Author Topic: Uncle Kitties Handbook O' Kittehs  (Read 191069 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Uncle Kitties Handbook O' Kittehs
« Reply #520 on: September 07, 2010, 01:08:46 AM »
I am not sure.  I dunno if I ever spelled that out..

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #521 on: September 07, 2010, 04:19:32 AM »
FERAL

"Meow."

Some Cat Burglars decide that thug life isn't as attractive as the fuzzy life.  They give up the material fast paced urban world to live permanently the life of a cat.  Granted they aren't animals so they bore easy.  This means they still meddle sometimes.  Just to protect people and get food for survival though.  Money is no longer a necessity.

BECOMING A FERAL
Most Ferals started as Cat Burglars, and kept that class all the way until adopting this one.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Class Abilities:  Kitty Form, Kitty Magic,
   Skills:  Hide 8 Ranks, Listen 8 Ranks, Move Silently 8 Ranks, Spot 8 Ranks, Survival 8 ranks
   Feats:  At least 2 Kitty Feats, one of which must be Cattitude

Class Skills
 The Feral's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Arcane, Local or Nature, Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str)
Skills Points at Each  Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d8

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities      KM Level  KM Known  Spell Points
1. +0    +2     +2     +0    Forever Kitty  1          3        3
2. +1    +3     +3     +0                   1          4        5
3. +2    +3     +3     +1                   2          5        8
4. +3    +4     +4     +1                   2          9       14
5. +3    +4     +4     +1                   3         10       19
6. +4    +5     +5     +2                   3         14       29
7. +5    +5     +5     +2                   4         16       37
8. +6    +6     +6     +2                   4         20       51
9. +6    +6     +6     +3                   5         22       63
10.+7    +7     +7     +3   Big Kitty Magic 5         26       81

Weapon Proficiencies: Ferals gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Forever Kitty (Su): You are now permanently stuck in Kitty Form, and can no longer become human.  You can only speak now if you have the Jibba Jabba Feat. You are immune to spells or abilities that would detect your alignment or somehow reveal you are more than just a cat.  Your Feral and Cat Burglar levels stack for purposes of qualifying for Kitty Feats (i.e. a 6th level Cat Burglar/6th level Feral is considered a 12th level Cat Burglar).  Equipment and Magic Items must now be sized for your Kitty Form.  You may cast spells if you have access to the right material components since you have learned to use the necessary Verbal and Somatic components as a cat.  You now qualify as a cat for purposes of any spell/power/effect that would be beneficial to cats temporarily (this includes spells specific to animals such as Animal Growth, because Cats are Animals).  For purposes of effects that would be detrimental to Cats/Animals, you are a Magical Beast.  If knocked unconscious you no longer revert to human form if you are in Kitty Form.

Kitty Magic (Sp): Ferals study what they call "the secret magic of cats", which basically means they get a few more Spell-Like abilities than usual.  The KM Level table tells you the highest level of spell you can choose for your Spell-Like Abilities.  The KM Known table tells you how many Spell-Like abilities you have per level.  You may choose a new spell of any level you are allowed to access when you get new ones.  Bonus spell points are based on Charisma (see Unearthed Arcana page 154 for the Bonus spell point table, and the spell point cost for spells).  The Spell Save DC's are based on Charisma, and the Feral must have a Charisma score equal to 10 plus the spells level to cast it. Kitty Magic is cast spontaneously like a Sorcerers spells would be.  Spells must be chosen from the Kitty Magic List which will be reproduced here for convenience:

0: Arcane Mark, Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Know Direction, Purify Food and Drink, Mage Hand, Message, Naturewatch, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Resistance, Silent Portal, Touch of Fatigue
1: Accelerated Movement, Alarm, Bloodhound, Calm Animals, Camouflage, Cause Fear, Charm Animals, Charm Person, Critical Strike, Dead End, Detect Animals and Plants, Detect Munchies, Detect Secret Doors, Detect Snares and Pits, Detect Munchies, Distract, Distract Assailant, Ebon Eyes, Embrace the Wild, Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall, I Has a Flavor, Insightful Feint, Instant Search, Hawkeye, Hide from Animals, Hypnotism, Jump, Lay of the Land, Lightfoot, Living Prints, Magic Fang, Marked Object, Nerveskitter, Net of Shadows, Pass Without Trace, Remove Scent, Serene Visage, Silent Portal, Sleep, Snowshoes, Speak With Animals, Spontaneous Search, Stalking Brand, Summon Feline 1, Surefoot, Swift Expeditious Retreat, True Strike, Ventriloquism, You Has a Flavor Too
2: Align Fang, Baleful Transposition, Balancing Lorecall, Bear's Endurance, Blur, Cat's Grace, Dark Vision, Daze Monster, Detect Thought's, Eagle's Splendor, Easy Climb, Entice Gift, Fell the Greatest Foe, Hold Animal, Invisibility, Jagged Tooth, Knock, Lion's Charge, Listening Lorecall, Locate Object, Misdirection, Mountain Stance, Nature's Favor, Portal Alarm, Protection from Arrows, Rebuke, See Invisibility, Scare, Speak to Allies, Spider Climb, Summon Feline II, Surefooted Stride, Swift Haste, Touch of Idiocy, Veil of Shadow, Whispering Wind
3: A Cat's Revenge, Arcane Sight, Blink, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Claws of Darkness, Deeper Dark Vision, Deep Slumber, Displacement, Find the Gap, Forestfold, Greater Magic Fang, Longcat, Mesmerizing Glare, Haste, Heroism, Hold Person, Lesser Telepathic Bond, Non-Detection, Safe Clearing, Shadow Cache, Suggestion, Summon Cat Swarm I, Summon Feline III, Tremor Sense, Unluck
4: Charm Monster, Commune with Nature, Detect Scrying, Displacer Form, Fear, Freedom of Movement, Greater Invisibility, Implacable Pursuer, It Was the Dog, Know Vulnerabilities, Locate Creature, Nom Nom Nom, Scrying, Shout, Summon Feline IV, Superior Magic Fang
5: Aggressive Cat is Aggressive, Basement Cat, Ceiling Cat, Dander Blast, Defensive Cat is Defensive, Dominate Person, Do Not Want, Feeblemind, Find the Path, Happy Cat, Hold Monster, Mass Eagle's Splendor, Mordenkainen's Private Sanctum, Nightstalkers Transformation, Passwall, Pew Pew Pew, Rary's Telepathic Bond, Sending, Serious Cat, Shadow Form, Summon Cat Swarm II, Summon Feline V, Symbol of Sleep, Teleport
6: Analyze Dweomer, Aura of Terror, Bite of the Were Tiger, Hide the Path, Imperious Glare, Interplanar Telepathic Bond, I See What You Did There, Legend Lore, Mass Cat's Grace, Mass Suggestion, Mislead, Phantasmal Disorientation, Probe Thoughts, Shadow Walk, Summon Feline VI, True Seeing, You Make Kitty Scared!
7: Cat Gravity, Cloudwalkers, Evil Glare, Gimme A Break Here!, Greater Arcane Sight, Greater Scrying, Greater Teleport, Hide from Dragons, Hiss of Sleep, Phase Door, Plane Shift, Shifting Paths, Summon Cat Swarm III, Summon Feline VII, The Death Purr, Vision
8: Dander Explosion, Demand, Discern Location, Fierce Pride of the Beastlands, Greater Shout, Lion's Roar, Mind Blank, Moment of Prescience, Otto's Irresistible Dance, Summon Feline VIII
9: Astral Projection, Big Kitty, Dander Tornado, Death by Overcuteness, Etherealness, Foresight, Four LOLCats of the Apocalypse, Nappy Times, Nature's Avatar, Programmed Amnesia, Summon Feline IX, This is Unacceptable, War Kitteh

See Feats for 0 Level spells, and Epic Levels for 6th-9th Level spells.

Big Kitty Magic (Su): Choose a number of spells equal to your Charisma Modifier.  You may now cast these as Supernatural Abilities instead of Spell-Like Abilities.

