Pierced Monk level for one round.

PLAYING A PIERCED MONK
 Standing out is good.  being different is good, because being different means you haven't sold out like the others have. You ain't no conformist.  You ain't no freak neither cause all your friends look just like you...
 Combat: Combat technique varies depending on the exact piercings the Monk has.  
 Advancement: Pierced Monks main goal is to usually get more piercings, and thus accumulate abilities that they believe will make them somehow unique (despite any other Chaos Monk being able to get the same set as well).
Resources: Pierced Monks generally have a few close friends they can rely on, and that's it.  You'll have to be resourceful yourself, because there's not many other people you can count on.

PIERCED MONKS IN THE WORLD
"Why don't you go back under whatever rock you were hiding under?"
 You generally interact with the world violently.  They assume your many piercings mean you're a freak they can feel free to belittle and attack.  Boy are they in for a surprise.  You aren't some feral savage who just crawled out of the woods, you don't feel the need to live up to their expectations, and you damn sure aren't in the mood for their bullshit.
 Daily Life: You spend a lot of time scaring the bejeezus out of people, being chased by the law for no reason, and thinking up what to do to yourself next.
 Notables: Tiberius Frawg (CN Male Human Chaos Monk 6/Pierced Monk 6) is a local piercing/tattoo artist.  And a secret Chaos Monk.  Medusa (CE Female Drow Chaos Monk 6/Pierced Monk) is that freaky black skinned chick setting across from you looking like you're lunch.  Run you fool.
 Organizations: Since they get crapped on by "regular" society, organizations are common for Pierced Monks.  It lets them relax among their own people, trade ideas, etc.  Think of it less as a sinister cult and more of a club with benefits.

NPC Reaction
 NPC reaction can be summed up as "HOLY FUCK!!! I...I mean hi...I mean you're not from here are you freak boy...I mean guy...I mean HOLY FUCK lookit them things in his face!"

Yeah it's not exactly subtle when you walk into town.

PIERCED MONKS IN THE GAME
 This PrC will tend to get you stared at.  And in many societies will get you treated like a pariah.  Let the player know what he may be in for before he takes it.
 Adaptation: This is most likely for silly campaigns, but it has some possibilities in more serious ones.  Especially since it looks so painful.
 Encounters: Pierced Monks can often be found in tattoo parlors, piercing shops, and various other places where they fit in.  Which isn't very many.  medieval society being a bit twitchy about non conformity pretty much limits their options to hanging out with their fellow enthusiasts.  or other adventurers who have quirks of their own.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: Your good friend Bizmol decides he needs to get a piercing to impress this weird Drow chick he met in a bar, so you track down this weirdo named Tiberius Frawg.  Who immediately regales you with the sickening possibilities of what your good friend Bizmol can do to himself, and what it will cost you.  Whiskey and Drow women are off limits to Bizmol if he makes it through this you swear.

Tiberius Frawg
CN Male Human Chaos Monk 6/Pierced Monk 6
Init +5, Senses: Listen +4, Spot +4
Languages Common
------------------------------------------------
AC 26, touch 17, flat-footed 25 (+1 Dex, +2 Wis, +4 Deflection, +6 Armor, +3 Natural)
hp 78 (12 HD)
Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +12  
Disturbed Mind
------------------------------------------------
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee Unarmed Strike +8/+3 (2d8/x3)
Base Atk +8, Grp +8
Atk Options Chaos Strike (Magic), Unarmed Strike
Combat Gear
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 10, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 16
SQ Body in Flux (+3), Unarmored AC Bonus, Piercings (Knuckle, Sternum, Wrist)
Feats Endurance, Diehard, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Improved Toughness, Stunning Fist, Burrowing Touch (B), Ghost Strike (B), Touch of the Abyss (B)
Skills Bluff +11, Craft (metallurgy) +4, Hide +3, Intimidate +11, Knowledge (Local) +4, Listen +4, Move Silently +3, Profession (Piercer) +10, Sense Motive +8, Spot +4, Use Magic Device +11
Possessions +4 Ring of Protection, +6 Bracers of Armor, +3 Amulet of Natural Armor,

EPIC PIERCED MONK

Hit Die: d8
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int
Piercing At level 22 and every even level thereafter the Pierced Monk gets a new piercing.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Pierced Monk gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 08:20:49 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2009, 09:29:35 AM »
I got some of the fluff up fro the Pierced Monk.  I'm having to meet a deadline this week for my online job so I'll have the Feats edited in soon as I can.  Friggin' delays...

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2009, 09:56:39 AM »
Dare I ask if anyone here is into piercing and there's something I forgot on the piercing list for the monk?

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2009, 11:58:20 AM »
Here is the most comprehensive piercing list you're going to find.

Not sure how many of those you're actually going to want to add.   :P
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2009, 07:49:23 AM »
man I really shouldn't have looked at the pictures  :twitch

Thanks man.  I finished up the Epic Chaos Monk, and all the fluff for the Pierced Monk.  Now I just have to decide what the piercings do.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2009, 09:25:28 PM »
one piering should have grapple damage, so it's a real piercing.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2009, 07:11:04 AM »
All the Disturbed Feats have had their abilities edited in, and Babel Speech has been modified and moved to teh Disturbed Feats.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2009, 08:50:15 AM »
i added in the majority of the piercings.  lemme know what you think.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2009, 01:12:46 PM »
Achilles and Uvula piercings have the same ability.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2009, 09:35:27 AM »
Fixed that.  I just have to do the 5 ear piercings and finish the example NPC, and I'll be doing my first PrC that isn't a parody of an already existing one: Giant Robot Kung Fu.