Author Topic: Uncle Kitties Handbook O' Kittehs  (Read 191070 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Uncle Kitties Handbook O' Kittehs
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2009, 08:28:47 AM »
The point of the Catnipper is making cursed Potions.  For example making a Potion of Confusion that causes problems for whoever drinks it.  It's become apparent that perhaps I may not have spelled this out clearly enough.  Do you guys think i need to reword some stuff?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2009, 03:23:33 AM »
catnipper revised and done, and now fro one more PrC before we move on to the Epic PrC's for a bit

TRICKSTER

"Of course Ogres are repelled by Ice Cream.  Everyone knows this.  Everyone."

A trickster is a Cat Burglar who has become inspired by the old "Puss in Boots" fairy tale.  They specialize in outwitting opponents as opposed to outfighting them.  Their purpose is to become powers behind the throne by helping gullible people achieve power and being their only reliable and trusted adviser.

BECOMING A TRICKSTER
Most Tricksters begin as Cat Burglar/Swashbucklers who drift into this class.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Class Abilities:  Kitty Form, Insightful Strike
   Feats:  Daring Fuzzball, Jibba Jabba, Leadership (must take a cohort)
   Skill Tricks:  Must have at least 2 skill tricks (see Complete Scoundrel)
   Skills:  Bluff 8 ranks, Diplomacy 8 ranks, Gather Information 4 ranks, Sense Motive 8 ranks
   Special:  Must have acquired either a Collar or Bag of Holding and a pair of magical boots, preferably without paying for it.

Class Skills
 The Trickster's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local, Nobility)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Ride (Dex, Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code: [Select]
[b]   BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities[/b]
1. +0    +0     +2     +2    Deceive Item, Quick Kitty
2. +1    +0     +3     +3    Bonus Feat
3. +1    +1     +3     +3    Bonus Trick
4. +2    +1     +4     +4    Fibber
5. +2    +1     +4     +4    Bonus Feat
6. +3    +2     +5     +5    Bonus Trick
7. +3    +2     +5     +5    Wisdom of the Cat
8. +4    +2     +6     +6    Bonus Feat
9. +4    +3     +6     +6    Bonus Trick
10.+5    +3     +7     +7    Master Trickster

Weapon Proficiencies: A Trickster gains no new armor or weapon proficiencies.

Deceive Item (Ex): You may always take 10 on Use magic Item checks, even if threatened or endangered.

Quick Kitty (Ex): Your Trickster and Swashbuckler Levels stack for purposes of determining you Bonus for the Grace and Dodge Bonus Class Features.

Bonus Feat (Ex): At levels 2, 5, and 8 you gain a Bonus Feat you meet the prerequisites for.

Bonus Trick (Ex): At levels 3, 6, and 9 you gain a Bonus Skill Trick that you qualify for.  You do not have to pay skill points for these tricks, and they do not count toward your limit of Skill Tricks known.

Fibber (Ex): You may always Take 10 on Bluff, Diplomacy, or Disguise Checks.

Wisdom of the Cat (Ex): You may always take 10 on Search, Sense Motive, and Survival Checks. 

Master Trickster (Su):  You have refined a skill to the point of having supernatural abilities with it.  Choose any three skills you have at least 12 ranks in from the following list: Balance, Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, or Tumble.  You may always Take 10 on those three skills, and any Skill Trick that has ranks in one of those skills as a prerequisite may be used freely instead of once per encounter.

PLAYING A TRICKSTER
 People are gullible at best, and even the most cynical one has a chink in their mental armor you can exploit.  The best way to win a fight is to convince an opponent that you are is friend.  Failing that if you can convince him to kill himself you wont have to make the physical effort to do so.  If you can win fame and fortune by doing so even better.
 Combat: Tricksters prefer to avoid combat, and rely on their wits and agility if forced into it.  Most will lead their opponent into a trap of some sort rather than slug it out.
 Advancement: Tricksters prefer to advance some catspaw (i.e. your cohort) that seems gullible and naive.  By using him as a figurehead it throws of the opposition who almost immediately underestimate what he and his 'pet kitty' can do.
Resources: Tricksters usually have the wealth they bestow on patrons (i.e. your cohort who foolishly believes himself to be in charge) by helping them increase their social station to draw upon.  Some have financed minor revolutions by putting a goober into power, and making all the hard decisions for him.

