Author Topic: Uncle Kitties Handbook O' Kittehs  (Read 191130 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Uncle Kitties Handbook O' Kittehs
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2009, 07:26:40 AM »
yeah i kinda thought of warlock as an arcane caster.  I don't have Incarnum though so I cant really extend hte PrC to it cept by accident.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2009, 09:18:00 AM »
Any thoughts on the abilities so far?  Im thinking of whether I should go for full caster levels or more class abilities.

Snizor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2009, 03:01:24 PM »
I'd probably aim for 10/10 or 9/10 casting since you already have to give up a level of spellcasting to qualify in the first place.

BRAINS! (Su): At 1st level, anytime you use your spells or class abilities to animate a corpse into undead, you may opt to reanimate them with their Intelligence score and full memories intact even if they would normally be mindless (i.e. zombies, skeletons, etc).  While they will not harm you unless attacked, they are not necessarily under your control.

Do you intend for this to allow normally mindless undead types to keep the feats/skills they had when they were alive (which are normally lost when becoming mindless)?

The Collected Works of Snizor:<br />Collection of Necromatic Oddities<br />Mechonomicon

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2009, 07:17:51 AM »
yup

Possibly not immediately, maybe further down the line, but yes.  The downside being you cant control them...

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2009, 07:50:18 AM »
Okay the class abilities are done except for the capstone, and how many caster levels they keep. Thoughts?

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2009, 08:16:44 PM »
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Feats:  Bolster Resistance, Corpsecrafter, Undead Leadership
Feat: At level 2 you get Corpsecrafter as a Bonus Feat.  At level 6 you get Bolster Resistance as a Bonus Feat.  At level 9 you gain Nimble Bones as a Bonus Feat.

How does this work?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2009, 07:46:25 AM »
You get to retrain the old ones?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2009, 09:30:26 AM »
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Feats:  Bolster Resistance, Corpsecrafter, Undead Leadership
Feat: At level 2 you get Corpsecrafter as a Bonus Feat.  At level 6 you get Bolster Resistance as a Bonus Feat.  At level 9 you gain Nimble Bones as a Bonus Feat.

How does this work?

Sigh...I gotta start proofreading more...

Thanks man

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2009, 09:45:02 AM »
Bonus Feats fixed.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2009, 08:37:13 AM »
caster levels and capstone edited in.  Any thoughts?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2009, 08:47:50 AM »
CATNIPPER

"Herbs for sale! Herbs to heal the pain! Herbs to cure diseases! Herbs to make your husband a man again! Herbs for sale!"

Catnippers are herbalists and healers.  They are also members of the infamous Cat Burglars Guilds, and makers of some very questionable substances.  They constantly experiment with herbal and alchemical combination's to figure out how to enhance the abilities of Guild members (or disable the abilities of others).  They're also a little crazy from constant exposure to toxins and from sampling their experiments.

BECOMING A CATNIPPER
You'll need at least 1 level of Cat Burglar, and some kind of spellcasting class for the Alchemical studies.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Class Abilities:  Kitty Form, must be able to cast Arcane or Divine  Spells
   Skills:  Craft (Alchemy, Poisonmaking) 4 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane, Nature) 4 ranks
   Feats:  Brew Potion, Spell Focus (Enchantment is common, but it can be any school).

Class Skills
 The Catnipper's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Arcana, Local, Nature)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d6

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
1. +0    +0     +2     +2    Enhanced Potion Brewing, Poison Use
2. +1    +0     +3     +3    No I'm Not Crazy, Why Do You Keep Asking?, +1 level of spellcasting class
3. +1    +1     +3     +3    Enhanced Poison Crafting, +1 level of spellcasting class
4. +2    +1     +4     +4    Enhanced Potion Brewing
5. +2    +1     +4     +4    No I'm Not Crazy, Why Do You Keep Asking?, +1 level of spellcasting class
6. +3    +2     +5     +5    Enhanced Poison Crafting, +1 level of spellcasting class
7. +3    +2     +5     +5    Enhanced Potion Brewing
8. +4    +2     +6     +6    No I'm Not Crazy, Why Do You Keep Asking?, +1 level of spellcasting class
9. +4    +3     +6     +6    Enhanced Poison Crafting, +1 level of spellcasting class
10.+5    +3     +7     +7    Meister Herbalist, +1 level of spellcasting class

Weapon Proficiencies: Catnippers gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Enhanced Potion Brewing (Su): At 1st level the Catnipper learns to make Potions from 4th level spells, and gains Exceptional Artisan as a Bonus Feat.