PLAYING A FERAL
Ferals are odd birds.  They have given up human form permanently, and are forever a housecat (or a feral big cat).  This is supposedly the only way to gain access to the "secret magic of cats".  More cynical observers say it's a way of going underground to escape trouble, but even they can't explain why the Feral's permanently have to give up humanoid form.
 Combat: Like most Cat Burglars, Ferals are secondary combatants, and primarily stealth machines.  They do have a few options most Cat burglars don't, but not many.
 Advancement: You are now permanently a cat.  Stealth will be crucial to you as you can no longer wear heavy armors and swing greatswords (wait, you never did that before...).  Still people will think of you as a cat (i.e. not a person) so be careful.
Resources: Ferals have little to no resources to draw upon but their own friends assuming they have any.  Some may live as a housecat, protecting a beloved person who believes themselves to be an owner.  Most are feral wild cats, scratching out the barest of livings.

FERALS IN THE WORLD
"You know that blue-grey cat down by the docks?  I've been locking up my fish catch to keep him out and darned if he somehow isn't still getting the fish."
As far as the world knows you're a cat.  And you certainly aren't giving away the joke.  You live like a cat, except for studying your magical abilities.
 Daily Life: "The young boy known as Matthias threw rocks at me again today.  Plans have been made for his disposal.  Plans involving a rabid sheep with a peg leg. It will look like a most regrettable accident."
 Notables: The Fussin Russian (CN Human Cat Burglar 6/Feral 6) is the epitome of his kind.  A retired Cat Burglar he spends his time taking care of the cities feral cats and strays, occasionally helping the cities poorer humans and insane cat ladies as well.
 Organizations: Ferals rarely have organizations, although there are rumors of some prides of Feral cats.

NPC Reaction
NPC's think you're a cat.  A really smart, lucky, possibly fiendish cat.  But a cat nonetheless.

FERALS IN THE GAME
If it is ever revealed that Ferals exist, cats will probably lose their status as favored pets.  But then the same could be said of Cat Burglars in general.
 Adaptation: This is an odd one.  It has some possibilities for serious campaigns, but would play better in a silly one.
 Encounters: PC's will usually assume a Feral is just a stray cat, unless he wants to reveal himself.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: A local merchant has been the victim of a great deal of theft.  He seems obsessed with the idea a small Russian Blue cat is doing it all despite that A: It's obviously the local oppressed peasantry, and B: He's missing far more than a cat could take.  Despite his lunacy the PC's agree to take his money, and despite their continued vigilance the merchants food stocks keep being depleted.  And they notice the cat watching them every day.  It's almost like he's laughing at them...

The Fussin' Russian
CN Human Cat Burglar 6/Feral 6
Init +5 (+4 BC), Senses: Listen +x, Spot +x, Low Light Vision, Scent
Languages Common
------------------------------------------------
AC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Size, +5 Dex, +4 Dodge, )
AC BC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+1 Size, +4 Dex, +4 Dodge, )
hp 48 (12 HD)
Fort +7, Ref +15 (+14 BC), Will +5 
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee
Base Atk +8, Grp -4 (-1 BC)
Atk Options
Combat Gear
Kitty Magic Known  1st: Charm Person, Detect Poison, Detect Munchies, Pass Without Trace
2nd: Eagle's Splendor, Invisibility, Knock, Protection from Arrows, Spider Climb
3rd: Haste, Heroism, Hold Person, Non-Detection, Shadow Cache
-----------------------------------------------
Original Stats Str 8, Dex 14
Abilities Str 3, Dex 20, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 18
Abilities (BC) Str 4, Dex 18
SQ Kitty Form (Big Cat), Purr, Feline Empathy, Cat Powah, Kitty Magic (Innocence, Missed Me!), Enhanced Kitty Form (Spidercat, Watchcat), Burglaring (Evasion, Trapfiding), Scamper Bonus, Forever Kitty
Feats Bad Cattitude, Cattitude, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Jibba Jabba, Weapon Finesse
Skills Bluff +15, Diplomacy +12, Escape Artist +13, Hide +29, Knowledge (Arcane, Local, Nature) +9, Listen +9, Move Silently +21, Search +9, Spellcraft +9, Spot +9, Survival +9
Possessions

EPIC FERAL

Hit Die: d8
Spellcasting Your Caster Level is equal to 10 plus your Epic Levels.  You do not gain additional spell points per level. but you can learn 1 additional spell of any level you know with each level.  Beginning at Level 21 you have access to 6th level spells.  At level 23 you gain access to 7th level spells, at Level 25 you gain access to 8th level spells, and at Level 27 you gain access to 9th level spells.  At 29th level you gain access to Epic Level Kitty Spells.  Also, each level you may choose one spell you already know to cast as a Supernatural Ability instead of a Spell-Like Ability.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Feral gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th.

Bitty Kitty Magic
You have studied little tricks cats know.
 Prerequisites: Kitty Magic, Base Willpower Save +3
 Benefits: Choose any three 0 Level spells from the Kitty Magic list to learn.

Improved Kitty Magic
You have expanded your repertoire of Kitty Magic.
 Prerequisites: Kitty Magic, Base Willpower Save +3
 Benefits: Choose any 2 spells of a Level you can cast from the Kitty Magic List
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 04:11:08 AM by bhu »

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #522 on: September 07, 2010, 04:07:36 PM »
Does Forever Kitty prevent you from changing between different kitty forms?

The table lists the max KM level at 5, but the description has up to ninth level KM spells.

Kitty Magic spells are listed as spell-like abilities, spell-like abilities can't have metamagic feats applied to them so how does the Big Kitty Magic work with that?
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #523 on: September 08, 2010, 01:57:50 AM »

The table lists the max KM level at 5, but the description has up to ninth level KM spells.

Kitty Magic spells are listed as spell-like abilities, spell-like abilities can't have metamagic feats applied to them so how does the Big Kitty Magic work with that?

No

Read the Epic Levels

Im working on it

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #524 on: September 08, 2010, 02:19:47 AM »

No

Read the Epic Levels

Im working on it
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:26:56 AM by Nanshork »
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #525 on: September 09, 2010, 01:29:11 AM »
bhu I kind of need an answer to my question for the campaign I'm in. (Not jester's realm.)

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #526 on: September 09, 2010, 02:01:58 AM »
bhu I kind of need an answer to my question for the campaign I'm in. (Not jester's realm.)
Might be helpful to specify that it's the collar armor question.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #527 on: September 09, 2010, 03:38:47 AM »
we'll go with yes

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #528 on: September 09, 2010, 04:28:56 AM »
I tweaked the Feral

FOOF LORD

"You're wife is allergic to cats, aww isn't that a shame...AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

You are the master of allergies.  Used by the Guilds to make miserable the lives of others, your abilities to inflict discomfort make even the strongest willed aristocrat crumble to their demands.  In other words you are a sheddin' fool!

BECOMING A FOOF LORD
Any Cat Burglar can take this PrC with the appropriate Feats.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Class Abilities:  Kitty Form, Enhanced Kitty Form (Foofy Kitty)
   Feats:  Eat My Dander, HAHAHAHA!!
   Skills:  Gather Information 8 ranks, Hide 8 ranks, Move Silently 8 ranks

Class Skills
 The Foof Lord's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Dex), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local, Nobility)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 8 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code: [Select]
[b]   BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities[/b]
1. +0    +0     +2     +0    Dander Mastery
2. +1    +0     +3     +0    Foofanization
3. +2    +1     +3     +1    Allergen Curse
4. +3    +1     +4     +1    Dander Mastery
5. +3    +1     +4     +1    Foofanization
6. +4    +2     +5     +2    Allergen Curse
7. +5    +2     +5     +2    Dander Mastery
8. +6    +2     +6     +2    Foofanization
9. +6    +3     +6     +3    Allergen Curse
10.+7    +3     +7     +3    Lord of the Fwuffy

Weapon Proficiencies: Foof Lord's gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Dander Mastery (Su): Your Foof Lord and Cat Burglar Levels stack for purposes of being able to take the Cattitude, Bad Cattitude, and O I Dare U Feats.

At 1st level you may use the special attack you gain from Eat My Dander Feat at will.

