Author Topic: [De]Motivators!  (Read 281101 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: [De]Motivators!
« Reply #580 on: January 18, 2011, 01:54:24 PM »

Spot the kitteh.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:01:16 PM by veekie »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #581 on: January 18, 2011, 03:15:18 PM »
NSFW
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The sad thing here is i knew there was a spell in the book of erotic fantasy that did this...

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #582 on: January 18, 2011, 05:06:37 PM »
The sad thing here is i knew there was a spell in the book of erotic fantasy that did this...

Yeah, the Fighter's nightmare: "I prepared Flans Exarmito this morning."

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #584 on: January 18, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »
NSFW
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

In Negima, "strip target naked" is the default effect of non-lethal spells. And many lethal ones, for that matter.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #585 on: January 18, 2011, 10:19:31 PM »
NSFW
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

In Negima, "strip target naked" is the default effect of non-lethal spells. And many lethal ones, for that matter.
When you have better hp and saves than your nonmagical equipment, it stands to reason that they won't survive what you can! Especially when your gear apparently only shares your REFLEX saves.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #586 on: January 19, 2011, 05:58:13 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #587 on: January 19, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »
AKA Mindflayers, now with Cute template?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #588 on: January 19, 2011, 11:13:08 PM »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:22:13 PM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #589 on: January 19, 2011, 11:14:39 PM »
Was the last one meant to be an alternate caption for the same image?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #590 on: January 19, 2011, 11:36:43 PM »
Fixed.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #591 on: January 20, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Venser, you dumbass.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #592 on: January 20, 2011, 09:44:01 PM »
ROFL! Where is that from?
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #593 on: January 21, 2011, 02:35:06 AM »
ROFL! Where is that from?

WotC's Planeswalker comics.

But the writing for them is fairly poor (at least compared to other comics).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BrokeAndDrive

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Why are there no ghosts of dinosaurs?
« Reply #594 on: January 24, 2011, 08:18:26 PM »
[spoiler]

Is it a bad thing that, even though black metal is my life, I laugh so hard at these things? POGO POGO POGO![/spoiler]
Random quotes:[spoiler]I think Roy's coinages are shitty and dumb, but Failroy has to take the cake for the dumbest new compound word of the year
~

That was kind of the point. I was trying to be a Roy parody, but I guess it didn't come across overly well.

==

JaronK is of course most famous for his massive thought experiments into placing classes into tiers. While a kind of nifty idea, and a decent enough way to think about stuff, his particular tier assignments were basically insane. Apparently the criteria he used was to assign classes relative strength based on what bullshit he personally would let them get away with at 20th level.

So Factotums were rated very highly, because apparently he would let them use Rokugan-exclusive skills with Forgotten Realms-exclusive weapons from the back of MM2 templated warbeasts. But Rogues suck donkey dick, becuase he wouldn't let them use Use Magic Device to read scrolls of Planar Binding. It was a very surreal argument.
~

And to think the system was immortalized in OOTS. As a general rule, I try to avoid all tier discussion there because it's the De Facto system at BG, and I'm not going to change anyone's mind.

Besides, I think if most people are pressed, they will admit that it's just an estimate, anyway, and that results can vary from table to table.
~

My only real complaint with the tier system is that at one point I was tired (tiered?) of hearing about it.[/spoiler]

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #595 on: January 30, 2011, 10:55:31 AM »
Decided to give it a try myself[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #596 on: January 30, 2011, 08:04:01 PM »
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:46:24 AM by Shadeseraph »
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #597 on: January 30, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »
That pic's adorable.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #598 on: January 31, 2011, 12:52:55 AM »

It's gone now though, Bighugelabs only keeps the motivator around for half an hour or so, you need to rehost.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #599 on: January 31, 2011, 03:47:33 AM »

It's gone now though, Bighugelabs only keeps the motivator around for half an hour or so, you need to rehost.

Didn't know. Rehosted. I kept a copy on my hard disk, so it was easy enough.

EDIT: Another one. Hidden because it is a pretty big spoiler to the Outlanders manga.

[spoiler]

In the manga, this happens because someone decided to fuck with one of the almighty mages in the series.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:55:57 AM by Shadeseraph »
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]