Author Topic: Uncle Kitties Handbook O' Kittehs  (Read 191053 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Uncle Kitties Handbook O' Kittehs
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2009, 08:17:42 AM »
BURLAP GUILD MEMBER

"You keep this up and I'll tell daddy on you."

The Burlap Throat-Wattle in the little town of Burlap is the worlds most infamous dragons only bar.  It is considered neutral territory where Dragons of all species can meet and conduct business, chat, or try to get laid by the bar maids without any fighting or assassination going on.  It's also home to a thriving Cat Burglars Guild, all of whom are the bastard children of dragons and humanoid bar wenches (darn dragon groupies).  The dragons have noticed that their kids and paramours have a thing for cats, but somehow have miraculously not noticed that the cats are some sort of organization.  Or perhaps they've simply been kind enough to not mention it.

BECOMING A BURLAP GUILD MEMBER
Most of the members of the Burlap Throat-Wattle Guild are multiclassed Dragonfire Adepts/Cat Burglars.  You're really sort of born into the Guild more than becoming a member of it.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Feats:  Dragon Kitty
   Class Abilities:  Breath Weapon, Kitty Form
   Feats:  Dragon Kitty, Dragontouched
   Skills:  Bluff 8 ranks, Diplomacy 8 ranks, Listen 8 ranks
   Special:  Must have been born into the Guild.  They really don't accept wannabe members, you must be the child of a dragon and a barmaid at the Burlap Throat-Wattle.

Class Skills
 The Burlap Guild Member's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Arcane, Local)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Code: [Select]
[b]   BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities[/b]
1. +0    +2     +2     +0    Hisssss, Spit
2. +1    +3     +3     +0    Family Inheritance
3. +1    +3     +3     +1    Tuffer Than the Average Kitteh
4. +2    +4     +4     +1    Hisssss
5. +2    +4     +4     +1    Family Inheritance
6. +3    +5     +5     +2    Tuffer Than the Average Kitteh
7. +3    +5     +5     +2    Hisssss
8. +4    +6     +6     +2    Family Inheritance
9. +4    +6     +6     +3    Tuffer Than the Average Kitteh
10.+5    +7     +7     +3    Death From Above

Weapon Proficiencies: Burlap Guild Members gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Hisssss (Su): You are particularly intimidating in Kitty Form for some reason.  When hissing or yowling at someone within 30' that person must make a Willpower Save (Save DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Charisma modifier) or be Shaken for 1d6 rounds.

At 4th level when using this ability it affects all living things in 30', and they are Shaken for 2d6 rounds.

At 7th level this effects all living opponents within 60', and also works when you charge.  Opponents are Frightened instead of Shaken.

Spit (Su): Your Dragonfire Adept and Burlap Guild Member levels stack for purposes of determining the amount of damage your Breath Weapon does.

Family Inheritance (Ex): At levels 2, 5, and 8 you get a Spell-Like Ability you may use 3 times per day.  At 2nd level you may cast one of the following: Flight of the Dragon, Voice of the Dragon.  At 5th level you may choose from the following: Draconic Might, Draconic Polymorph, Dragonsight, or Form of the Desert Hunter.  At 8th level you may choose one of the following: Aura of Terror, Imperious Glare, or Lesser Dragonshape.

Tuffer Than the Average Kitteh (Ex): You gain DR 2/- at level 3.  This increases to DR 5/- at level 6, and DR 8/- at level 9.

Death From Above (Ex): At 10th level you gain Wings in Kitty Form, and a Fly speed of 50' (Average).  The Wings may be hidden or not at your option.  Hiding or unveiling them is a Swift Action.