At 4th level you may cast Dander Blast (see Kitty Magic) 3 times per day as as Supernatural Ability.

At 7th level you may cast Dander Explosion (see Kitty Magic) once per day as a Supernatural Ability.

Foofanization (Su): At 2nd level you may "foofanize" a 10 by 10 foot room as a Full Round Action, covering it with difficult to find cat hairs.  Anyone allergic to cat hair (or who is suffering from an Allergen Curse) has a -4 penalty on all rolls as long as they remain in the room (others get a Fortitude Save to avoid the effect, Save DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Charisma).  The room remains foofanized for 1 day. This ability may be used in outdoor settings, but Moderate or stronger winds will disperse the effect within 1d6 rounds.

At 5th level you may coat up to a 20 by 20 foot room, and it remains in effect for 1 day per point of Charisma Modifier.  Victims are Nauseated in addition to taking  the penalties to rolls. It now lasts 1d6 minutes in Moderate or stronger winds if used outside.

At 8th level you may coat up to a 40 by 40 foot room, and it last for 1 week per point of Charisma Modifier. It now last 1d6 hours if used outside in Moderate or stronger winds.

Allergen Curse (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier you may curse a victim within 60' as a Standard Action if he fails a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier).  If you are successful that victim becomes allergic to cats.  Whenever he gets within 20' of a feline creature (including magical ones) he receives a -4 penalty on all rolls for as long as he is within range, and for 1d6 rounds afterwards.

At 6th level the Save DC of your Foofanization and Dander mastery abilities is +2 for anyone you have successfully cursed.

At 9th level the Save DC of your Foofanization and Dander mastery abilities is +4 for anyone you have successfully cursed.

Lord of the Fwuffy: At 10th level you have achieved Maximum Fwuffiness! You may now use Dander Blast 5 times per day, and Dander Explosion 3 times per day.  In addition you may now cast Dander Tornado once per day (see Kitty Magic).  You may also Paralyze anyone you have successfully used your Allergen Curse on for as long as you touch them if they fail a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier).

PLAYING A FOOF LORD
 You spread cat hair in your wake, and you enjoy it.  Nothing makes your life better than making fat old people with too much money and not enough common sense ill.  And that pretty much describes the entirety of the ruling class.  Granted if they aren't available you aren't below messing with others...
 Combat: You're pretty much a debuffer in combat.  Your goal is to screw up the other side, and make their life hell while your companions throw anvils at them, or whatever the heck it is Barbarians do.
 Advancement: Foof Lords all pretty much concentrate on optimizing their abilities to make the lives of others miserable. 
Resources: Foof Lords have the usual resources available as a member of the Cat Burglar Guilds.  Plus you can readily blackmail people for spare cash by blasting them with cat dander until they give up.

FOOF LORDS IN THE WORLD
"Ah tho hade thad cad..."
 You interact with the world by cutting off it's air supply.  And then giving it back after you get paid.  You're a bit of a meanie, but many of the people you make sneeze are deserving.  And you get a lot of affection from peasants who don't like the mean ole Dukes who persecute the lil' fwuffy kitty.  If they only knew...
 Daily Life: You spend much time researching your target, or scouting locations, or setting up the foof attack you'll be using to zap him.  And you also snuggle that nice old lady down the street cause she gives you fish which makes her the most perfectest person ever.
 Notables: Fluffy (CN Female Human Cat Burglar 6/Foof Lord 6) is the local torturer for her Guild.  Sneezy (CE Male Cat Burglar 6/Foof Lord 6) is the torturer for a rival Guild.  Let the shedding begin!
 Organizations: Foof Lords have no real special organization devoted to them beyond the regular Cat Burglar Guilds.

NPC Reaction
 NPC's luv you cause your just the fwuffiest kitty evah!!  Well as long as they aren't your target.  Then they hate you more than being swarmed by bees.  That says a lot.  Nobles tag teamed by a Foof Lord, Bad Kitty, and Fencepost Yowler have been known to suicide.

FOOF LORDS IN THE GAME
 Your players will probably have a hard time wrapping their heads around a kitty using it's powers to extort the nobility.  It's not your usual party role.
 Adaptation: Definitely a silly campaigner.  Not many brutal extortionist thugs use allergies to cats in a serious campaign.
 Encounters: PC's generally encounter a Foof Lord when he has been assigned to zap them, or to protect someone he has been zapping.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: The PC's are given a small Persian kitten as a housewarming gift when they open up shop in town.  A small kitten that many of the locals seem strangely allergic to...

Fluffy
CN Female Human Cat Burglar 6/Foof Lord 6
Init +3 (+6 KF), Senses: Listen +x, Spot +x
Languages Common, Dwarven
AC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+3 Dex, )
AC KF x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Size, +6 Dex, )
hp 42 (12 HD)
Fort +x, Ref +x (+x KF), Will +x 
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee
Atk Options
Combat Gear
Supernatural Abilities Dander Blast 3/day, Foofanization, Allergen Curse 3/day
Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 16
Abilities KF Str 3, Dex 22
SQ Purr, Feline Empathy, Kitty Form, Cat Powah +3
Feats Eat My Dander, HAHAHAHA!!, Jibba Jabba, Weapon Finesse, +2
Skills
Possessions

EPIC FOOF LORD

Hit Die: d6
Skills Points at Each  Level : 8 + int
Bonus Feats: The Epic Foof Lord gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #529 on: September 09, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »
we'll go with yes
Many thanks!

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #530 on: September 10, 2010, 03:55:55 AM »
GOOD KITTY

Kitty:"Can I have a healing potion?"
Paladin: "No."
Kitty: "YOU WILL LOOK INTO MY SPOOKITY HYPNOTIC EYES!"
Paladin: "oooooookayy..."
Kitty: "YOU WILL GIVE TO ME THE SPOOKITY HYPNOTIC POTION OF CURE SERIOUS WOUNDS!"
Paladin: "oooookayyy..."
Kitty: CHUG ("aaaaaah")..."Silly Paladin.  Healing potions are for kitties.  Now you go dance naked in the Azalea bushes under Princess Meanie's window."
Paladin: "ooookkaaayy..."
Kitty: "Now this is the important part, when she asks what the hell you think your doing, you have to tell her she's fat, and ask if she'll come down and take it from a real man."
Paladin: "ooookkaaayy..."
Kitty: "I'm a Good Kitty! Eeheeheeheeheeheehee!"

Most Cat Burglars are content to simply be spies and thieves.  You want to be the power behind the throne, and you're willing to use your magic powers to get there by mind controlling, blackmailing, or otherwise embarrassing anyone in your way.

BECOMING A GOOD KITTY
Pick up a few levels of Cat Burglar and move on to Sorcerer.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Class Abilities:  Kitty Form
   Arcane Caster:  Must be able to cast Arcane Spells without preparation, at least one of which must be from the Enchantment school.
   Skills:  Bluff 8 Ranks, Knowledge (Arcana) 4 ranks
   Feats:  Spell Focus (Enchantment)

Class Skills
 The Good Kitty's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Cha), Spellcraft (Int), and Spot (Wis)
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d4

1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Just A Kitty       
2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Good Kitty Bonus (+1)    +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
3. +1    +1     +1     +3    Enhanced Kitty Magic         +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
4. +2    +1     +1     +4    Just A Kitty        +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Good Kitty Bonus (+2)    +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
6. +3    +2     +2     +5    Enhanced Kitty Magic         +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
7. +3    +2     +2     +5    Just A Kitty        +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Good Kitty Bonus (+4)    +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
9. +4    +3     +3     +6    Enhanced Kitty Magic         
10.+5    +3     +3     +7    Just A Kitty        +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class

Weapon Proficiencies: A Good Kitty Gains no new weapon proficiencies.

Just A Kitty (Su): You gain Spell Resistance equal to 5 plus your character level.  At 1st level this applies to all Divination spells.

At 4th level your Spell Resistance applies to all Enchantment (Charm and Compulsion) spells.

At 7th level it applies to all Illusion (Glamer and Pattern) spells.

At 10th level it applies to all Enchantment and Illusion spells.

