Author Topic: Modern-Day Monsters Game Thread  (Read 22634 times)

Bell

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • The Goddamn Batman
Re: Modern-Day Monsters Game Thread
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 10:49:30 PM »
"If you have no more questions, then I'll leave the four of you.  My wife was not happy that I didn't come home last night. There's a helicopter waiting for you on the roof to take you to the plane. Good luck men, we'll see you when you get back."  With that, the Director turns on the lights, turns the projector off, and walks out of the room.  As he reaches the door, he stops.  "The helicopter is waiting, so if you would head up to the roof..." He nods to the ceiling.

You walk to the elevators, and take it to the top floor, where you get out, and take the stairs to the roof.  Even before you step outside, you can hear the powerful rotors turning.  The four of you get inside, and strap yourselves in.  After a short 10 minute flight, you touch down near a small plane.  You get out of the helicopter, and climb the steps into the plane.  The inside is extremely high class.  There are two couches, a table with booth seats, and a small refrigerator.  On the table are four identical manila envelopes with TOP SECRET: EYES ONLY stamped on them.

Once the four of you are in, you hear the engines roar to life, and feel the plane begin to move.  After a short taxi, the plane takes off, and you are on your way to Nevada.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 10:51:36 PM »
I hope we get to kill something when we touchdown. Charon says, scanning the contents of his envelope.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 12:18:25 AM »
Looking at the maps, Dog smiles his toothy smile. "Assuming the towers are manned when we arrive, we may be able to sneak in along the base of the cliff from the East.  Charon and I on recon as usual, Dave?"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 03:09:29 AM »
David mentally grumbles about being called Dave again, but keeps it to himself.  As he reads his dossier, he says "Yes, we need as much information as we can get to make the best plan.  Charon, I'm quite sure that you'll get to kill something.  I'm sure we all will."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 04:31:02 AM »
"Should we assume that the guards have been compromised?  I doubt that whatever caused the communications blackout would have left the existing defenses intact."  Dog cocks his head to one side, deep in thought.  "We really don't have anything to go on until we arrive on site.  Been a while since we went in cold like this..."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 04:45:20 AM by j0lt »
PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 08:25:01 AM »
I silenced my DE's! And this is 1729, not 9387, so C4 will not be necessary. Charon says as he walks toward the door.
OOC: Sorry 'bout that, didn't realise DE's could be fit with suppressors  :blush
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:32:15 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 08:31:38 AM »
"Should we assume that the guards have been compromised?  I doubt that whatever caused the communications blackout would have left the existing defenses intact."  Dog cocks his head to one side, deep in thought.  "We really don't have anything to go on until we arrive on site.  Been a while since we went in cold like this..."
"I don't like it anymore than you do." Dean says while he's loading and readying his equipment, things scattered all over the tafle, his dossier folded open so he can glance over it while preparing.
"Going in from the east sounds like a plan. About the guards being compromised, I think that wouldn't be an unreasonable thought, although they could also be in on it. I like to consider all possibilities...

As for recon, would you like me to go with you for an extra set of senses (OOC: note, 'senses', not 'eyes' :P), or should I stay back to keep a decent overview of the facility and provide possible cover fire?"
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2009, 01:13:40 PM »
David nods.  "I would assume that the guards are compromised until shown otherwise."

[spoiler]
Did anyone besides me bring a walkie-talkie?
[/spoiler]
Notes to self

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 01:21:42 PM »
Supporting fire would be best. Dog and I will take out the guards silently, but if we're in trouble I expect to see some support. Charon grunts. He pulls out a can of steak juice and chugs it down. David, your our backup. You stay with Dean until we call. What channel are we using? Charon pulls out his radio
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2009, 01:51:32 PM »
[spoiler]I brough a Walkie-Talkie :)[/spoiler]

"Very well, I'll stay back then. A distance no greater than 120 ft. would be most optimal due to firing range."

« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 02:01:57 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 02:11:58 PM »
"Yeah, that should work...  And with our approach from the East, we'll only have to worry about two towers en route to the building.  Dean, once we've taken care of the first tower, you should see if you can get up in there for a superior firing position."  Dog's tongue hangs out the side of his mouth as he grins in anticipation of the infiltration.
PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2009, 02:18:15 PM »
"Looking forward to this, aren't you, Dog? It's been a while I guess." Dean smiles.
"I'll get up in the tower as soon as it's empty."

OOC:
[spoiler]Do the rest of you guys have a way to see in the dark, either Darkvision, Blindsight or Night Vision Goggles? It's still night when we arrive, right? Also, if you guys have got the seeing in darkness bit covered as well, it might be an idea to see if we can cut the power so they'll be without a lightsource inside, apart from what they've brought themself ofcourse...[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 02:43:01 PM »
David nods, pulling out his walkie-talkie and connecting the headset to it.  "Channel 52.  Keep me updated with what's going on so I can best figure out the situation and adapt the plan.  Other than that, I trust you guys to do what you do best."

[spoiler]
You guys better have advanced Walkie-talkies.  :P  Remember, I can give all kinds of bonuses due to class abilities.
I have low-light vision.

Bell, would rolling a knowledge:tactics check be helpful?
[/spoiler]
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 02:56:09 PM »
[spoiler]We're basically Special Ops, ofcourse I've got an advance walkie talkie :P

Would it be okay for me to bring along extra NVG's for the rest of the team, Bell? Especially for those who don't have Darkvision or Blindsight.[/spoiler]

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 03:41:41 PM »
As you're planning, you hit some minor turbulence, but it quickly subsides.  "Sorry about that boys," comes the pilots voice over the intercom.  "We just hit a pretty heavy cloud bank. By the way, we're about 40 minutes out from Rodson Air Force Base, just to keep you aware. "

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 12:19:30 AM »
Dog and I are Jackal team, you two are Raven team.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 06:54:03 AM »
"Raven, got it. David will be Raven 1, I'll be Raven 2." Dean says as he sets his walkie-talkie to channel 52.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2009, 11:49:04 AM »
David nods, waiting for the plane to land.
Notes to self

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2009, 12:05:42 PM »
As you finish your plans, the pilot's voice comes over the loudspeaker. "We'll be landing in a few minutes please take you seats and fasten your seat belts."  the plane lands, and the pilot taxis to the end of the runway.  The plane stops, and you get out.  A short man in uniform is waiting for you outside the plane.  When he sees you, he looks shocked and terrified to see a giant four-armed man and a werewolf in the company of two relatively normal looking men. He quickly regains his composure and stammers, "W-w-welcome to Rodson Air Force Base. I'm Staff Sergeant Michael Nicholas.  If you'll come with me sirs, you car is waiting for you with all the gear you have requested."  He about faces, and marches off, surprisingly swift for such a short man.

As you follow him, you hear thunder booming and crackling out in the desert.  He leads you to an armored Humvee, and hands David a set of keys. "She's got a full tank of gas and she's ready to go.  I don't know what you guys are doing, but good luck with it. All your gear is in the back, just like we were instructed by your director."

Sergeant Nicholas turns and leaves you alone, clearly eager to put as much difference between the monsters he was ordered to help.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2009, 12:12:52 PM »
"Time to rock and roll" Dean grins.