TRICKSTERS IN THE WORLD
"How mush would you charge to kill the pet cat of the Marquis de Carabas?"
 People either love or hate you, and which tendency they pursue is based on whether or not you've somehow screwed them over on your way to the top.  Of course if you have any common sense you'll have done away with all the people you screwed over on your rise to the top, as well as their close relatives who may be revenge minded.  Always remember to think ahead.
 Daily Life: Your daily activities are based around promoting your "patron", whether thinking up new schemes or taking action on those you've already conceived.
 Notables: The Master Cat (CN Male Awakened Cat Cat Burglar 1/Swashbuckler5/Trickster 6) is the originator of this particular form of Cat Burglary.  Lucian Montoya (CN Human Male Cat Burglar 1/Swashbuckler 5/Trickster 6) was his first human apprentice.
 Organizations: The Tricksters tend to be loners, and ex members of Cat Burglar Guilds.  Due to this they have no organization behind them, although some end up heading one.

NPC Reaction
 The lower classes tend to love you because you spend much time sticking it to the pompous nobility and violent criminals.  The Nobility and violent criminals would like to make you into a hat.

TRICKSTERS IN THE GAME
 This class might tend to attract showboats.  Make sure they don't take over the campaign.
 Adaptation: This is definitely meant for silly campaigns, although it could see use in a serious campaign with some rewording of the fluff.
 Encounters: Tricksters tend to be encountered on errands for their "Master", or at his side giving council.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: The PC's have been asked to track down and bring in the Marquis de Carabas, and his cat.  God alone knows why they keep mentioning the cat but they're very specific.  It's almost as if they're more afraid of the cat than the marquis.  Not that you can blame them.  Looking at him he doesn't seem to be much.  He even urinated himself at the site of the parties barbarian...

Lucian Montoya
CN Human Male Cat Burglar 1/Swashbuckler 5/Trickster 6
Init +1 (+3 Small, +4 Tiny, +5 Diminutive), Senses: Listen +8, Spot +8, Low Light Vision and Scent in Kitty Form
Languages Common, Giant, Goblin
------------------------------------------------
AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+1 Dex, +7 Armor)
AC Small 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18 (+1 Size, +3 Dex, +7 Armor)
AC Tiny 23, touch 14, flat-footed 19 (+2 Size, +4 Dex, +7 Armor)
AC Diminutive 26, touch 15, flat-footed 21 (+4 Size, +5 Dex, +7 Armor)
Dodge Bonus +2
hp 52 (12 HD)
Fort +6, Ref +9 (+11 Small, +12 Tiny, +13 Diminutive), Will +8 
Grace +2
------------------------------------------------
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 Rapier +10/+5 (1d6/18-20)
Melee Small 2 Claws +12 melee (1d3-3) and 1 Bite +7 melee (1d4-3)
Melee Tiny 2 Claws +14 melee (1d2-3) and 1 Bite +9 melee (1d3-3)
Melee Diminutive 2 Claws +17 melee (1 point) and 1 Bite +12 melee (1d2-4)
Base Atk +8, Grp +7 (+1 Small, -4 Tiny, -8 Diminutive)
Atk Options Insightful Strike (+2), +3d6 Sneak Attack
Combat Gear 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 8, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 16
Abilities Small Str 4, Dex 17
Abilities Tiny Str 3, Dex 19
Abilities Diminutive Str 2, Dex 21
SQ Trapfinding, Purr, Kitty Form
Feats Alley Cat x2, Anklebiter, Daring Fuzzball, Jibba Jabba, Leadership, Weapon Finesse (B)
Skills  Appraise +6, Balance +5, Bluff +11, Climb +9, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +7, Gather Information +7, Hide +9, Jump +7, Knowledge (Local, Nobility) +9, Listen +8, Move Silently +9, Search +10, Sense Motive +10, Spot +8, Tumble +9, Use Magic Device +9
Skill Tricks Leaping Climber, Up the Hill, Twisted Charge, Wall Jumper
Possessions Gloves of Man, Boots of Man, Collar of Holding, Cute Widdle Bowsies, +1 Deadly Precision Parrying Rapier, +5 Leather Armor, 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 270 GP