Good Kitty Bonus (Ex): At second level the Saving Throw DC's of the spells on your preferred list (see below) are increased by +1 if you know them.  At 5th level this increases to +2.  At 8th level this increases to +4.  This stacks with Feats like Spell Focus.

Preferred Spell List:

Level 1: Charm Person, Distract, Hypnotism, Serene Visage, Shock and Awe, Sleep
Level 2: Daze Monster, Detect Thoughts, Entice Gift, Hypnotic Pattern, Invisibility, See Invisibility
Level 3: Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Deeper Slumber, Hold Person, Lesser Telepathic Bond, Mesmerizing Glare, Suggestion
Level 4: Charm Monster, Confusion, Detect Scrying, Greater Invisibility, Lesser Geas, Locate Creature, Rainbow Pattern, Scrying
Level 5: Dominate Person, Dream, Feeblemind, Hold Monster, Mind Fog, Rary's Telepathic Bond, Sending
Level 6: Geas, Interplanar Telepathic Bond, Mass Suggestion, Mislead, Probe Thoughts, Symbol of Persuasion
Level 7: Hiss of Sleep, Mass Hold Person, Mass Invisibility
Level 8: Antipathy, Demand, Mass Charm Monster, Mind Blank, Scintillating Pattern, Screen, Superior Invisibility, Sympathy
Level 9: Dominate Monster, Mass Hold Monster, Programmed Amnesia

Enhanced Kitty Magic (Su): At 3rd level when you cast a spell from the Preferred Spell list on an opponent who is denied his Dexterity Bonus to AC, you get a +2 rolls to overcome any Spell Resistance they may have.

At 6th level the bonus increases to +4.

At 9th level you may ignore an opponents Spell Resistance if he is flat-footed and you are casting from the Preferred Spell List.

PLAYING A GOOD KITTY
Design yourself around making your mind controlling spells better or more useful.  They are your greatest resource. Without them you wouldn't have the good life, or the women.  Or be able to mind control Clerics into attending their church with a thong made from Gerbils tied together.
 Combat: You most definitely aren't a combatant.  You will use mind controlled minions to do that for you.....
 Advancement: Concentrate on making it harder to detect your magical powers and their use.  You want the whole world to think you're just a cat.  That way when the stuff hits the fan you can slip away quietly.
Resources: Usually a Good Kitty may call upon the resources of the Cat Burglar Guilds, unless he's gone AWOL like Good Kitties usually do.  Then he's on his own till he mind warps someone.

GOOD KITTIES IN THE WORLD
"You won't believe this.  I just took Blaufeld his dinner, and there was that frickin' cat setting on his shoulder patting his bald head like HE was the pet.  I'm not going back in there."
Most people have no idea you exist.  There is surprisingly little opinion about Good Kitties, because they have a tendency to rub out anyone who discovers their secret.
 Daily Life: Your day is spent running things, while convincing all and sundry that your head thrall is running things
Notables: Dark Foofy (NE Male human, Cat Burglar 1/Sorcerer 5, Good Kitty 10) runs his own fiefdom from the lap of a grunting ignorant barbarian.  Constantly in mental contact with him he is the ultimate power behind the throne.  If anyone wrests power from his puppet tyrant he simply mind controls the new subject.  Pwecious (CG Female Tibbit, Cat Burglar 5/Sorcerer 1/Good Kitty 10) make a habit of dethroning just such tyrants.  At least 3 kingdoms have had their dictators deposed because of her efforts.
 Organizations: You have the support of the Cat Burglar guilds unless you strike out on your own (which is normal).  Then you'll likely be the head of your own little organization...

NPC Reaction
 Most people think your the bosses pet fluffy.  They would be shocked and appalled to find out you were the boss.

GOOD KITTIES IN THE GAME
 Be careful of this one.  Despite the name, people playing this class aren't necessarily good....

And they can be quite disruptive to campaigns.
 Adaptation: If you need a very unique BBEG this will do.  Of course the Good Kitty will use a web of deception and lies, and you'll encounter his minions instead of him (if he's doing his job you'll probably think one of his thralls is the BBEG).
 Encounters: The main encounter PC's will have with you is meeting your head thrall who they will believe to be the main bad guy.  You'll just be his beloved pet.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: The local warlord is an ill-tempered, drunken barbarian who seems surprisingly adept at intrigue and politics.  He's also never without his much beloved cat, which you have been hired to kidnap for ransom.  This has turned out to be surprisingly difficult, as the cat seems...unusually bright...

Dark Foofy
NE Male Human Cat Burglar 1/Sorcerer 5/Good Kitty 6
Init +2 (+5 KF), Senses: Listen +x, Spot +x
Languages Common, Draconic
AC 16, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+2 Dex, )
AC KF 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+2 Size, +5 Dex, )
hp 31 (12 HD)
Fort +3, Ref +7 (+10 KF), Will +10 
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee
Base Atk +5, Grp +4 (-8 KF)
Atk Options
Combat Gear
Spells Known 0: Caltrops, Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mage Hand, Message, Read Magic, Resistance, Silent Portal
1st: Buzzing Bee, Charm Person (DC 19), Disguise Self, Obscuring Mist, Serene Visage
2nd: Detect Thoughts (DC 18), Invisibility, Rebuke (DC 18), See Invisibility
3rd: Hold Person (DC 21), Mesmerizing Glare (DC 21), Suggestion (DC 21)
4th: Charm Monster (DC 22), Greater Invisibility
5th: Dominate Person (DC 23)
Caster Level 10
Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 18
Abilities Str 3, Dex 20
SQ Purr, Feline Empathy, Kitty Form, Cat Powah (+4), Familiar (Cat), SR 17 (Divination, Charms and Compulsions), Good Kitty Bonus (+2), Enhanced Kitty Magic (+4)
Feats Combat Casting, Eschew Materials, Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment), Jibba Jabba, Spell Focus (Enchantment), Spell Penetration
Skills Bluff +13, Concentration +6, Diplomacy +10, Gather Information +10, Hide +8, Knowledge (Local, Nobility) +7, Knowledge (Arcane) +7, Listen +7, Move Silently +8, Sense Motive +7, Spot +7, Spellcraft +7
Possessions

EPIC GOOD KITTY

Hit Die: d4
Just A Kitty: The Good Kitties Spell Resistance continues to increase with level.
Spells: Your caster Level continues to increase, but you don't learn new spells or gain new spells per day.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Good Kitty gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 04:43:20 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #531 on: September 12, 2010, 05:42:42 AM »
KATGRRL'S

[Spoiler][/Spoiler]

"Behold mah sexay fuzzy mittens!"

Katgrrl's are (usually) solo artists who have branched off from the guild and are lone con artists relying on their wits and beauty to seduce wealth from victims.  They start working for the Guilds but most chafe under the rules and scrutiny and try out working on heir own.

BECOMING A KATGRRL
Most begin as simple Cat Burglars, but a few multi class before becoming Katgrrl's.  Despite the name the class isn't limited to women, but Katboi's are pretty rare.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Class Abilities: Kitty Form (Catfolk, Katgrrl), Kitty Magic: At least 2 of the following (Innocence, I Wuv U, Pwease, Pwetty Pwease wif Sugar on Top, The Power of Cute, YOU MUST PET TEH KITTEH!)
   Skills:  Bluff 8 Ranks, Diplomacy 8 Ranks, Perform (Dance) 8 Ranks
   Feats:  Jibba Jabba, and any 1 of the following Feats: Deceitful, Negotiator, Persuasive, or Sweet Talker (from Complete Scoundrel).
   Special: Must be sponsored and accepted by a Katgrrl, and they're picky.  You gotta be hawt to join.

Class Skills
 The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Local, Nobility)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), and Tumble (Dex).

Hit Dice: d8

1. +0    +0     +2     +0    Improved Katgrrl Form
2. +1    +0     +3     +0    Beware the Power of the Hypnobutt (Fascinate)
3. +2    +1     +3     +1    Jiggle Dodge +2
4. +3    +1     +4     +1    Improved Katgrrl Form
5. +3    +1     +4     +1    Beware the Power of the Hypnobutt (Suggestion)
6. +4    +2     +5     +2    Jiggle Dodge +4
7. +5    +2     +5     +2    Improved Katgrrl Form
8. +6    +2     +6     +2    Beware the Power of the Hypnobutt (Slavery)
9. +6    +3     +6     +3    Jiggle Dodge +6
10.+7    +3     +7     +3    Naked Fury

Weapon Proficiencies: A Katgrrl gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Improved Katgrrl Form (Su): At 1st level you can switch to and from Katgrrl Form as a Swift Action instead of a Standard one. 

