Author Topic: [De]Motivators!  (Read 281077 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: [De]Motivators!
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2009, 07:37:31 PM »
:D
Temptation is the apparently the alternate route, manga name's Negima Neo, also available at onemanga I think. A lot less serious business. Fanservice up, silliness up, anime stuff up.
Yeah, it's a manga loosely based on the "Negima!?" anime, and not written by Ken Akamatsu.

Note that Chachazero does not look as "friendly" as normal. From what I've heard the Pactio system works entirely differently, Negi's sister is some kind of superhero, and Asuna is obsessed with the chupacabra.

EDIT: On another note, I find it oddly hilarious that the "!?" opening tells you absolutely nothing about the show :p Heck, this would be better.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 08:21:48 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2009, 10:09:30 PM »
:D
Temptation is the apparently the alternate route, manga name's Negima Neo, also available at onemanga I think. A lot less serious business. Fanservice up, silliness up, anime stuff up.
Yeah, it's a manga loosely based on the "Negima!?" anime, and not written by Ken Akamatsu.

Note that Chachazero does not look as "friendly" as normal. From what I've heard the Pactio system works entirely differently, Negi's sister is some kind of superhero, and Asuna is obsessed with the chupacabra.

EDIT: On another note, I find it oddly hilarious that the "!?" opening tells you absolutely nothing about the show :p Heck, this would be better.

Saying any interpretation of Chacha0 is even remotely friendly is like saying Ku:Nel is a harmless old goof in a robe. There's acceptable lies, and then plain old BS.

The Neo series is rather entertaining. I'll edit with an explanation after my computer restarts (stupid updates).

Edit:

Starts off with Negi's graduation ceremony and him getting his diploma and task at Mahora. Unlike CH1 from the real series, which just showed him at graduation day, this actually shows the test he and Anya took. CMoA for Negi right off the bat.

CH 2 starts with the revelation that Negi's to teach at Mahora. Oh, and Chamo pops up within 7 pages. Asuna gets exposed to magic damn-near instantly (the scene in CH 1 from the real series, where Nodoka nearly falls off of the stairs? Replace Nodoka with Asuna, and you have the first part). She doesn't catch on right then. Oh, and Setsuna and Konoka don't have that whole silence thing they did (Setsuna's a major character off the bat). Takahata introduces Negi to the class the first time. Asuna doesn't catch onto the magic in CH1 like the original has it, though she is suspicious of Negi. Fan Service from Asuna.

Neo then skips the next two manga's worth of filler and introduces Eva. Fan Service from Konoka and Asuna. Maki also isn't comatose after the attack (she even shows the bite marks). This chapter is where Asuna gets the whole Chupacabra addiction, and Paru decides to run with it (like her crazy mind is capable of). Eva's a bit more of the traditional Vamp now, and Konoka is the trigger-victim instead of Nodoka. End CH2.

CH3 starts off where CH2 ended, but Takahata plays the Big Damn Hero, then Eva the tip of the Magnificent Bitch-iceberg she is by taking Takahata out of the picture for the fight's duration (he's unharmed, but Eva got serious points for style and foreshadowing with this one).

That's a teaser. I haven't read it in a few months, so I need to refresh myself with the series before I can give a good overview. But here's an example of how the series is paced: The whole Kyoto trip? Kotaro? Fate? They get victimized by Adaptation Decay. The entire Kyoto Trip arc takes place in Chapter 29 instead of filling up mangas 4-6, and it's just Konoka and Setsuna delivering the letter to Eishun instead of Negi. That's also where the two get frisky and run into Tsukuyomi (sic).

Yeah, pretty much nothing happens but Patcios between Negi and the main Nakama from Chapters 3-18. The pacing is varied, and there's more focus on the school's whole masquerade than on finding Nagi.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:45:16 PM by Sinfire Titan »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2009, 12:24:25 PM »
I just had a sudden Font of Inspiration...

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2009, 02:40:31 PM »
I have a few Brawl pics on my Wii that are absolute gut-busters. Can't figure out how to get them off though.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2009, 08:12:58 PM »
I'm sorry, it's been a long day and I can't help myself:

Can't figure out how to get them off though.

That's what she said.

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2009, 04:38:47 PM »
Rakan goes to battle with Fate's harem, this calls for celebratory motivators!
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2009, 02:09:00 PM »
I think the funniest part about that chapter is that they revealed that he was actually punching lightning (during the fight with Negi) and grappling fire.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2009, 06:28:38 PM »
When you're as awesome as that, the laws of magic are but a suggestion.
I keep thinking of Exalted's "Cannot be blocked except with a stunt or a charm" and Rakan's every action IS a stunt.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: August 05, 2009, 06:55:33 PM »
Just made these, that image was too awesome not too use :D

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #209 on: August 06, 2009, 12:36:59 AM »
DRUIDS! FUCK YEAH
COming save the motherfucking day yeah! :lol
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #210 on: August 06, 2009, 07:59:46 AM »
Exactly! :lol
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2009, 10:20:38 AM »
This is what RANGERS ride man!
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #212 on: August 08, 2009, 04:37:58 PM »
Two motivators inspired by comments on the Pathfinder thread.

It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2009, 10:58:51 AM »
Possibly NSFW

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: August 16, 2009, 01:19:24 AM »
From Halolz:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2009, 06:49:05 AM »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:06:51 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: August 20, 2009, 12:19:24 PM »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #217 on: August 20, 2009, 02:43:31 PM »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
New negima, new motivators.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Guyr Adamantine

• Donkey Kong
  • Chaotic Evil and loving it.
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2009, 08:15:16 PM »

Probably done before, but I felt funny.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2009, 01:59:34 PM »
Not mine
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mine
[spoiler]A little treat for you fellow Nanoha fans.

Is it wrong that I felt upset about only recognizing 6 of the memes in the pic?[/spoiler]