Author Topic: Modern-Day Monsters Game Thread  (Read 22763 times)

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
Re: Modern-Day Monsters Game Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 27, 2009, 12:54:01 AM »
Charon seems distracted by the gate shutting off.

[spoiler]
Spot = 7
Listen = 8

[/spoiler]
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Bell

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #241 on: May 28, 2009, 07:01:28 PM »
Dog gets a whiff of something strange, and hears a chittering noise behind him. He whips his head around just in time to see a small figure dart behind a massive tree, and then another and another, small shapes moving back and forth in the forest at the edge of the clearing, attempting to surround them. Dean sees one as well, up in a tree on a low hanging branch. They seem humanoid in shape, but only stand about 3 feet tall, and seem to walk unlike any human you've ever seen.

[spoiler]Dean and Dog get a surprise round. Dog can see three of the creatures hiding behind ferns, and the one in the tree.  Dean sees only the one in the tree. the one in the tree is about 20 feet away and ten feet up, and the other three are all about 40 feet away from Dog, attempting to surround the party.

You may take your turn in a round whenever you can post, but please don't post another action until everyone has posted their action.[/spoiler]

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2009, 12:35:59 AM »
Dog growls as his hackles go up, making him look even scarier than normal.

[spoiler]
move action = move directly towards the ones on the ground on all fours, barking like crazy
[/spoiler]
PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2009, 01:28:11 PM »
[spoiler]Not to be annoying, but shouldn't I be able to pick up all of the pigmees/goblins/mutated capibaras within 60ft. thanks to my Blindsight mutation? :)[/spoiler]

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: June 10, 2009, 02:59:26 PM »
[spoiler]Bump...[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #245 on: June 17, 2009, 09:27:28 PM »
[spoiler]Dean can in fact sense all of the creatures.  There are twelve of them all together. In addition to the four Dog can see, there are three more in trees surrounding the party, all about 40 feet away, and five more attempting to surround you on the ground.[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2009, 06:09:01 AM »
"Guys, we're being surrounded here...

I sense twelve of them in total."
Dean says as he points out their positions to his fellow party members, hoping that will aid them in catching at least a glimpse of the creatures.

[spoiler]Do they look hostile (as in, stabbitydeath wanna kill us), Bell?[/spoiler]

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #247 on: July 04, 2009, 12:47:18 AM »
As Dog begins to charge them, a spear flies out of the hand of one of the creatures. As soon as the others see the spear, two more spears are thrown. In addition to the spears, two bolts of energy are shot from rifles carried by some of the creatures.   Two of the spears fly at Dog, and one at Charon. Dog ducks under one, but the second catches him square in the left forearm,tearing a nasty-looking, but superficial slash in his arm. Charon is drilled directly in the right shoulder, and the spear remains sticking out of his body Both energy bolts are aimed at Dean. Luckily for him, the reptillians aims are off, and one misses completely, the other only grazing the side of his head, burning his right ear clean off.

As the attacking creatures step forward, you see that they are short, lizard-like humanoids with a long tail and long thin limbs, and they are wearing a strange assortment of animal skins and what appears to be metal armor pieces.

Damage:[spoiler]
Dog - 1
Charon - 3
Dean - 2
[/spoiler]

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #248 on: July 04, 2009, 02:56:03 AM »
[spoiler]Dog has DR 1/-  :smirk
Initiative (including action point) = 14[/spoiler]
PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2009, 06:05:16 AM »
[spoiler]Initiative: 15[/spoiler]

"Sonuvabitch!" Dean yells out as one of the beams takes of part of his ear.

He then lets loose a spray of automatic fire on the creatures attacking him and his comrades.

[spoiler]Think we can get a basic map up, Bell? I'll get back with the attack and damage rolls after your response.[/spoiler]