Author Topic: Optimizing Lady Vol (Eberron).  (Read 7952 times)

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Optimizing Lady Vol (Eberron).
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2008, 03:34:21 PM »
That's what she said!

[spoiler]... ok I'll stop now :D[/spoiler]
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2008, 03:41:10 PM »
Ok, I only caught part of this. What the hell is an enveloping pit?

Yo mama...

[spoiler]sorry, sorry, it had to be said[/spoiler]

:rollseyes

Cheaper and far superior Portable Hole. That's fucking awesome.

Yeah, it's like 16k gp cheaper or so.   Even without being able to use the remote control option, it's still great.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2008, 07:39:14 AM »
Very nice indeed, I'll have to remember this one for my campaign :D

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2008, 01:29:46 PM »
Ok, so Magic Missile skeleton towers of doom, spell immunity and possible Persist tricks, different sorts of spell turret traps, lots of clones, desecrate and unhallow over the entire area because it's a fucking lich queen's lair, over 9,000 undead...

Intelligent necromancers, or would that compromise the security too much?

What are 3 9th level spells of different schools other than Necromancy that have no effect on undead but can still screw up the living?
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2008, 02:57:02 PM »
Energy Substitution (Cold)
Meteor Swarm

Disjunction

Power Word Kill

EDIT: The bear's right; Meteor Swarm does bludgeoning, too. I dunno, Weird works as a replacement.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:19:02 PM by Negative Zero »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »
And any other nasties that are Heightened to the appropiate level ofcourse, no need to limit yourself to 9th level ;)

Also, isn't Meteor Swarm part Bludgeoning damage as well?
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2008, 06:11:05 PM »
Meteor Swarm only does Bludgeoning damage on a direct hit. Seeing as it would be targeting the nearest unauthorized creature (a PC)...

Uttercold Energy Sub Meteor Swarm works, though given the way energy resist works with it it's more for healing her, and any other undead with cold immunity than hurting the PCs. Power Word Kill is also good. However I'm pretending Game Disjunction doesn't exist for reasons that should be obvious. Hm... Not Necromancy, Evocation, or Enchantment... Preferably no save, since it uses item based DCs which suck horribly. Metamagiced Summon Undead, perhaps? Though Summon Undead is capped at 5, and the results are non variable so Maximize and Empower don't help. Any ideas here?

The idea is that there are four of these, and they cycle so there's a Mass Harm every round, an Uttercold Meteor Swarm every round, a PW: Kill every round, and the other thing every round. Well, fifth round they all repair, and barring delayed activation there's nothing that can be done about that.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »
Twinned Summon Undead V could work. Or Extended Repeating Summon Undead V.