At 4th level you get an Enhancement Bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Gather Information checks equal to half your Katgrrl level (rounded down).

At 7th level you get an Enhancement Bonus to all attack and damage rolls equal to your Charisma Modifier.

Beware the Power of the Hypnobutt (Su): You may use the Power of the Hypnobutt once per day per Katgrrl level. It is a Standard action, and requires a Standard action each round to maintain, and the Katgrrl cannot cast spells or use spell activation magic items.  Each power requires a certain number of ranks in Perform (Dance). At second level she gains the power to Fascinate men by dancing if she has at least 6 ranks in Perform (Dance). The Katgrrl makes a Perform (Dance) check, and any living being of the opposite gender (and same gender if homosexual) within 30' must make a Willpower Save or be Fascinated for as long as the Katgrrl performs (Save DC is equal to the Perform check), or until attacked or it perceives an obvious threat (spells are cast, people draw weapons).  This is an enchantment (compulsion) mind-affecting ability.  Opponents who make their Saving throw are immune to this Katgrrl's Fascinate ability for 24 hours. Potential victims must be able to see the Katgrrl.

At 5th Level if the Katgrrl has at least 12 ranks in Perform (Dance), she may implant a Suggestion (as per the spell) into the mind of any one creature she has already Fascinated (see above).  The opponent must be within range, and able to see the Katgrrl, and this does not break her concentration on her Fascinate ability.  A Will Save (DC 10 plus half hit dice plus Charisma modifier) negates the effect.  This is an enchantment (compulsion) mind-affecting ability.

At 8th Level if the Katgrrl has at least 15 ranks in Perform (Dance), she may Enslave a creature she has previously used her Suggestion ability on at least 3 times.  This effect is similar to the Charm Person spell, but is permanent in duration if the victim fails his first Willpower Save (DC 10 plus half hit dice plus Charisma modifier).  If the Save is successful this ability cannot be used again on that victim for 24 hours.

Jiggle Dodge (Su): The Katgrrl gains a Circumstance Bonus to Armor Class when lightly clothed or nude.  This is +2 at level 3, +4 at level 6, and +6 at level 9.

Naked Fury(Su): This ability may only be used when nude (or nearly so) and in Katgrrl form.  As a Standard Action you may point at someone and accuse them of all sorts of unmentionable and vile acts, and any living creature within 60' must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half your Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier) or believe that he needs the crap beat out of him.  For the next minute they will selflessly (but not suicidally) devote themselves to doing so.  For example a room full of men would still assault the King because they know they can take him.  However the same room full of men would not assault an Ancient Red Wyrm if they knew they had no chance of winning.  This is a Mind-Affecting effect.  It isn't Language dependent as you can pretty much get the gist across with body language (crying and cowering always works well). 

PLAYING A KATGRRL
 You are hawt.  And you know it.  And you have no problem making sure other people know it.  They should all bow to your extreme hawtness.  Anyone who disagrees is jealous or lying.  Fortunately you have a wide selection of boyfriends to make them all pay...
 Combat: You're a lover, not a fighter.  You make sure your boyfriends do the fighting.  That's what they're there for.  Well that and money.  And snuggles when you're down.  Of course fights sometime lead to the opportunity to make newer, richer boyfriends...
 Advancement: Katgrrl's generally advance down pretty similar paths, doing their best to be wily and attractive.  How they choose to become the perfect femme fatale  may differ, but they all have the same end in mind.
Resources: Katgrrl's usually have a selection of sugar daddy's to help them, and their own sisterhood of course.  Grrl's gotta stick together.

KATGRRL'S IN THE WORLD
"I thought my heart stopped when she nibbled on my ear!"
 Katgrrl's are thought of as harmless sex objects.  Specifically everyone pays attention to their physical beauty to the point they don't really pay attention to the havoc their charms are wreaking.  Mata Hari has nothing on the Katgrrl clan.  Nations have fallen because one twitched an ear disapprovingly at an offending court functionary.
 Daily Life: You mostly spend your days performing, and making sure your fame and reputation spread.  After all you'll need new sources of money once the old ones get killed off by jealous rivals.  You also spend time casing their homes for valuables and doing your best to undermine competition for their affection.
 Notables: Kitten (CN Human Female Cat Burglar7/Katgrrl 5) is the best exotic dancer in the country.  People come from leagues away to see her perform.  And somehow always leave slightly less wealthy...  Christobel (CN Human Male Cat Burglar 7/Katgrrl 5) is infamous as being the only male to ever go the Katgrrl route to power (at least that anyone knows about).  He is hated far and wide for his ability to seduce the wealthy, and their progeny.  And by the other Katgrrl's for what they consider poaching their territory.
 Organizations: Katgrrl's tend to be solo con artists, but they do occasionally form Prides for protection from outsiders.  It's always nice to have backup when one of your snugglebunnies discover you have other..um..snugglebunnies.

NPC Reaction
 NPC's would generally kill their own family and walk a mile on broken glass just to say hi to you if they're male.  Female NPC's are generally inconsiderate in their descriptions of you *cough* jealous *cough*. 

KATGRRL'S IN THE GAME
 Make sure your PC's don't abuse this class to play the Diplomacy bot who just seduces every guard or villain they see.  The Katgrrl's are con artists and know the value of teasing, they aren't slutty bimbos.
 Adaptation: This one could probably go into semi serious campaigns as well as goofy ones.  Especially role playing intensive ones.
 Encounters: PC's will generally encounter Katgrrl's as the significant other of a rival, bbeg, employer, random npc nobles, clergy, etc.  They'll do their best to appear to be the helpless female companion, and if they do it right the PC's will never realize they were the power behind the throne.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: The PC's are asked to escort the fiancee of a local noble to a nearby city.  There are a few problems.  She's spoiled, she's less than half his age (which has so enraged some of the local religious nuts that they may kill her, or him, or you), she's his third wife after his last one died under mysterious circumstances (and there are rivals who will want her dead), and weird stuff seems to happen around her.  And she keeps winking at the Paladin and wiggling her cute little kitty ears...

Kitten
CN Female Human Cat Burglar 7/Katgrrl 5
Init +1 (+4 KF, +3 CF, +2 KG), Senses: Listen +x, Spot +x
Languages Common, Sylvan, Draconic
AC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+1 Dex, )
AC KF x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Size, +4 Dex, )
AC CF x, touch x, flat-footed x (+3 Dex, +1 Natural, )
AC KG x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Dex, )
hp x (12 HD)
Fort +4, Ref +11 (+4 KF, +3 CF, +2 KG), Will +6 
Jiggle Dodge +4
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee
Base Atk +8, Grp +7 (-5 KF)
Atk Options
Combat Gear
Abilities Str 8, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 18
Abilities KF Str 3, Dex 19
Abilities CF Str 8, Dex 17
Abilities KG Str 8, Dex 15
SQ Purr, Feline Empathy, Cat Powah +4, Kitty Form (Catfolk, Katgrrl), Beware the Power of the Hypnobutt (Fascinate, Suggestion), Burglaring (Evasion, Uncanny Dodge), Kitty Magic (Innocence, I Wuv U), Scamper Bonus
Feats Cunning Evasion, Hear the Unseen, Improved Diversion, Jibba Jabba, Persuasive, Weapon Finesse
Skills Balance +6, Bluff +16, Climb +4, Diplomacy +14, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +5, Forgery +5, Gather Information +10, Hide +7, Intimidate +6, Jump +3, Knowledge (Local, Nobility) +7, Listen +8, Move Silently +7, Open Lock +5, Perform (Dance) +19, Search +5, Sense Motive +8, Spot +8, Tumble +7, Use Magic Device +9
Possessions

EPIC KATGRRL

Hit Die: d8
Jiggle Dodge The Katgrrl's Jiggle Dodge Bonus increases by +2 at Level 23, and every 3 levels thereafter.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Katgrrl gains a Bonus Feat every 4 levels higher than 20th.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:03:20 AM by bhu »

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #532 on: September 12, 2010, 10:26:57 PM »
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #533 on: September 13, 2010, 05:17:26 AM »
LAZOR KITTEH

"Imma Chargin' Mah Lazor!"