PLAYING A BURLAP GUILD MEMBERS
 You are teh awesomes, and you know it.  Your father (or mother) is likely famous worldwide, and your other parent is famous at least locally.  Now granted Gods and other powerful beings occasionally meddle with your family life cause mom or dad happens to be a dragon, but that just makes things interesting.  Now if only you can find a way to exploit this...
 Combat: Combat draws attention, especially since your chief method of combat is spitting some form of breath weapon.  Burlap Guild members avoid fighting when possible, attempting to resolve most issues peacefully.  And if that doesn't work they fire people up.
 Advancement: Advancement for Burlap Guild members often depends on what their parent was as that greatly influences their temperament.  Plus they have to hide what their up to from mom and dad.
Resources: The Burlap Guild members have access to the Guilds resources, and individual members can sometimes discreetly ask mom to persuade dad to help them out of a jam (they do this strictly in humanoid form though, they never let the dragons know they're the local bar kitties).

BURLAP GUILD MEMBERS IN THE WORLD
"I never knew dragons liked cats.  Cats all over the place in that dragon bar..."
 Members of the Burlap Guild are pretty much like any other Cat Burglar Guild, except their human persona is much more public given who their father is and all.  They tend to be mildly famous in human form just because of their name.  As kitties they have blessed anonymity though.
 Daily Life: Mostly you're just like any other Thieve's Guild member whose parent happens to be a giant creature of vast magical power and world spanning fame.  Now granted it's much harder to be a thief when your the child of someone famous, but it's far, far easier to get the girls.  So it ain't all bad.  At least until your scaly parent loudly and in public gives you the "for Christ's sake don't knock her up" speech.
 Notables: Roland Silvertongue (CG Male Human Cat Burglar 3/Dragonfire Adept 3/Burlap Guild Member 6) is the son of a local Silver Draon, and spends much of his time trying to seduce the local women.  Yolanda Redcheeks (CE Female Halfling Cat Burglar 1/Dragonfire Adept/Burlap Guild Member 6) is the daughter of a older red Dragon well known for his obsessive love of short women (as well as his touchiness about the subject).
 Organizations: The Burlap Guild is an organization.  It's small, but it has a disproportionate amount of influence due to it's members ancestry.

NPC Reaction
 NPC's assume you're a cat till you spew fire or acid or some such.  At that point they start to freak out and mutter about the local dragons being perverts (assuming the aforementioned dragons aren't in ear shot).

BURLAP GUILD MEMBERS IN THE GAME
 This PrC kind of implies it's members are famous, or at least their parents are.  Which may be a headache for some DM's.
 Adaptation: This is definitely a silly campaign PrC.  Dragon bars don't exactly scream seriousness.
 Encounters: PC's will encounter the Burlap Guild if they are ever stupid enough to try to rob (or start trouble in) the Burlap Throat Wattle, or harm or threaten any of the workers there.  Given that the bar patrons are also dragons, the Guild will probably be the least of their worries...

Sample Encounter
EL 12: The PC's are being entertained by watching a local boy trying to seduce a halfling girl.  When she rebuffs him with a chair, they turn into small cats and start spitting fire at each other.  Then they notice the PC's.  Who are suddenly nervous for some reason...