At 4th level he can make Potions from 5th level spells, and gains Extraordinary Artisan as a Bonus Feat.

At 7th level he can make Potions from 6th level spells, and gains Legendary Artisan as a Bonus Feat.

Poison Use (Ex): Catnippers are well trained in the handling of poisons and never risk accidentally poisoning themselves.

No I'm Not Crazy, Why Do You Keep Asking? (Su):  At 2nd level you're a little whacked out from all the chemicals and such you've been exposed to.  Plus you've occasionally tasted your latest potion to see what it does.  Probably not a good move on your part.  You gain a Bonus on all Saving Throws against Illusion or Enchantment spells equal to your Charisma Bonus, but take a similar penalty on all Wisdom based checks (except Spot and Listen).

At 5th level you get a Bonus on all Fortitude Saves equal to your Charisma Bonus, but take a similar Penalty to all Charisma based checks (except Intimidate and Use Magic Device).

At 8th level you are pretty much living in your own world.  You take no damage from spells from the Illusion school.

Enhanced Poison Crafting (Ex): At 3rd level Inhaled or Ingested Poisons created by the Catnipper have their Save DC's increased by +2.

At 6th level the Catnipper's Inhaled and Ingested Poisons do +1 damage per die.  For example if the poison does 1d6 Con it now does 1d6+1.  If it does 2d6 it now does 2d6+2.

At 9th level the Save DC's of the Catnipper's Inhaled or Ingested Poisons increases by an additional +2.

Meister Herbalist (Ex): You make exceptionally potent potions.  All potions crafted by you have their duration increased as if they had been cast with the Extend Spell Feat.  If they have a harmful effect, their Save DC is increased +2. Your potions may be made colorless and tasteless now if you wish.

PLAYING A CATNIPPER
 Catnippers are master herbalists, and many are also minor spellcasters as well.  They tend to study just enough magic to be able to make their potions and herbal remedies, and maybe perform a few neat tricks when they need a way out of a jam.  The real threat is the poisons they can make.
 Combat: Catnippers aren't really combatants, but they can enhance those who are.  Or poisoning them, one of the two.
 Advancement: Advancement depends on what the Alchemist has been sampling and what weird whim he gets one night at 3 am.  Seriously they're a weird bunch.  Some are out to heal the world, and soem are out to burn it down. 
Resources: Catnippers always have the Guilds to rely on, and if their abilities are known perhaps a local rich patron or two...

CATNIPPERS IN THE WORLD
"Man, don't eat any of Bob's brownies.  I had two or three of them last night and woke up married to an Orc chick."
 People are usually happy to see you.  You have the herbs necessary to help with life's little complaints that the Clerics can't be bothered to use spells for.  Plus you tend to be cheaper than them, and your customers don't have to pay lip service to your deity.
 Daily Life: Much of your day is devoted to searching for/buying/trading/selling herbs and potions.  You get to funnel money to the Guild this way legally, and make a nice chunk for yourself as well.  Depending on your alignment you also have opportunities to heal or harm people.
 Notables: Marie Lamartine (CE Human Female Cat Burglar 1/Wizard 5/Catnipper 6) is ranked among the expert poisoners of the world.  Juan Martinez (Cat Burglar 3/Druid 3/Catnipper 6) is a local herb farmer, and healer of note.
 Organizations: The Catnippers are like an organization inside an organization.  They usually try to remain in close contact with one another, and trade recipes and new ideas and information.

NPC Reaction
 NPC reaction will vary depending on whether they know what you are, and what side of the law they're on.  Authorities frown on people selling deadly nightshade as "a sleep aid". 

CATNIPPERS IN THE GAME
 While the obvious joke is the idea of the Catnipper as a parody of a marijuana dealer, they aren't just potheads.  They do have actual uses, and care more about their fellow Guild Members than using illicit substances.  Most are actually more like the Vodoun Houngans who have mastered using poisons to achieve effects.
 Adaptation: Catnippers are written for a silly campaign, but they could also go in a horror campaign that had some pretty black humor.
 Encounters: PC's can encounter Catnippers as herbalists or healers, or if they need to buy poison, or perhaps they require some sort of mind altering substance.  They may find out the poisons being used on them come from one and he has the antidote as well.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: One of the PC's has been poisoned with a rather nasty hallucinogen, and they are told a local woman can cure him...for a price.  She wants a particular book from someone who isn't willing to sell.  Breaking into the house of this aforementioned someone the PC's learn she's the only one supposed to be capable of making the poison that's infected their friend. Hmm...