The Cat Burglar Guilds realized at some point they lacked ranged firepower.  Some Warlocks were brought in and voila, Lazor Kittehs.  The decision is till out on whether or not this was a wise idea...

BECOMING A Lazor Kitteh
A few levels each in Warlock and Cat Burglar will do you.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Class Abilities:  Kitty Form, Eldritch Blast 2d6, at least 2 Eldritch Essence or Blast Shape Invocations
   Feats:  Lazor Kitteh
   Skills:   Knowledge (Arcana) 4 Ranks

Class Skills
The Lazor Kitteh's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, The Planes) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Lazor Feat, Lazor Invocations
2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Oh hi..I upgraded MAH LAZOR! +1d6
3. +2    +1     +1     +3    IMMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZOR! +1d8
4. +3    +1     +1     +4    Lazor Feat
5. +3    +1     +1     +4    Oh hi..I upgraded MAH LAZOR! +2d6
6. +4    +2     +2     +5    IMMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZOR! +2d8
7. +5    +2     +2     +5    Lazor Feat
8. +6    +2     +2     +6    Oh hi..I upgraded MAH LAZOR! +3d6
9. +6    +3     +3     +6    IMMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZOR! +3d8
10.+7    +3     +3     +7    Do not ---- with Lazor Kitteh

Weapon Proficiencies: Lazor kitteh's gain no new weapon proficiencies.

Lazor Invocations:Your Warlock and Lazor Kitteh Levels stack for purposes of Invocations you know, and how powerful they can be (Least, Lesser, etc).  However you are limited to Blast Shape and Eldritch Essence Invocations while taking levels of Lazor Kitteh. 

Lazor Feats: At 1st, 4th, and 7th level you may gain a Bonus Feat from the following list: Ability Focus (Eldritch Blast), Both Barrels, Defensive Blast, Eldritch Claws, Empower Spell Like Ability (Eldritch Blast), Extra Invocation, Grappling Blast, Greater Spell Penetration, Heighten Spell Like Ability, Improved Precise Shot, Maximize Spell Like Ability (Eldritch Blast), Point Blank Shot, Power Critical (Eldritch Blast), Precise Shot, Spell Penetration, Weapon Focus (Eldritch Blast).  Eldritch Claws and Grappling Blast Feats can be found in Dragon #358 or at the following:
http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Eldritch_Claws
http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Grappling_Blast

IMMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZOR! (Ex): At second level you may spend a move action to charge your Lazor. The next eldritch blast you fire deals an extra 1d8 damage.
This increases to 2d8 at 6th level and 3d8 at 9th level.

Oh hi...I upgraded MAH LAZOR! (Su): Identical to the Eldritch Blast ability listed on page 7 of the Complete Arcane.  Stacks with dice of Eldritch Blast gained from levels in other classes.

Do not ---- with Lazor Kitteh (Su):Once per day you may use Eldritch Blast with any Blast Shape or Eldritch Essence Invocation that allows a Saving Throw.  For this one Blast, your opponent does not get a Save and immediately takes full effect as if he had failed his Saving Throw.

PLAYING A LAZOR KITTEH
You are schooled to be support artillery for the other Cat Burglars. You're surprised there aren't more of you, zapping stuff is awesome... But then you realize the contests you and the guys have to se who can kill the most birds can be a tad not subtle.
 Combat: Your a blaster, so work on improving eldritch blast as much as you can.  After all you wont be getting many other Incantations...
 Advancement: Lazor Kittehs are pretty much restricted in advancement.  You give up versatility for enormous firepower.  Something in you simply can't resist using the Lazor at every given opportunity.  It is the solution to all of life's problems!
Resources: Besides the Guild you have whatever gave you your powers as a Warlock.  Assuming your long distant ancestors weren't the ones who made the original deal, and you just inherited their DNA.

LAZOR KITTEHS IN THE WORLD
"Darn cats and their laser eyes.  In my day the cats didn't have lasers and they caught the mice just fine!"
Loved by the Guilds, hated by their opponents describes you.  You do an awful lot of ranged spanking for your employers...
 Daily Life: You're either guarding something, or going along with a group raiding a place to provide support fire, or being sent to 'teach someone a lesson'.  Life is busy for a Lazor Kitteh.  Mostly cause your employers have learned that boredom gets you into trouble.
 Notables: The Siamese Flash (CN Male Human Cat Burglar 2/Warlock 4/Lazor Kitteh 6) is the top zapper of his Guild (and he's also the only one).  Ragdoll (CG Female Elf Cat Burglar 2/Warlock 4/Lazor Kitteh 6) is a retired Lazor Kitteh training her Guilds newbies.
 Organizations: Many Lazor Kittehs belong to some sort of club.  Sort of like a gun range for members only to have shooting competitions.  Or maybe a prankster society that delights in zapping pranks.

NPC Reaction
If your using your powers NPC reactions can generally be summed up as "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!  OMFG THE CATS HAVE DEVIL POWERS!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

LAZOR KITTEHS IN THE GAME
Lazor Kittehs are kinda like Warmages.  They do one thing and do it well.  But beyond that they nap a lot.  Which is better than "Hey guys...I bet we can shoot the King in the bollocks from here.  Who's in?"
 Adaptation: Definitely a silly campaigner.
 Encounters: PC's trying to raid a Cat Burglar Guild with Lazor Kittehs will be taking some serious blaster fire from them.  Or they may get them as bodyguards.  After all who expects the cat to be your support fire?

Sample Encounter
EL 12: There's a small cat sitting outside the Thieve's Guild your supposed to sneak into and steal plans from.  It seems to be getting irritated by biting flies.  It looks around, as if it were seeing if there was anyone around (which is of course just your paranoia).  Then rays of light from it's eyes blow the flies out of the sky.  Hmm....someone has not provided you critical, need to know information...

The Siamese Flash
CN Human Male Cat Burglar 2/Warlock 4/Lazor Kitteh 6)
Languages Common, Elven
AC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Dex, )
AC Small x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Size, +5 Dex, +4 Dodge, )
hp 42 (12 HD)
Fort +3, Ref +8 (+11 KF), Will +10 
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee
Base Atk +8, Grp +7
Atk Options Eldritch Blast 5d6, Sneak Attack +1d6,  IMMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZOR! +2d8
Combat Gear
Invocations Known Least: Devil's Sight, Eldritch Spear, Frightful Blast
Lesser: Beshadowed Blast, Eldritch Chain
Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 18
Abilities KF Str 3, Dex 20
SQ Kitty Form, Purr, Feline Empathy, Cat Powah +4, Kitty Magic (Missed Me!), Burglaring (Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge), Detect Magic, Deceive Item, DR 1/Cold Iron
Feats Both Barrels, Defensive Blast, Lazor Kitteh, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Finesse, Empower Spell-Like Ability (Eldritch Blast)(B), Maximize Spell-Like Ability (Eldritch Blast)(B)
Skills Balance +6, Bluff +8, Climb +3, Concentration +14, Hide +6, Jump +3, Knowledge (Arcana, Local) +5, Listen +5, Move Silently +6, Spellcraft +5, Spot +15, Tumble +6, Magic Device +19
Possessions

Defensive Blast
"Back off monkey boy!"
Prerequisites:Eldritch Blast, Precise Shot
Benefit: You may use your Eldritch Blast without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Both Barrels
"Hurts don't it monkey boy?"
Prerequisites:Eldritch Blast, Oh hi...I upgraded MAH LAZOR!!
Benefit: When using you Eldritch Blast you fire two Blasts at once.  Both Blasts must be aimed at the same target however, and each Blast does damage as if you were a Warlock 3 levels lower.  When using your IMMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZOR! ability, the extra dice applies to both Blasts, as do any Eldritch Essence or Blast Shape Invocations.