Roland Silvertongue
CG Male Human Cat Burglar 3/Dragonfire Adept 3/Burlap Guild Member 6
Init +2 (+4 Small, +5 Tiny, +6 Diminutive), Senses: Listen +11, Spot +11, Low Light Vision and Scent in Kitty Form
Languages Common, Draconic
------------------------------------------------
AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 (+2 Dex, +2 Natural, +6 Armor)
AC Small 23, touch 15, flat-footed 19 (+1 Size, +4 Dex, +2 Natural, +6 Armor)
AC Tiny 25, touch 17, flat-footed 20 (+2 Size, +5 Dex, +2 Natural, +6 Armor)
AC Diminutive 28, touch 20, flat-footed 22 (+4 Size, +6 Dex, +2 Natural, +6 Armor)
hp 51 (12 HD)
Fort +9, Ref +11 (+13 Small, +14 Tiny, +15 Diminutive), Will +7 
Evasion
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 Punching Dagger +6/+1(1d4 plus 1d6 Cold, 19-20, x3)
Melee Small 2 Claws +4 (1d3-3) and 1 Bite -1 (1d4-4)
Melee Tiny 2 Claws +4 (1d2-4) and 1 Bite -1 (1d3-4)
Melee Diminutive 2 Claws +6 (1 point) and 1 Bite +1 (1d2-4)
Base Atk +6, Grp +5 (-2 Small, -6 Tiny, -10 Diminutive)
Atk Options Sneak Attack +1d6, Breath Weapon 2d6 (DC 16), Breath Effect (Frost Breath), Hisssss (DC 20)
Combat Gear 4 Silver Dragon's Draughts, 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
Invocations  Beguiling Influence, Deafening Roar
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 18
Abilities Small Str 4, Dex 18
Abilities Tiny Str 3, Dex 20
Abilities Diminutive Str 2, Dex 22
SQ Purr, Trapfinding, Scales, Spit, DR 5/-, Family Inheritance (Voice of the Dragon, Dragonsight)
Feats Anklebiter, Dragon Kitty, Dragontouched, Hissing Fury, Spookity Glowing Eyes of Dooom, Tuff Kitty
Skills Bluff +14, Climb +7, Concentration +10, Diplomacy +14, Gather Information +14, Hide +12, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (Local) +6, Listen +11, Move Silently +12, Sense Motive +11, Spot +11, Tumble +7, Use Magic Device +14
Possessions Collar of Holding, Cute Widdle Bowsies, +6 Bracers of Armor, +1 Icy Burst Keen Punching Dagger, 4 Silver Dragon's Draughts, 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 198 GP

EPIC BURLAP GUILD MEMBER

Hit Die: d8
Skills Points at Each  Level : 6 + int
Bonus Feats: The Epic Burlap Guild Member gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:15:17 AM by bhu »

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2009, 09:04:14 PM »
hahaha... strange, this is another one that reminds me of my cat...  :P

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2009, 08:10:34 AM »
The Family Inheritance ability will be based on what the PC's draconic parent was.  Do you just want me to do the basic Dragons for now or go for all of 'em?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2009, 08:24:34 AM »
Go for broke. :D
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2009, 08:42:20 AM »
Go for broke. :D

So how many dragons are there now?

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2009, 11:51:39 AM »
Look in Races of the Dragon.  There's a fairly comprehensive list in the feat section for referencing with the draconic heritage feat chain.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2009, 03:36:34 PM »
Look in Races of the Dragon.  There's a fairly comprehensive list in the feat section for referencing with the draconic heritage feat chain.
It doesn't have dragons from Dragon (*ba-dum-psh*) though, does it?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2009, 03:50:14 PM »
It doesn't have dragons from Dragon (*ba-dum-psh*) though, does it?

Some of us don't care about Dragon.  :P

But no, it doesn't in case Bhu cares.
Notes to self

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »
I should have any Dragon magazines Dragons are listed in.

Nobody would know which ones those are offhand would they  :flutter

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2009, 11:10:22 AM »
I should have any Dragon magazines Dragons are listed in.

Nobody would know which ones those are offhand would they  :flutter
Offhand, I remember only the Tome Dragon, from 319 or something. Sandstorm has the Sand Dragon, which also isn't in RotD IIRC.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2009, 11:45:16 AM »
Dragon Compendium had some dragons in it.
Notes to self

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2009, 12:29:17 PM »
I updated with the MM dragons.  The idea is not panning out how I wouldve liked...

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2009, 08:37:50 AM »
OK the idea of different spells for each type of dragon sounds neat, but it's hard to find ones that match thematically, and it's even harder to get them to balance out.  I'm thinking it might be easier to make it specific spells hey get regardless of dragon type.

Your thoughts before I begin?

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »
OK the idea of different spells for each type of dragon sounds neat, but it's hard to find ones that match thematically, and it's even harder to get them to balance out.  I'm thinking it might be easier to make it specific spells hey get regardless of dragon type.

Your thoughts before I begin?

