Author Topic: Warforged.. Artillery?  (Read 2391 times)

Phaxi

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Warforged.. Artillery?
« on: January 21, 2009, 05:06:41 AM »
I've been toying around with the idea of a warforged with an artillery-like weapon attached, preferable operated by another party member. I havent really found anything that would emulate this though, any suggestions?

So what I'm looking for is a weapon too big to handle single-handed (perhaps some kind of ballista-weapon), but small enough to fit on a warforged. A spell, power or similar thing to emulate this could also work.

Any help would be great!

We sit together, the mountain and I, until only the mountain remains.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Warforged.. Artillery?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 08:50:36 AM »
Sovereign-glue a ballista to a warforged with a high Str score?

If there's any way for the warforged to know psionic powers without being able to manifest them, a psion could use them by touching him.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 10:31:21 AM »
Sovereign-glue a ballista to a warforged with a high Str score?

If there's any way for the warforged to know psionic powers without being able to manifest them, a psion could use them by touching him.
He could be a psion and then have another psion fire his cannon power, while he shoots another. Or you could make a custom warforged component Staff/Wand slot.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »
Why not just use a Golem?  Better yet, design a new "artillery golem"!
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 02:35:07 PM »
Give him the half-dragon template and a metabreath feat, his breath weapon is an artillery gun with limited ammo.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Phaxi

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 03:45:22 PM »
Thanks for all good suggestions, I dont think I'm allowed to play a normal golem thou :/

can all psions do that or are you talking about some power? Sounds like something i must've overlooked :P
We sit together, the mountain and I, until only the mountain remains.

Shoggoth

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 04:49:22 PM »
When I read the subject of this post I immediately thought you wanted to us Warforged AS artillery.  Like, firing a Warforged character out of a cannon or catapult to assault the enemy behind it's fortifications.

That would be awesome.  Talk about splitting up the party!
Still came that eldritch, mocking cry - "Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!" and at last we remembered that the demoniac Shoggoths...had no voice save the imitated accents of their bygone masters.