EPIC LAZOR KITTEH

Invocations: The Lazor Kitteh's Caster level is equal to his Character Level, but he doesn't gain any new Invocations after 20th level.
Oh hi..I upgraded MAH LAZOR!: The Lazor Kitteh gains another +1d6 at level 21, and every 3 levels thereafter.
IMMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZOR!:  The Lazor Kitteh gains another +1d8 at level 22 and every 3 levels thereafter.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Lazor Kitteh gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 04:41:28 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #534 on: September 14, 2010, 03:58:01 AM »
Radmelon: Two people have replied giving me an okay from GitP so far.  They're gonna run a kitteh thread over there, so once I get the PrC's revised up that they requested I shall be making your requestses. 

I'm still hoping the third guy will say hi...

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #535 on: September 14, 2010, 04:36:29 AM »
MORTICIAN

"You want the Babaganoosh family should stay dead, you needs to pay up brotha." BECOMING A MORTICIAN
Mortician's must have the ability to create Undead, so there will obviously be a few levels in some sort of casting class.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Class Abilities:  Kitty Form, must be able to create undead, whether by spells or other abilities
   Feats:  Bolster Resistance, Corpsecrafter, Undead Leadership
   Skills:  Gather Information 4 ranks, Knowledge (Local, Religion) 4 ranks
   Saves:  Base Fortitude or Willpower Save must be +5
   Special:  Must be accepted and trained by a Mortician.

Class Skills
 The Mortician's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Dex), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Local, Religion)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Hit Dice: d4

1. +0    +0     +0     +2    BRAINS!, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class
2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Information Gathering
3. +1    +1     +1     +3    Feat, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class
4. +2    +1     +1     +4    BRAINS!, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class
5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Information Gathering
6. +3    +2     +2     +5    Feat, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class
7. +3    +2     +2     +5    BRAINS!, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class
8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Information Gathering
9. +4    +3     +3     +6    Feat, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class
10.+5    +3     +3     +7    VAMPIRES! VAMPIRES EVERYWHERE!, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class

Weapon Proficiencies: Morticians gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

BRAINS! (Su): At 1st level, anytime you use your spells or class abilities to animate a corpse into undead, you may opt to reanimate them with their Intelligence score and full memories intact even if they would normally be mindless (i.e. zombies, skeletons, etc).  While they will not harm you unless attacked, they are not necessarily under your control.  They are however fairly pissed about being dead, and you will need to talk them out of immediate and bloody vengeance on their killers if they are to help in your schemes.

At 4th level undead you animate can have their full Wisdom and Charisma scores.

At 7th level undead you animate can have all their skills/feats/class abilities they had in life.  Abilities based off of Constitution are now based off of Charisma instead.

Information Gathering (Sp): At 2nd level you may cast Speak With Dead at will as a Spell-Like Ability.

At 5th level when using this ability the duration is unlimited and you ask as many questions as you wish.  If the Speak With Dead spell has previously been cast upon this corpse within the last week your ability still works. 

At 8th level the corpse gets no Saving Throw against this ability.

Feat: At level 3 you get Necromantic Presence as a Bonus Feat.  At level 6 you get Necromantic Might as a Bonus Feat.  At level 9 you gain Nimble Bones as a Bonus Feat.

VAMPIRES! VAMPIRES EVERYWHERE! (Su): At 10th level you may opt to make any Undead you animate via spells a Vampire instead of the usual undead it creates.  This is mostly used to blackmail people because lets face it who wants vampires around.  The threat of you using this ability can make for some nice cash...

PLAYING A MORTICIAN
 You blackmail the worst of the worst.  You can reanimate the victims of the local bad guys to testify against them in court as to who put them in the ground.  That makes people a weee bit nervous, and definitely willing to cough up some money.  And of course more willing to hunt you down...
 Combat: Combat isn't your strong suit.  You raise dead guys who can do that though.  And they seem to like it, specially if the opponent has blood or braaaaaiiiinsss...
 Advancement: Many Morticians become oddly proficient necromancers despite their corpse monster making focus.  Some end up running Thieve's Guilds with zombies.  It's a sight to behold lemme tell ya.
Resources: Morticians have the Cat Burglar Guilds to draw on, and the knowledge of their recently dead buddies.  Anytime someone dies, they gain a new bit of knowledge if they can learn where the body is.

MORTICIANS IN THE WORLD
"Keep them dam cats away from the coffins!"
 The world is full of bad people.  The afterlife is full of nice people killed by bad people.  Sometimes it's nice to arrange for the two of them to meet.  A mediator of sorts.  Yes, that's you.   It's especially rewarding when you reanimate the wedded couple killed by the local Don and arm them before showing them to his residence.
 Daily Life: You spend most of your time looking for easy marks..er..bad people.  Yes, bad people.  People who have secrets.  Secrets they need to stay dead.  And of course then you have to find out where those secrets are buried.
 Notables: Zorba (CN Human Male Dread Necromancer 6/Mortician 6) is a self styled champion of the dead. He brings back murder victims to get their own revenge.  Zagorka (CE Female Gnome Sorcerer 6/Mortiican 6) is a blackmailer and a thief.  A thief who steals by getting the secrets of dead people.
 Organizations: Morticians are a loose alliance, always willing to help a brother in trouble.  And since Morticians are frequently in trouble, that's a pretty good thing.  And of course there's always the Cat Burglar Guild if you haven't split off and gone solo.

NPC Reaction
 NPC's tend to think you're a kitty.  Until they see you hopping over graves, and monsters clawing their way up.  Then it's pants changing time.

MORTICIANS IN THE GAME
 The Mortician is kind of a weird class.  You could play it many different ways, and it could be troublesome to certain styles of campaigns such as mysteries.
 Adaptation: This could go in a horror setting as well, preferably in awakened cat Guilds.  But in goofy campaign the amount of endless trouble you can cause should be darned amusing.
 Encounters: PC's will tend to encounter Morticians in graveyards, or wherever bodies are kept after death.  Sometimes they can also be seen accompanying their undead charges on raids.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: You have been hired to watch over a funeral at which your employer believes a bad event he refuses to be specific about will occur.  A small kitty jumps on the coffin, and then a zombie roars up from it accusing your employer of murdering him just before he bites the head off some old lady.  God, you really hate some of these assignments.

Zorba
(CN Human Male Cat Burglar 1/Dread Necromancer 5/Mortician 6)
Languages Common, Goblin
AC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Dex, )
AC KF x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Size, +5 Dex, )
hp 36 (12 HD)
Fort +3, Ref +7 (+10 KF), Will +10 
Mental Bastion
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee
Base Atk +6, Grp +5 (-7 KF)
Atk Options Charnel Touch (1d8+1), Negative Energy Burst 1/day (6d4, DC 20)
Combat Gear
Spells Per Day 1st: 7 (DC 15)
2nd: 7 (DC 16)
3rd: 7 (DC 17)
4th: 5 (DC 18)
Caster Level 9
Supernatural Abilities Rebuke Undead 7/day, Fear Aura (DC 20)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 18
Abilities KF/B] Str 3, Dex 20
SQ DR 2/Bludgeoning and Magic, Purr, Feline Empathy, Cat Powah +4, Kitty Form, Advanced Learning (Shroud of Undeath)
Feats Bolster Resistance, Corpsecrafter, Quicken Turning, Undead Leadership, Unquenchable Flame of Life, Vampire Hunter, Necromantic Presence (B), Necromantic Might (B)
Skills Balance +6, Bluff +12, Concentrate +4, Climb +3, Diplomacy +10, Gather Information +8, Hide +10, Intimidate +12, Knowledge (Local, Religion) +5, Listen +5, Move Silently +8, Search +5, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +4, Spot +5, Use Magic Device +8
Possessions

EPIC MORTICIAN

Hit Die: d4
Spells The Morticians Caster Level continues to rise, but it doesn't gain additional spells per day.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Mortician gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 04:15:37 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #536 on: September 15, 2010, 04:42:07 AM »
NINELIFER

"I can't help but notice you have the accuracy of a drunken leper when firing that bow."

