Author Topic: [3.5] Rewrite Compilation  (Read 42788 times)

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
Re: [3.5] Rewrite Compilation
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »
Major update, with some GitP stuff even.

Also, posting in a sticky. :D

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2009, 02:08:26 PM »
Can I get "3.5 Class Fixes, Warlock (with Eldritch Blade feat)" listed as a Soulknife fix?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2009, 08:21:24 PM »
Can I get "3.5 Class Fixes, Warlock (with Eldritch Blade feat)" listed as a Soulknife fix?

Is it meant to replace the Soulknife?
Well, take a look at it (especially the feats). It can do everything the soulknife does and more (the only things it lacks are a good Ref save and Wild Talent as a bonus feat).
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2009, 08:26:48 PM »
Well, take a look at it (especially the feats). It can do everything the soulknife does and more (the only things it lacks are a good Ref save and Wild Talent as a bonus feat).

Ah. Hokay. Added.

Jane_Smith

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2009, 03:25:00 AM »
 Thank you for showing me to the site and adding my work to your list. If anyone enjoys it - I do commissions, just send me an email or contact me on msn.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2009, 08:16:48 AM »
Thank you for showing me to the site and adding my work to your list.

No problem. Welcome to the boards. :D

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2009, 11:51:38 AM »
Ejothims - You're freaking awesome for this (needs +fu to give you)

It promted me to make more fixes though LOL. Also I went and read the knight thread and fell out of my chair lauging! Check this out:
Aftercresent: Loyalty beyond Death - Knight's don't stop fighting when they die. Maybe it should be something like the Frenzied Berzerker's ability?

bkdubs123: Right. Don't. Stop. Fighting. When. They. DIE. Just... think about that. Oh, and then explain what's so Knightly about that.
:lmao Some good times were had in these threads I see!

Jane- welcome2 BG'S please enjoy.
M_v
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Peacenlove

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2009, 08:53:45 PM »
Hallo! Just wanted to show here my Shadowcaster rewrite if its not horrible :D Well i used many ideas from Realms of Chaos work and it was intended for the pathfinder system when i had a better opinion for that setting but i can (and should sometime  :blush) reverse engineer it to 3.5 edition (Removal of path masteries would be the first step).
Link is here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110616&highlight=Pathfinder+Shadowcaster+%5BP.E.A.C.H.%5D

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2009, 09:08:15 PM »
Welcome to BG. :D

Hallo! Just wanted to show here my Shadowcaster rewrite if its not horrible :D Well i used many ideas from Realms of Chaos work and it was intended for the pathfinder system when i had a better opinion for that setting but i can (and should sometime  :blush) reverse engineer it to 3.5 edition (Removal of path masteries would be the first step).
Link is here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110616&highlight=Pathfinder+Shadowcaster+%5BP.E.A.C.H.%5D

The Shadowcaster in 3.5 is generally far subpar to other spellcasters, and while 3.P is less balanced than 3.5, keeping the mastery boost to the Shadowcaster would not unhinge that particular class in a 3.5 game. An explanation of the Path Mastery system as specific to the Shadowcaster should be all you need to make it fully 3.5 capable.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2009, 10:27:11 AM »

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2009, 05:10:58 PM »
It's far enough complete that I'll post it here:

The Raging Strom Discipline for Tome of Battle.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2009, 01:28:41 PM »
I guess it's fixed enough to be here...

Incarnum Blade Fix

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2009, 12:57:06 PM »
Updated. Sorry for the delay, work is kicking my ass, and trying to balance it, GMing a tabletop, and keeping up with WoW and my D2 farming is driving me crazy. I think I snagged all the appropriate stuff since my last update, but please point out if I've missed anything.

I guess it's fixed enough to be here... Incarnum Blade Fix

Added.

The Raging Strom Discipline for Tome of Battle.

While awesome, I'm not sure what it's meant to be fixing, replacing, or rewriting.

I'm slowly working on a samurai thingie

Added.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2009, 08:27:30 PM »
Another small update.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2009, 04:14:10 AM »
Updated with a lot of the stuff from recent weeks.

Now if only I had the time to actually read/review it all.  :o

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2009, 09:42:30 AM »
I modified Racial Paragon Classes to make them more appealing to a broader list of characters.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Surgo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • goes to eleven
    • Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2010, 02:49:58 AM »
How did the classic Tomes never make it on this list?

Modern link to them: http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tome
Visit the Dungeons & Dragons Wiki, a place you can find quality content and upload your own homebrew stuff (provided that it's quality).

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2010, 12:02:34 AM »
Here's my Soulknife Fix (soul projection).  Go on ahead and add it.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2010, 02:14:09 PM »
Here's my Soulknife Fix (soul projection).  Go on ahead and add it.

Added.

I modified Racial Paragon Classes to make them more appealing to a broader list of characters.

Added.

How did the classic Tomes never make it on this list?

Modern link to them: http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tome

Because firstly it's huge, I wouldn't know where to start. Secondly it's from an outside source whose permission I have yet to get because of the first. Thirdly, half of it seems as much a system replacement as anything else and I wouldn't know where to categorize a lot of it within this compilation as a result. I would like to tackle it and other system rewrites eventually), but it'll have to sit on the back burner with them for a while longer (Project Phoenix got some because it was still relatively young and I was in the middle of helping with a bunch of it anyway. It is spectacular though, so I may just toss up a straight link to that wiki somewhere in there.