You could still use the list from Races of the Dragon.   :p

But yeah, that would work too.
Notes to self

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2009, 10:03:23 AM »
Burlap GUild has been revised

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2009, 08:46:24 AM »
MORTICIAN

"You want the Babaganoosh family should stay dead, you needs to pay up brotha." BECOMING A MORTICIAN
Mortician's must have the ability to create Undead, so there will obviously be a few levels in some sort of casting class.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Class Abilities:  Kitty Form, must be able to create undead, whether by spells or other abilities
   Feats:  Bolster Resistance, Corpsecrafter, Undead Leadership
   Skills:  Gather Information 4 ranks, Knowledge (Local, Religion) 4 ranks
   Saves:  Base Fortitude or Willpower Save must be +5
   Special:  Must be accepted and trained by a Mortician.

Class Skills
 The Mortician's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Dex), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Local, Religion)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d4

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
1. +0    +0     +0     +2    BRAINS!, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class
2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Information Gathering
3. +1    +1     +1     +3    Feat, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class
4. +2    +1     +1     +4    BRAINS!, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class
5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Information Gathering
6. +3    +2     +2     +5    Feat, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class
7. +3    +2     +2     +5    BRAINS!, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class
8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Information Gathering
9. +4    +3     +3     +6    Feat, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class
10.+5    +3     +3     +7    VAMPIRES! VAMPIRES EVERYWHERE!, +1 level of arcane/divine casting class

Weapon Proficiencies: Morticians gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

BRAINS! (Su): At 1st level, anytime you use your spells or class abilities to animate a corpse into undead, you may opt to reanimate them with their Intelligence score and full memories intact even if they would normally be mindless (i.e. zombies, skeletons, etc).  While they will not harm you unless attacked, they are not necessarily under your control.

At 4th level undead you animate have their full Wisdom and Charisma scores.

At 8th level undead you animate have all their skills/feats/class abilities they had in life.  Abilities based off of Constitution are now based off of Charisma instead.

Information Gathering (Sp): At 2nd level you may cast Speak With Dead at will as a Spell-Like Ability.

At 5th level when using this ability the duration is unlimited and you ask as many questions as you wish.  If the Speak With Dead spell has previously been cast upon this corpse within the last week your ability still works. 

At 7th level the corpse gets no Saving Throw against this ability.

Feat: At level 3 you get Necromantic Presence as a Bonus Feat.  At level 6 you get Necromantic Might as a Bonus Feat.  At level 9 you gain Nimble Bones as a Bonus Feat.

VAMPIRES! VAMPIRES EVERYWHERE! (Su): At 10th level you may opt to make any Undead you animate via spells a Vampire instead of the usual undead it creates.  This is mostly used to blackmail people because lets face it who wants vampires around.  The threat of you using this ability can make for some nice cash...

PLAYING A MORTICIAN
 You blackmail the worst of the worst.  You can reanimate the victims of the local bad guys to testify against them in court as to who put them in the ground.  That makes people a weee bit nervous, and definitely willing to cough up some monay.  And of course more willing to hunt you down...
 Combat: Combat isn't your strong suit.  You raise dead guys who can do that though.  And they seem to like it, specially if the opponent has blood or braaaaaiiiinsss...
 Advancement: Many Morticians become oddly proficient necromancers despite their corpse monster making focus.  Some end up running Thieve's Guilds with zombies.  It's a sight to behold lemme tell ya.
Resources: Morticians have the Cat Burglar Guilds to draw on, and the knowledge of their recently dead buddies.  Anytime someone dies, they gain a new bit of knowledge if they can learn where the body is.

MORTICIANS IN THE WORLD
"Keep them dam cats away from the coffins!"
 The world is full of bad people.  The afterlife is full of nice people killed by bad people.  Sometimes it's nice to arrange for the two of them to meet.  A mediator of sorts.  Yes, that's you.
 Daily Life: You spend most of your time looking for easy marks..er..bad people.  Yes, bad people.  People who have secrets.  Secrets they need to stay dead.  And of course then you have to find out where those secrets are buried.
 Notables: Zorba (CN Human Male Dread Necromancer 6/Mortician 6) is a self styled champion of the dead. He brings back murder victims to get their own revenge.  Zagorka (CE Female Gnome Sorcerer 6/Mortiican 6) is a blackmailer and a thief.  A thief who steals by getting the secrets of dead people.
 Organizations: Morticians are a loose alliance, always willing to help a brother in trouble.  And since Morticians are frequently in trouble, that's a pretty good thing.  And of course there's always the Cat Burglar Guild if you haven't split off and gone solo.

