Author Topic: DM handing out EXP  (Read 1185 times)

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
DM handing out EXP
« on: November 07, 2009, 05:14:57 AM »
Hi all the DMs out there.  I wish to ask a question on exp giving. A little back story, I am in a game that is played one day a week.  I am the tank of the group and we are running the Sunless Citudal module.  I admit I have had to leave early a few times for various reasons but the group makes it along fine.  What concerns me is that after the latest session we all find out the DM read the exp rules wrong from the 3.0 DMG. We have been getting less exp per encounter then what the DMG suggests.  Now I know Rule 0 can be used to determine exp.  But when i brought up the exp in the last session he said he would not go and recalculate the exp that was earned.  as much as it bugs me I am fine with that.  A friend suggested i ask the DM for compensation in the way or a magic item.  What I would like to know is am I approaching this wrong or should I keep at wanting the exp re done by the way we just did it via the DMG or just not worry about it.  Ty all.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
Re: DM handing out EXP
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 11:02:38 AM »
if the DM just made an honest mistake and plans on fixing the situation, then I would probably content with him just giving the correct amount from this point forward.

Have you had fun?  Is the game good? Is your gaming group good company?  What if nobody ever noticed (or voiced) the discrepancy?
The point I'm getting at is that it really isn't that big a deal (in the greater scope of things).

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 02:48:52 PM »
The amount of experience points is pretty irrelevant.  He might be calculating the points that way on purpose.

I'd say that unless slower advancement bothers you, to ride it out. 

Oh, and in the eyes of most DMs:  Wealth and character level are linked.  HYaving too much treasure for your level is a huge deal, asking him to give you more treasure in exchange for less xp is like asking him to let you kick him in the sack. 
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 06:52:06 PM »
The amount of experience points is pretty irrelevant.  He might be calculating the points that way on purpose.

I'd say that unless slower advancement bothers you, to ride it out. 

Oh, and in the eyes of most DMs:  Wealth and character level are linked.  HYaving too much treasure for your level is a huge deal, asking him to give you more treasure in exchange for less xp is like asking him to let you kick him in the sack. 
... with steel-toe cowboy boots.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.