Some cats get all the luck.  You back yours up with magic.  Or maybe you've conveniently blackmailed the Gawds somehow. 

BECOMING A NINELIFER
You can go into Ninelifer with virtually any class as long as it shares some class skills.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Class Abilities:  Kitty Form
   Feats:  Any 2 Luck Feats
   Skills:   Any 2 Ninelifer Class Skills 8 Ranks

Class Skills
 The Ninelifer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Diplomacy (Cha), Hide (Dex), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Cha, and Spot (Wis).

1. +0    +0     +2     +2    Extra Life (x1)
2. +1    +0     +3     +3    Luck Feat
3. +2    +1     +3     +3    Extra Life (x3)
4. +3    +1     +4     +4    Luck Feat
5. +3    +1     +4     +4    Extra Life (x5)
6. +4    +2     +5     +5    Luck Feat
7. +5    +2     +5     +5    Extra Life (x7)
8. +6    +2     +6     +6    Luck Feat
9. +6    +3     +6     +6    Extra Life (x9)
10.+7    +3     +7     +7    The Universe Likes Mr. Cuddles

Weapon Proficiencies: A Ninelifer gains no new weapon proficiencies.

Extra Life (Su): At 1st level, anytime something would do enough damage to kill you you may make a Reflex Save (DC: 10 plus half opponents Hit Dice, plus his Charisma modifier) to not take that hit. It never happened.  You may do this once per day.

At 3rd level you may use you Extra Life ability 3 times per day.  And you may use it to immediately stabilize yourself if you are below 0 hit points (DC Save is not required for stabilization).

At 5th level you may use it 5 times per day, and you may use it to ignore any attack that would put you into negative hit points (DC Save is same).

At 7th level you may use it 7 times per day, and you may use it to avoid taking Skirmish, Sneak Attack, or Sudden Strike Damage (DC Save is same).

At 9th level you may use it 9 times per day, and you may use it to avoid Save or Die Effects if you fail the Saving throw (DC Save is same). Regardless of how many uses of this ability you have you may only use 1 of them against any specific attack/spell/etc.  In other words if you fail a Save vs Finger of Death, you get one attempt with Extra Life against that particular use of that spell.  If they try again with another Finger of Death spell you get another use against it.

Luck Feat: At 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th level you may take a bonus Luck Feat from the following list: Advantageous Avoidance, Danger Sense, Dive for Cover, Dumb Luck, Good Karma, Healers Luck, Lucky Catch, Lucky Fingers, Lucky Start, Make Your Own Luck, Misers Fortune, Sly Fortune, Survivors Luck, Tempting Fate, Unbelievable Luck (see Complete Scoundrel for most of these).

The Universe Likes Mr. Cuddles (Su): At 10th level you can manipulate reality in small ways.  If you are being attacked/targeted for a spell or effect/etc, you may expend one Luck reroll as an Immediate action to Stun that opponent for 1 round, or 2 Luck rerolls to Stun all opponents within 30'.  Perhaps he swallows a bee, or has a minor drop in blood pressure, or he got a bad meal that's caught up with him.  Maybe his left testicle spontaneously implodes for 1/10th of a second for no viable reason, but it must be worded in any way that could theoretically work.  The opponent(s) do not get a Saving throw.  Optionally you may also expend 1 Luck reroll to gain a Luck Bonus equal to half your Effective Character Level on any roll of your choice as an immediate action.  If you are completely broke, and need money, you may expand 1 Luck reroll to 'find' 1d6 gold pieces.

PLAYING A NINELIFER
You are a gambler at life, using your magic to interfere with probability to make things come out the way you want.  Your seemingly infinite good luck makes you a lot of enemies though.  Everybody wants good luck, and if they can't have heir own they can steal yours or kill you in spite.
 Combat: You aren't a fighter.  But with luck your class abilities will keep you from being hurt let alone killed.  Which is great if you like teasing opponents more powerful than you.
 Advancement: Ninelifers mostly just try to accumulate luck.  Kinda straightforward for kitties.  Many also try to accumulate wine, women, and wealth but the luck is responsible for much of that.
Resources: The Ninelifer has the Guilds of course, but his best resource is his own luck.  Things tend to go your way, despite however badly others might want them not to.

NINELIFERS IN THE WORLD
"I got beat at poker by a cat today.  I'll be in my room hanging myself if someone wants me."
Ninelifers just sort of drift through life seeing what comes their way.  Most are confidence tricksters or meddlers of some sort.
 Daily Life: You are pretty much like any other Cat Burglar, wheedling your way into homes or adventure.  You have an edge when it comes to your luck though.  In fact you rarely make plans at all, just waiting to see what drops into your lap.
 Notables: Tumbles (CN Human Male Cat Burglar 5/Fortune's Friend 3/Ninelifer 4) is a con man who defends the Guild by causing trouble for their enemies.  Niblets (CG Female Elf Cat Burglar 5/Ninelifer 7) is an adventurer and on again/off again associate of the Guilds.
 Organizations: Ninelifers rarely have any organized groups.  They are aloof, even among their brother Cat Burglars.

NPC Reaction
NPC's hate you like few other things on this earth.  Stuff always seems to go your way, you never seem to get caught, you always get the bling...  On the other hand your a great recruiting tool for the Cat Burglar Guilds as you somehow seem to make it look so glamorous.

NINELIFERS IN THE GAME
The reliance Ninelifers have on rerolls make them a wild card.  Potentially they have the ability to really monkey wrench you.
 Adaptation: Ninelifers are definitely for silly campaigns.
 Encounters: Ninelifers seem to encounter people when its best or worst for them.  So likely you'll be on the receiving end of some scheme they have, or just an innocent bystander.  If one is actually helping you you may be all off the above.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: You've been playing poker in a bar all day with a cat, when some guy busts in and accuses the cat of sleeping with his wife.  After which the bar stares at him for several long moments before beating him senseless and chucking him back outside.  The cat winks at you, and your confident sense that all is well with the universe crumbles like stinky cheese.

Tumbles
CN Human Cat Burglar 5/Fortune's Friend 3/Ninelifer 4
Init +3 (+6 KF, +7 KiF), Senses: Listen +10, Spot +5
Languages Common, Elven
AC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+3 Dex, +3 Dodge, )
AC Tiny x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Size, +6 Dex, +3 Dodge, )
AC Diminutive x, touch x, flat-footed x (+4 Size, +7 Dex, +3 Dodge, )
hp 42 (12 HD)
Fort +3 (+5 if you still have luck rerolls for the day), Ref +14 (+17 KF, +18 KiF), Will +7 
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee
Base Atk +7, Grp +6
Atk Options 10 Luck rerolls
Combat Gear
Supernatural Abilities Extra Life x3
Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 16
Abilities KF Str 3, Dex 22
Abilities KiF Str 2, Dex 24
SQ Feline Empathy, Purr, Kitty Form (Kitten Form), Cat Powah +3, Kitty Magic (Let Sleeping Kitties Lie, Missed Me!), Burglaring (Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Kitty Form (Swift), Easy Luck, More Luck Than Skill
Feats Advantageous Avoidance, Dumb Luck, Lucky Start, Make Your Own Luck, Tempting Fate, Weapon Finesse,  Survivor's Luck (B), Unbelievable Luck (B)
Skills Bluff +11, Balance +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +11, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +7, Gather Information +8, Hide +12, Jump +3, Knowledge (Local, Nobility) +5, Listen +10, Move Silently +12, Open Lock +7, Search +5, Sense Motive +10, Sleight of Hand +7, Spot +5, Tumble +8, Use Magic Device +7
Possessions

EPIC NINELIFER

Bonus Feats: The Epic Ninelifer gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 04:26:29 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #537 on: September 15, 2010, 04:59:02 AM »
Okay does the Katgrrl seem undoable?  There's some complaint over at GitP about i.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #538 on: September 15, 2010, 12:06:07 PM »
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #539 on: September 15, 2010, 04:07:33 PM »
I has seen it many times  :D

Classic stuff, prolly Wizards best writing  :D