EPIC TRICKSTER

Hit Die: d6
Skills Points at Each  Level : 6 + int
Bonus Trick At level 23 and every 3 levels thereafter you receive a Bonus Skill Trick that you qualify for.  You do not have to pay skill points for these tricks, and they do not count toward your limit of Skill Tricks known.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Trickster gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:09:55 AM by bhu »

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2009, 02:37:24 PM »
Last one? but what about my robokitty idea? <sniffle>

...anyway, epic prcs sound good.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2009, 07:38:20 PM »
I want to play a game based on your kitty stuff.  That would be so awesome.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2009, 12:45:20 AM »
Last one? but what about my robokitty idea? <sniffle>

...anyway, epic prcs sound good.

Last one for now :D

There will be more coming I jsut wanted to do a few Epic Kittehs

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2009, 09:23:21 PM »
I've seen these skill tricks around, but as more proof that I have nowhere near enough books, where are they, and what do you need to do to get them?

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2009, 09:33:57 PM »
Complete Scoundrel, and you only have to spend two skill points to get one.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2009, 08:30:23 AM »
Any thoughts on the Capstone?

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2009, 05:34:45 PM »
I dunno. By this point, you're 15th level, you already have at least five skill tricks...It seems a bit lackluster to me, but I'm not sure what you could do with it.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2009, 08:44:51 PM »
Could have the capstone allow you to use your skill tricks twice an encounter instead of once if you want less lackluster?
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2009, 08:46:46 PM »
Crazy thought here, and I've given this exactly no consideration, but would it be unbalanced to allow the use of skill tricks as much as you wanted? I'm 99% sure there's a way to break this, but for a class focused on skill tricks that's 10 levels long, it seems fitting.

Waiting for the hammer to fall...

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2009, 11:43:11 AM »
Crazy thought here, and I've given this exactly no consideration, but would it be unbalanced to allow the use of skill tricks as much as you wanted? I'm 99% sure there's a way to break this, but for a class focused on skill tricks that's 10 levels long, it seems fitting.
I'm with this myself. And hell, add some 'advanced' versions of tricks available only to the tricky kitty, useable 1/encounter.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2009, 12:35:41 AM »
That sounds better than the revision I made last night.  Also edited in Boots of Man to the front page.  Based it off gloves of man.   Both seem rather expensive.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2009, 08:43:23 AM »
Okay my initial thought was to give the example NPC Gloves and Boots of Man, but they're 42000 gold apiece.  That seems awfully expensive for the little benefit they give.  I'm thinking I need to revise that somehow.  But what spell would I use for the prerequisite other than polymorph?

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2009, 08:43:25 PM »
Alter self?
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2009, 06:35:32 AM »
Seems feasible.  I tweaked the capstone.  Think I need any other skills added to the possible tricks list? If not I'll go ahead and fill the abilities in.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2009, 08:59:22 AM »
Okay what if I use Greater Mage Hand as the prerequiste for Gloves of Man, or make up a second level spell?  Theres a 2nd level Transmutation spell called Fins to Feet that sort of fits for the boots of man.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2009, 08:53:52 AM »
Whilst I work out the issues with the Trickster, here's a preview of the Epic Classes upcoming:

Cheshire Cat
Der Panzerkatzen
Go Go Catzilla!

Lemme know which you'd like to see first, and it will be next.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2009, 11:06:12 AM »
Whilst I work out the issues with the Trickster, here's a preview of the Epic Classes upcoming:

Cheshire Cat
Der Panzerkatzen
Go Go Catzilla!

Lemme know which you'd like to see first, and it will be next.
I vote Irthos Cheshire Cat.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2009, 05:37:01 PM »
Ohh, no. Der Panzerkatzen must be first.