NPC Reaction
 NPC's tend to think you're a kitty.  Until they see you hopping over graves, and monsters clawing their way up.  Then it's pants changing time.

MORTICIANS IN THE GAME
 The Mortician is kind of a weird class.  You could play it many different ways, and it could be troublesome to certain styles of campaigns such as mysteries.
 Adaptation: This could go in a horror setting as well, preferably in awakened cat Guilds.  But in goofy campaign the amount of endless trouble you can cause should be darned amusing.
 Encounters: PC's will tend to encounter Morticians in graveyards, or wherever bodies are kept after death.  Sometimes they can also be seen accompanying their undead charges on raids.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: You have been hired to watch over a funeral which their employer believes a bad event he refuses to be specific about will occur.  A small kitty jumps on the coffin, and then a zombie roars up from it accusing your employer of murdering him just before he bites the head off some old lady.  God, you really hate some of these assignments.

Zorba
(CN Human Male Cat Burglar 1/Dread Necromancer 5/Mortician 6)
Init +2 (+4 Small), Senses: Listen +7, Spot +7, Low Light Vision and Scent in Kitty Form
Languages Common, Goblin
AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Deflection, +4 Armor)
AC Small 23, touch 19, flat-footed 19 (+1 Size, +4 Dex, +4 Deflection, +4 Armor)
hp 36 (12 HD)
Fort +3, Ref +7 (+9 Small), Will +10 
Mental Bastion
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 Kukri +9/+4 (1d4/15-20)
Ranged +1 Light Crossbow +9 (1d8/17-20)
Melee Small 2 Claws +3 (1d3-3) and 1 Bite -2 (1d4-3)
Base Atk +6, Grp +5 (-1 Small)
Atk Options Charnel Touch (1d8+1), Negative Energy Burst 1/day (6d4, DC 20)
Combat Gear
Spells Per Day 1st: 7 (DC 15)
2nd: 7 (DC 16)
3rd: 7 (DC 17)
4th: 5 (DC 18)
Caster Level 9
Supernatural Abilities Rebuke Undead 7/day, Fear Aura (DC 20)
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 18
Abilities Str 4, Dex 18
SQ DR 2/Bludgeoning and Magic, Purr, Trapfinding, Kitty Form, Advanced Learning (Shroud of Undeath)
Feats Bolster Resistance, Corpsecrafter, Quicken Turning, Undead Leadership, Unquenchable Flame of Life, Vampire Hunter, Necromantic Presence (B), Necromantic Might (B)
Skills Balance +6 (+16 Small), Bluff +8, Climb +6 (+12 Small), Concentration +4, Gather Information +10, Hide +10 (+20 Small), Intimidate +7, Jump +1 (+7 Small), Knowledge (Local, Religion) +7, Listen +7, Move Silently +10 (+16 Small), Search +9, Spellcraft +2, Spot +7, and Tumble +6
Possessions Collar of Holding, Cute Widdle Bowsies, +4 Ring of Protection, Wight Armor, Ring of Invisibility, +1 Keen Kukri, +1 Keen Light Crossbow, 432 GP

EPIC MORTICIAN

Hit Die: d4
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int
Spells The Morticians Caster Level continues to rise, but it doesn't gain additional spells per day.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Mortician gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:59:21 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2009, 08:50:03 AM »
Other than arcane and divine spellcasers and some psionics, is there any other class that can make undead?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2009, 11:03:10 AM »
Other than arcane and divine spellcasers and some psionics, is there any other class that can make undead?
Incarnate.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2009, 02:55:19 PM »
Warlock. Unless you already count them as an arcane spellcaster.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2009, 10:08:26 PM »
Bwahahahaha... kitties of death!  :evillaugh