Author Topic: Merry Belated Xmas to the Gameologists!  (Read 14725 times)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Re: Merry Belated Xmas to the Gameologists!
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2009, 07:14:15 AM »
Perhaps the lack of quote material has something to do with the name of the prestige class. While all my posts are memorable, earnest and and well-founded, no user dares to post them due to the possibility of getting shot.
I thought the EU had taken all of you Europeans' guns away already? :D
Suuuuure... Finland has the third most weapons in the world per capita and such...

Handy Links

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2009, 07:26:24 AM »
My apologies for the lateness.  My evil employers are throwing a monkey wrench into my plans.  WOrk continues on Tsherns PrC.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2009, 08:35:52 AM »
My apologies for the lateness.  My evil employers are throwing a monkey wrench into my plans.  WOrk continues on Tsherns PrC.
I read of that and I hate the fuckers already...

Handy Links

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2009, 06:45:47 AM »
a lil sneak preview whilst I await a chance to work on this :

BECOMING A FINNISH SNIPER

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2009, 08:58:44 AM »
I missed this until now, but now when I found it... Heck, I lolled.

Handy Links

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2009, 10:18:19 AM »
I missed this until now, but now when I found it... Heck, I lolled.

Yays!

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2009, 10:31:11 AM »
Added Zeke's Familiar, and tweaked the Gameologist PrC's to be more readable.  Mya have goobered up Joshes Familiar, will fix soon.  Also, Tsherns PrC is coming I swear.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2009, 07:34:49 AM »
Tshern: I need your alignment :D

And mebbe a quote about sniping or the military :D

I also need a pudgy red-haired asian in a black leather corset in case anyone is still reading :D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 07:46:50 AM by bhu »

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2009, 02:49:15 PM »
Lawful evil!

A piece of discussion between me and a guy who lived in the same room with me:
Me: It's only 200 metres, you can kill it!
He: This is a grenade, you know...
Me: Damn much easier to throw then.

A single line that was pretty much enforced to the heads of all pioneers: "Pioneers carry stuff, because we already know how to shoot." Not my quote though.

And a single line quote by yours truly: "Dude, bullets are limited, fuck warning shots."

You could probably buy a few from Thailand.

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
And a single line quote by yours truly: "Dude, bullets are limited, fuck warning shots."
My vote's on this.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2009, 04:59:51 PM »
It's the only one of those quotes that doesn't involve others. The second one wasn't mine at all, it's more like a mantra.

Handy Links

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2009, 05:55:28 PM »
My vote's on this.
Words to live by.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2009, 06:06:30 PM »
That line now graces my Windows Live personal message. It's that awesome. :D
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2009, 06:14:05 PM »

Handy Links

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2009, 07:14:35 AM »
Okay Tshern, yours is close enough to being done that I can post it forf reviews and tweaking:

FINNISH SNIPER

aka
"Dude, bullets are limited, fuck warning shots."

Finnish Snipers are trained assassins who use magic to enhance their abilities to kill from large distances with ranged weapons.  Veteran Snipers can kill a man from half a mile away with a crossbow shot.  Some go into weapons making, eager to create new toys that will make their job easier (or that at least look kewl).

BECOMING A FINNISH SNIPER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Languages:  Finnish
   Skills:  Concentration 6 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 6 ranks, Spot 6 ranks
   Feats:  Far Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Precise Shot
   Class Abilities:  Must be able to cast 2nd level spells, 1 of which from each level must be from the Divination school.
   Special:  Must have been sucked into an extradimensional portal into an alternate universe known as Finland, been trained as a sniper by the local army there, and subsequently escaped back home.

Class Skills
 The Finnish Sniper's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Arcana, Local, The Planes)(Int), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d6

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities

Weapon Proficiencies: Finnish Snipers gain proficiency with all Ranged Weapons, including Exotic ones.

Spells: At every level except 1st, 4th, and 7th the Snipers casting level increases, but he may only learn spells from the Divination and Abjuration schools.

