Author Topic: Character prep  (Read 11633 times)

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
Re: Character prep
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 07:57:04 AM »
Finally found a character idea that I'm happy with.  Going with a hunter type, maybe Canine Moreau.  Can I take the Tracer AdC?

I basically made a werewolf-looking guy who probably would have an easier time posing as one of the character's dog than trying to pass off as human.  That being said, Dog can track down just about anything that ain't flying.

I had an idea for how the characters meet up.  Dog could work in C24's "acquisitions" department, and was the one who first contacted David and Charon.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 11:21:24 AM by j0lt »
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
Re: Character Sheets
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 09:50:05 AM »
extra post...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 07:25:16 AM by j0lt »
PbP Games

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 12:35:26 AM »
awesome.  I did notice one thing though.  Dog seems to have multiattack, but does not qualify for the feat as far as I can tell. The prerequisite is 3 or more arms.  Other than that, everything seems hunky dory.

The prerequisite is 3 or more natural weapons, not arms.  He has 2 claws (one on each arm), and a bite.
PbP Games

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 02:19:25 AM »
Would it be okay to modify the text of the Blood Hunger drawback for my character to be raw meat instead of blood?  The effects would remain the same.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:02:45 AM by j0lt »
PbP Games

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 06:42:42 AM »
What kind of gear do you recommend aside from basic weapons, etc..?
PbP Games

Bell

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 12:59:50 PM »
C24 will provide you with a car, but any technology type stuff that you think would be useful.  Cameras, Computers, tools, all that stuff might be handy to have.  I would say just go through the equipment section and pick anything you think is useful or interesting.  You have plenty of Wealth to do it with.

And about changing blood hunger, I'm cool with changing the text, but I feel like raw meat is too easy to get, so if you can come up with something else, then totally. 

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 01:01:42 PM »
Hey Bell, could you clean out the extra posts in here, most of the discussion is duplicated in the character prep area anyways...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 07:31:53 AM by j0lt »
PbP Games

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 03:02:00 AM »
Languages that would be good to know (since nanshork asked):  English (Duh), probably Spanish, Chinese, really any major languages.  Basically, if you want to spend skill points on other languages, then you'll get to use them.  If you don't, you may find that English has suddenly become much more prevalent around the world. If you want to decide on a language that you all know, but that most people would not so that you can talk secretly right in front of people, I think that's a great idea.

Also, I'm going to start this on Monday, since I will be gone this weekend, so check the game thread then. (I would start sooner, but I don't want to be gone right after we start.)

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 03:35:39 AM »
Just so we get this organized amongst ourselves, who is focusing on what in and out of combat?

Dog is a tracker, and his listen skill is high enough that he should be able to hear an ambush before it happens.  I'm still debating with myself what type of weapons he'll favour, but since Charon seems to have two of every major pistol known to man, I think I may go either SMG/burst firing, or melee.
PbP Games

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 03:45:30 AM »
j0lt, you're going to hate me, but I was looking at your character sheet to see if I had any thoughts for you, and noticed you had Neutrad dependency as worth 6 MP.  It's only worth 5 MP.  sorry.  If you want to come up with another drawback, or some sort of custom drawback,  I would be willing cool with that.  As an alternative, Neutrad dependency's time limit could be shortened, or it's penalties could be increased.

If you want to make a custom drawback, I would say aim for 2 MP so you can get your claws back.

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 03:48:06 AM »
j0lt, you're going to hate me, but I was looking at your character sheet to see if I had any thoughts for you, and noticed you had Neutrad dependency as worth 6 MP.  It's only worth 5 MP.  sorry.  If you want to come up with another drawback, or some sort of custom drawback,  I would be willing cool with that.  As an alternative, Neutrad dependency's time limit could be shortened, or it's penalties could be increased.

If you want to make a custom drawback, I would say aim for 2 MP so you can get your claws back.

I noticed that the MSRD says that too, but in the book it's 6.  If you want to go with the 5 that's cool though.  Actually, I had a thought about the Blood Hunger.  Instead of blood, how about a live animal (tiny or larger) every 24 hours?
PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 11:04:37 AM »
Starting on Monday?  I'll have my character finished by then. 

As for my focus, I'm party face as well as a 'party-leader' type character, and will have abilities that help others.  Think of me as a sort of bard.  :P
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 01:05:09 PM »
If you say the book says 6, i trust you.  as for blood hunger, that's definitely more reasonable. one live animal per day it is.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 08:18:58 PM »
As my character has a military background, what rank did I achieve before being acquired by C24?
Notes to self

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »
I have some choices for you.
you can choose either Commissioned or Non-Commissioned Officer. 
For NCOs:
 If you were in the Army, your rank would be Sergeant First Class.
Air Force, Master Sergeant
Marine Corps, Gunnery Sergeant
Navy, Chief Petty Officer

For Commissioned Officers:
If you were in the Army, Air Force, or Marines, your rank would be Colonel
If you were in the Navy, your rank would be Captain.

Commissioned Officers are considerably higher up the chain of command than NCOs, so those are much higher ranks, but you can choose either one.

In C24 though, you are all Special Agents.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 10:54:13 PM »
Well I would definitely have been commissioned, I'm not a grunt by any means.  And I'm army, I know that much.  So I was a colonel.  Got it. 

I ask because I wanted to know what to label my parade uniform.  :P
Notes to self

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 12:55:40 AM »
What? you made me look up military ranks and learn about pay grades so I would know who was higher than who and what rank would be appropriate, just so you could know what you dress uniform should be called on your character sheet?! 
 :banghead :banghead :banghead
[spoiler]I'm just kidding. It took like 12 seconds to find a list.[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 01:27:21 AM »
Don't scare me like that.  :P

Oh, and I'm getting a gun out of the D20 Modern Weapons Locker.
Baretta M9, 9mm ammo, 2d6 damage, crit on 20, 40' range, magazine box of 15, purchase DC 17, licensed.

It's a gun used by the military.  :D
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »
You guys still cool with this post?:

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2912.msg100991#msg100991

I might have some spare time tomorrow to finish up a character sheet.

Assuming it's okay with you guys, what roles still need to be filled in the party?

~Bowen
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 03:23:51 PM »
Well we have a face/leader type (me), and an assassiny sneaky guy (emissary), and an outdoorsy tracker type (jolt).

In D&D terms: bard, rogue, ranger.   :P

We don't have a true melee combatant, though emissary can do that and maybe jolt.  Also don't have any psionics, though not sure if you want to go that route.  Other than that, not sure what we need.  Just don't play a charismatic leader type of character and I'll be happy.  :P

Notes to self