Marie Lamartine
CE Human Female Cat Burglar 1/Wizard 5/Catnipper 6
Init +1 (+3 Small), Senses: Listen +10, Spot +8, Low Light Vision and Scent in Kitty Form, Alertness if Familiar is near
Languages Common, Goblin, Elven, Sylvan
------------------------------------------------
AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+1 Dex, +6 Armor)
AC Small 20, touch 14, flat-footed 17 (+1 Size, +3 Dex, +6 Armor)
hp 37 (12 HD)
Fort +3, Ref +9 (+10 Small), Will +11 
------------------------------------------------
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 Dagger +4 (1d4)
Ranged +1 Dagger +6 (1d4+1)
Base Atk +5, Grp +4 (-3 Small)
Atk Options +1d6 Sneak Attack
Combat Gear Potions
Spells Per Day 0: 4 (DC 13)
1st: 5 (DC 14)
2nd: 4 (DC 15)
3rd: 3 (DC 16)
4th: 1 (DC 17)
Caster Level 7th
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 8, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 14
Abilities Small Str 4, Dex 17
SQ Purr, Kitty Form (Small), Trapfinding, Familiar (Cat)
Feats Brew Potion, Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment, necromancy), Spell Focus (Enchantment, Illusion, Necromancy)
Skills Bluff +10, Concentration +9, Craft (Alchemy, Poisonmaking) +11, Diplomacy +10, Gather Information +10, Hide +9, Knowledge (Arcane, Local, Nature) +9, Listen +10, Move Silently +12, Sense Motive +10, Spellcraft +7, Spot +8
Possessions Collar of Holding, Cute Widdle Bowsies, +1 Returning Dagger, Ring of Invisibility, +6 Bracers of Armor, 18000 GP in Potions, 948 GP

EPIC CATNIPPER

Hit Die: d6
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int
Spells The Catnippers Caster Level increases with Epic Levels, but he gains no new spells per day.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Catnipper gains a Bonus Feat every 4 levels higher than 20th

Base Potion Prices

Spell Level Clr, Drd, Wiz   Sor   Brd 

4th         1400            1600  2000
5th         2250            2500  3250
6th         3300            3600  4800

Cost to Make

Clr, Drd, Wiz
4th: 700GP, 28 XP
5th: 1125 GP, 45 XP
6th: 1650 GP, 66 XP

Sor
4th: 800 GP, 32 XP
5th: 1250 GP, 50 XP
6th: 1800 GP, 72 XP

Brd
4th: 1000 GP, 40 XP
5th: 1625 GP, 65 XP
6th: 2400 GP, 96 XP
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 02:51:27 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2009, 08:04:36 AM »
Are there any Feats enhancing potion making?  I've been looking but I'm coming up blank.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2009, 04:43:25 PM »
Not that I recall, but isn't there a Quick Potion spell in Spell Compendium that could fit?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2009, 06:33:33 PM »
Hoe about an ability that changes an opponents potion/oil/holy water to a potion of confusion?  :D Now THAT would be annoying!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2009, 06:48:55 PM »
Hoe about an ability that changes an opponents potion/oil/holy water to a potion of confusion?  :D Now THAT would be annoying!

Naw, annoying would be to turn a potion(or QuickPotion) into a grenade that deploys in mist form. Include the ability to put spells that don't normally fit in potions into potions.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2009, 03:16:21 PM »
Potion of Reality Maelstrom anyone?  :devil

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2009, 05:44:31 PM »
Take the Mad Bomberman to the next level. Spells that deploy as grenades. Think Artificer, only you infuse everything in the morning, and then distribute the cherrybombs.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2009, 01:09:43 AM »
What are these "Artisan" feats we have here?

<EDIT> Where are they? Eberron?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 04:25:03 PM by Radmelon »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2009, 01:36:25 AM »
The first reduces the time to make items, the second reduces the GP cost, and the third reduces the XP cost.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2009, 04:55:17 AM »
Theyre i nthe Eberron Campaign Book i think.  Class abilities (except caster progression) are all up.