Ranged Sneak Attack (Ex)Sneak Attack (Ex): At levels 2, 5, and 7 you gain an additional die of Sneak Attack damage (see PHB page 50).  This stacks with Sneak Attack Dice gained from other classes.

Mystic Sniper (Su)Veteran Sniper (Ex)PLAYING A FINNISH SNIPER CombatAdvancement: Finnish Snipers are a twitchy unpredictable lot.  Some increase their magical skills, some increase their martial skills, some go in different directions eager to cast off their former life.  But most will retain some semblance of their ass-kicking abilities regardless of what they do just in case people get on their nerves too much.
Resources

Daily LifeNotables: Tshern (LE Male Human Rogue 3/Wizard 3/Finnish Sniper 6) was a young man kidnapped from his home and pressed into the Finnish military.  Or at least this is what he was told.  Years in the military have left him with a taste for good alcohol, and a morbid loathing of stupidity in any form.
 OrganizationsNPC Reaction Adaptation: This is not entirely a serious PrC, and is meant for humorous campaigns.  With some rewording of the fluff it can be used for more serious games, it may just be a little odd.
 EncountersSample Encounter
EL 12: The PC's enter town looking for a bar.  Standing outside one is a drunken human betting people he can't shoot the pecker off a hummingbird at 1000 yards.  They all look nervous...

Name
LE Male Human Rogue 3/Wizard 3/Finnish Sniper 6
Init +3, Senses: Listen +8, Spot +9
Languages Common, Finnish, Goblin, Elven
------------------------------------------------
AC , touch , flat-footed   (+3 Dex, )
hp 51 (12 HD)
Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +10 
Evasion
------------------------------------------------
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee
Ranged
Base Atk +9, Grp +9
Atk Options Sneak Attack +4d6 (Range 120'), Mystic Sniper
Combat Gear
Spells Per Day 0: 4 (DC 13)
1st: 5 (DC 14)
2nd: 4 (DC 15)
3rd: 3 (DC 16)
4th: 1 (DC 17)
Caster Level 7th
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 8
SQ Trapfinding, Trap Sense +1
Feats Far Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Precise Shot,
Skills Balance +10, Bluff +6, Climb +9, Concentration +10, Gather Information +6, Hide +10, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (Arcane, Local, The Planes) +9, Listen +8, Move Silently +10, Search +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +9, Spot +9, Survival +8, Swim +5, Tumble +8, Use Magic Device +6 
Possessions

Hit Die: d6
Spells The Snipers Caster Level continues ot increase with Epic levels, but he does not gain additional spells per day.
Sneak Attack The Finnish Sniper gains an additional Sneak Attack Die at level 22, and every three levels thereafter.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Finnish Sniper gains a Bonus Feat every x levels higher than 20th

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 08:56:07 AM by bhu »

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2009, 12:04:45 PM »
That's completely awesome. bhu, you're so much win it's not even funny.

The only thing I can think of is that you may want to specify how long the Mystic Sniper bonuses last.

Also, I may be completely off here, but the spellcasting progression seems a little off. If you decide to tweak it at all, I would add one more caster level (maybe) and then imitate the Unseen Seer's CL increase for divination spells/CL decrease for everything else.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2009, 12:43:22 PM »
Okay, I must refrain from rolling on the floor for just a minute so I can post... Okay, I failed that check twice, but here I go, eventually.

Okay Tshern, yours is close enough to being done that I can post it forf reviews and tweaking:

FINNISH SNIPER
This is pure win already.

A Finnish Sniper in action:

"Dude, bullets are limited, fuck warning shots."

Adding a translation for those who want authentic gameplay:

Finnish Snipers are trained assassins who use magic to enhance their abilities to kill from large distances with ranged weapons.  Veteran Snipers can kill a man from half a mile away with a crossbow shot.  Some go into weapons making, eager to create new toys that will make their job easier (or that at least look kewl).
This made me wish I had been trained to be a sniper. I was the third best shot in the company (130 people), but they pushed me to pioneer officer course...

