Author Topic: Multiheaded madness  (Read 1659 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Multiheaded madness
« on: December 25, 2008, 10:58:15 AM »
I made a build for the Freedom Gundam a while back, and I wanted to make a more playable version.

So, I was thinking of a straight dragonfire adept with the Leadership feat (or equivalent).

The cohort (based on the METEOR pack) has the multiheaded template with as many heads as possible (but no head-based attacks, to lower LA). Since it gets a lot of racial Hit Dice, Dragon or Outsider type would be preferable. It dual wields kusari-gamas with Great Flyby Attack. Possibly a level of lion totem barbarian as well.

The cohort uses an item of fusion to combine with the DFA, massively boosting the power of his breath weapon. Enter Strafing Five-fold Breath of Tiamat from every head at once. :D

So...
Feats: Aerial Reflexes, Aerial Superiority, Entangling Exhalation, Flyby Attack, Flyby Breath, Improved Speed, Strafing Breath
Equipment: Dragon Spirit Cincture, 2 gauntlets and 2 spiked light shields (each with a different least energy crystal attached), Wand of Stunning Breath (in wand chamber)

Any advice?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 11:08:56 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

anomalousman

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: Multiheaded madness
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 05:39:35 PM »
The multiheaded racial template only multiplies breath attacks of the base creature.  I'm pretty sure class features won't be similarly amplified.  In fact, that's what we decided by consensus after much arguing in an arena I ran earlier in the year.

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 06:49:25 PM »
Yeah, but the base creature does have breath attacks. They're just from class levels.

anomalousman

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 06:50:22 AM »
Does a multiheaded human have multiple breath attacks?

Multiheaded costs extra if the base creature has breath attacks.  With your ruling, you could be in a situation where a multiheaded human goes to take a class level in DFA, then loses the option to get that level because the LA of her race went up.  At which point it would go back down again, and she could choose a new class...

Anyway, we decided that racial templates modify races irrespective of classes.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »
Multiheaded costs extra if the base creature has breath attacks.  With your ruling, you could be in a situation where a multiheaded human goes to take a class level in DFA, then loses the option to get that level because the LA of her race went up.  At which point it would go back down again, and she could choose a new class...
The DFA doesn't have multiple heads. The cohort does.

The multiheaded racial template only multiplies breath attacks of the base creature.  I'm pretty sure class features won't be similarly amplified.  In fact, that's what we decided by consensus after much arguing in an arena I ran earlier in the year.
I'm sure I've seen a lot of references to "spellcasting of the base creature" which refer to Wiz/Sor levels...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 04:28:04 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]