Author Topic: What I've been up to... (Dragon Snack Games)  (Read 5052 times)

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: What I've been up to... (Dragon Snack Games)
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 10:43:31 AM »
D snack was a wrestler his own self, and a ref, he once got crippled by Rick Steiner.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 11:28:40 AM »
Yeah, D snack has the distinction of one of the few people I know on the internet who I wouldn't automatically claim that I could beat his ass.
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Dragon Snack Games and Entertainment
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 12:15:51 PM »
Well, you were also quite drunk when you started getting rambunctious...

D snack was a wrestler his own self, and a ref, he once got crippled by Rick Steiner.
Indeed I did wrestle a few matches, but I prefer being a ref.  Oddly enough, Steiner crippled me with a bad bump when I was a ref (I slept in a chair for a week).

Here's me and Chris Candido (RIP), after I reffed his brothers first pro match (against him)...

I wish I could find the video of that match.  It was the best match I ever worked, because I put Tammy Lynn Sytch over big time (you wouldn't think she needed it, but the crowd had been chanting "You got fat!" when she first came out).  Things got "out of hand" in the match and she came in to break the two up, then bitch slapped me when I tried to get her out of the ring.  The crowd went wild (although it was the last time I worked for that promotion, since security was non-existent and I got pelted by bottles, plastic thankfully, as I left the ring).

You're into wrasslin'?  Kewl! I was gonna do a pro wrasslin' class!
Well, courtesy of the "Internet Way Back Machine", here's a link to my "Rant" (it's what I called my blog there, before the word blog was invented) on wrestling schools from when I ran my 4wrestlers.com website: http://web.archive.org/web/20010302093542/4wrestlers.com/rant2.html

It may cause you to think twice about paying tons of money to learn to wrestle.  It cost me half of my visitors when I posted it...

Now, y'all are off topic, get back to thinking of how you can visit Mt Morris and give me money! :smirk
Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 06:12:10 AM »
Nononononono I mean a d20 base clas for pro wrasslin'  :D

Prolly based off ToB slightly...

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 02:07:31 AM »
Dude!  Jetblue occasionally offers insane deals Boston-Buffalo (as in a few weeks ago I could've bought a round trip ticket for $30)- I'll keep an eye out so we can plan a trip sometime! 

This is super awesome!  Ever think about sponsoring a podcast?  :smirk
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 06:15:41 AM »
Now, y'all are off topic, get back to thinking of how you can visit Mt Morris and give me money! :smirk

Hmm...do y'all do mail order yet?  :smirk

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »
I can work something out.  Even though my merchants account isn't set up yet, I do have PayPal... :D

Dude!  Jetblue occasionally offers insane deals Boston-Buffalo (as in a few weeks ago I could've bought a round trip ticket for $30)- I'll keep an eye out so we can plan a trip sometime!
We have a few local Conventions coming up too, if you want to mix those in as well.

This is super awesome!  Ever think about sponsoring a podcast?  :smirk
I've heard good things about Fear The Boot. :p

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
  • "I do not exist," we faithfully insist.
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 02:29:58 AM »
When you have your internet sales up and I have some money, I will try and do all my business through you  :D
Mine's been a yard carefully surface-tended, foxes burrowed underground.
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 02:50:35 AM »
My college reunion is this summer - if I make it back to Ithaca, I will definitely stop by.

Vynar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 01:19:03 PM »
Best of luck to you. Until you inevitably take the gaming world by storm and expand into Maryland or northern VA I'll check out internet sales once you get them up. The only gaming store I know of that is even close to me is probably a little over an hour away.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 02:08:53 PM »
There is a very good chance I may wind up going to college in New York. If I go up there to check out colleges, I'll make it a priority to stop by.

Wordman

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Asteroid
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 02:30:25 PM »
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:07:42 AM by Wordman »
Ctrl ]

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 04:12:12 PM »
Looking forward to seeing everyone!  :)

Indie Games - I'm a little wary of them.  As much as I would LOVE to carry some (it would distinguish me from the big LGS in the area and internet sellers), there are just so many that the overhead may be a little too much.

If there were some way to carry them with a lower overhead I would definitely consider it.  I know there was talk of some Indie Game publishers setting up a PDF POD-like option for LGS a few years ago, but I'm assuming that fears/egos sunk it since I haven't seen any talk about this recently (and never heard of it actually being tested in a game store).

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 06:01:20 AM »
Updates?  Open yet?