BECOMING A FINNISH SNIPER
Nice fluff here, good work.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Languages:  Finnish
   Skills:  Concenntration (8 ranks), Knowledge (Arcane) 8 ranks, Spot 8 ranks
   Feats:  Far Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Precise Shot
   Class Abilities:  Must be able to cast 2nd level spells, 1 of which from each level must be from the Divination school.
   Special:  Must have been sucked into an extradimensional portal into an alternate universe known as Finland, been trained as a sniper by the local army there, and subsequently escaped back home.
An intelligence score requirement, an intelligence score requirement!

Class Skills
 The Finnish Sniper's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Arcana, Local, The Planes)(Int), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Craft (rigged mines)?

Hit Dice: d6
Good thing our preposterous CON score fixes this problem.

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
Casting progression and sneak attack progression? Unseen Seer, here I come!

Weapon Proficiencies: Finnish Snipers gain proficiency with all Ranged Weapons, including Exotic ones.
Well, I have used a few different kinds of bazookas too.

Spells: At every level except 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th the Snipers casting level increases, but he may only learn spells from the Divination and Abjuration schools.
Well, you can't win every time, huh? Still works with Unseen Seer and even better with Rainbow Servant...

Ranged Sneak Attack (Ex)
Moar, moar!

Mystic Sniper (Su)
No missing with this dude.

Death attack DCs...

Veteran Sniper (Ex)
Oh yes, oh yes!

PLAYING A FINNISH SNIPER
Interesting suits better than fun, Finns never have fun, we are too busy being depressed.

Combat
She was asking for it, she was coming on to me.

Advancement: Finnish Snipers are a twitchy unpredictable lot.  Some increase their magical skills, some increase their martial skills, some go in different directions eager to cast off their former life.  But most will retain some semblance of their ass-kicking abilities regardless of what they do just in case people get on their nerves too much.
And remember, they increase the amount of sheer cool.

Resources
And eventually will drink themselves to death.

They had it coming, all of them.

You have left a world of bitter, self-righteous assholes more concerned with rules than peoples lives, and returned to a world of bitter, self-righteous assholes who have brain matter substantially less adequate than the average rutabaga. 
Hear, hear!

the Devil incarnate.  On the one hand this gets you laid often.  On the other there are mobs with pitchforks, and the lady who does your laundry shits herself and has a stroke whenever you say hi and acknowledge her existence.  No wonder you have the occasional beer to relax.
The truth has found its way to these boards.

Daily Life
Remember booze.

Notables: Tshern (LE Male Human Rogue 3/Wizard 3/Finnish Sniper 6) was a young man kidnapped from his home and pressed into the Finnish military.  Or at least this is what he was told.  Years in the military have left him with a taste for good alcohol, and a morbid loathing of stupidity in any form.
A handsome young man, for sure.

Organizations
NPC Reaction
"Ooops, now I have to kill you all!"

Drunken fights are good excuses to let Fighters beat up some newbies.

Adaptation: This is not entirely a serious PrC, and is meant for humorous campaigns.  With some rewording of the fluff it can be used for more serious games, it may just be a little odd.
All NPCs in my games now have ten levels of this PrC. Yes, this includes Lucifer the Satan.

Goddamnit, bhu! You make it so hard to tolerate other class designers.

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2009, 05:00:03 PM »
 :clap :clap :clap Glad you enjoy it Tshern. :D
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2009, 08:58:46 AM »
Thanks guys!

I try my best.

Added durations for Mystic Sniper, and tweaked the prereqs a lil (the build I had listed was impossible it turns out).  Added some fluff, and filled out the example NPC a lil.  I still need to  finish it up.  Keep in mind I wasn't going for maximum optimization, I just need something to put up as an example :D

I also owe a PrC to Dragon Snack, Archangel Arcanis, and SixthDeclension.  They were also sounding boards a lil for the original 3 PrC's.

So whose next :D