Author Topic: Increase signature size?  (Read 3177 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Increase signature size?
« on: January 23, 2009, 11:11:11 AM »
Can we get an increase please? It's tricky to fit multiple links into one sig. Bulkiness isn't a problem with spoiler tags.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Increase signature size?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 11:29:28 AM »
Eh, just do what I did: maintain a sig thread.  You sig is now the size of a thread.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:54:51 AM »
I do miss the larger sig size from Gleemax, although dman does have an interesting work-around...
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »
Except that a sig like that doesn't draw interest... and GitP is currently down.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 06:58:48 PM »
But, it is a work around for small sig sizes.  And since I'm gonna have a need for a TON of links for stuff I like/made, I don't even have enough room in Gleemax.  You can't honestly expect a sig large enough to put a thread's worth of stuff in it.  Or even a post.  Or half a post.  That reminds me....I need a link to the arena in my sig.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 08:53:13 PM »
I'll get Meg to peek in here and see what she thinks of a size increase (She's the only one that can make that change).

Also, would it be handy to have a place here on the BG boards to maintain a sig thread like dman's? It is an interesting work around...
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 09:30:07 PM »
Well, it certainly could work.  I guess I don't know where I'd put something like that.

I'd probably post mine in D&D Deliberations or Houserules (depending on what I added), or Off Topic Fun if my sig were like the one I have at Gleemax (a bunch of funny quotes in an sblock).

Are you thinking of actully creating a board or subboard just for sigs?
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 09:33:39 PM »
Well, it certainly could work.  I guess I don't know where I'd put something like that.

I'd probably post mine in D&D Deliberations or Houserules (depending on what I added), or Off Topic Fun if my sig were like the one I have at Gleemax (a bunch of funny quotes in an sblock).

Are you thinking of actully creating a board or subboard just for sigs?
Put it in the playground?
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 10:06:50 PM »
That could work too.

I guess we might want a consolidated place for this if quite a few people end up utilizing it.  If it's just a few poeple here and there, it probably doesn't matter.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 10:51:32 PM »
I really hadn't thought as far as where those threads would go...just seeing if there would be interest. A board (Plugs might work) or sub-board would probably work best. I don't even know if it would have to be more than just one thread...can you link to a specific post? I think so...
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 10:59:55 PM »
I really hadn't thought as far as where those threads would go...just seeing if there would be interest. A board (Plugs might work) or sub-board would probably work best. I don't even know if it would have to be more than just one thread...can you link to a specific post? I think so...
Ya you can link to a specific post. One thread in Plugs could work, with instructions on how to link? The post limit is plenty.
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 12:34:35 AM »
I increased the limit- I think I had increased it before but when the boards exploded it may have reset.

I'm all for a thread to keep sig stuff that you link to-- I say put it in the Meta Board- and just keep 1 post each and change that post instead of making a new post.  If anyone is interested in it, go ahead and start it!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 09:19:38 AM »
Personally, I don't think I'll use a separate thread.

Really, I'll I'm looking for in a sig is to link my current project (which I've already done), and maybe to put a bunch of funny quotes in a spoiler block like I did at Gleemax.  It looks like you gave up 1,500 characters now, which is probably enough for anything I would use in a sig.

Thanks.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]