Author Topic: A Call to Arms: Lonewolf's weapons thread.  (Read 16310 times)

Lonewolf the Hunter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: A Call to Arms: Lonewolf's weapons thread.
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 07:54:31 PM »
My PC is still out but, if I think of anything I can stat easily, I will post it here, cool guns Johannixx
"No Plan ever survives contact with the enemy"
a bunch of generals and military historians

I like hiring Giff, they don't mind being paid in uzis.

Johannixx

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 01:09:31 AM »
For all you WWI gamers out there...

US M1909 Bolo Knife:

Damage:  1d6
Critical:  19-20x2
Type:  Slashing or piercing
Weight:  2 lbs
Hands:  Light

Basically identical stats to a shortsword.  This 14"-bladed bolo knife was originally issued to machine gun and artillery crews for clearing fields of fire when emplacing guns, but found favor as a hand-to-hand weapon amongst the doughboys in the trenches.

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2010, 11:40:25 AM »
My computer is back from the dead, and so are my files expect more gear soon.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2010, 04:31:58 PM »
Looking forward to it :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 06:41:23 AM »
I present the Infantry weapons of FEAR 2 Project Origin.

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 08:39:01 PM »
Entrencher
Classification: Weapon Gadget
Game: Fracture
The Entrencher is the minituarized version of larger Terran Deformation Technology capable of being carried by the common infantry soldier into combat.  The Entrencher has two settings capable of creating a three foot deformation of the localized native terran with each shot. Each shot, based on chosing setting, will either indent or raise the ground by three feet as is considered a Move Eqiuvalent Action.  With each consecutive shot the ground is further deformed by three creating needed foxholes/fire holes or raising the ground to clear debris.  Note to all military personnel the Entrencher will not deform any ground covered by concrete or similar material though deformation of loose soil nearby will raise it against building or other solid debris.

Mil: +3
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:45:47 PM by AnimeSniper »

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »
been wanting to stat this rifle for a while now:

The REC7 (formerly known as the M468) is the designation for an upgrade to the M16/M4. The REC7 is manufactured by Barrett Firearms Company, who are probably best known for producing the M82 .50 caliber sniper rifle.

(6.8x43mm) Dmg:2d8. Crit: 20. Dmg type: Ballistic. Range Increment: 80ft. RoF: S,A. Mag: 30(box). Wgt: 7.2lb. Size: L. Purchase DC: 18. Res: Res+2.

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 02:00:52 AM »

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2010, 03:39:26 AM »
Some more real world guns
The HK417 is a battle rifle designed and manufactured in Germany by Heckler & Koch. It is chambered for the 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Winchester) round. Similar in internal design to the HK416, the HK417 is a gas-operated, short-stroke piston design, claimed to be more reliable than the original direct impingement operation of the AR-10 design due to less fouling in the receiver.
(Assaulter/Recce) Dmg:2d10. Crit: 20. Dmg type: Ballistic. Range Increment: 80ft. RoF: S,A. Mag: 20(box) or 50 (Drum). Wgt: 9lb. Size: L. Purchase DC: 21. Res: Res+2.

(Sniper) Dmg:2d10. Crit: 20. Dmg type: Ballistic. Range Increment: 90ft. RoF: S. Mag: 10(box) or 20 (box). Wgt: 9lb. Size: L. Purchase DC: 21. Res: Res+2.

The HK416 is an assault rifle designed and manufactured by Heckler & Koch. It is an improved version of the M4 carbine with many changes, most notably a new gas operating system from the G36.
(5.56x45mm) Dmg:2d8. Crit: 20. Dmg type: Ballistic. Range Increment: 70ft. RoF: S,A. Mag: 30(box) or 100 (Drum). Wgt: 8 lb. Size: L. Purchase DC: 19. Res: Res+2.

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2010, 07:55:19 PM »

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2010, 12:11:54 AM »

Johannixx

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2010, 12:38:43 AM »
Some more real world guns
The HK417 is a battle rifle designed and manufactured in Germany by Heckler & Koch. It is chambered for the 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Winchester) round. Similar in internal design to the HK416, the HK417 is a gas-operated, short-stroke piston design, claimed to be more reliable than the original direct impingement operation of the AR-10 design due to less fouling in the receiver.
(Assaulter/Recce) Dmg:2d10. Crit: 20. Dmg type: Ballistic. Range Increment: 80ft. RoF: S,A. Mag: 20(box) or 50 (Drum). Wgt: 9lb. Size: L. Purchase DC: 21. Res: Res+2.

(Sniper) Dmg:2d10. Crit: 20. Dmg type: Ballistic. Range Increment: 90ft. RoF: S. Mag: 10(box) or 20 (box). Wgt: 9lb. Size: L. Purchase DC: 21. Res: Res+2.

The HK416 is an assault rifle designed and manufactured by Heckler & Koch. It is an improved version of the M4 carbine with many changes, most notably a new gas operating system from the G36.
(5.56x45mm) Dmg:2d8. Crit: 20. Dmg type: Ballistic. Range Increment: 70ft. RoF: S,A. Mag: 30(box) or 100 (Drum). Wgt: 8 lb. Size: L. Purchase DC: 19. Res: Res+2.

Good write-ups.  I would add one thing to each:  since both are externally identical to a standard AR-15-pattern rifle, with the same controls, cartridge and ballistics, I'd put in a note that Weapon Focus/Specialization with the M16/M4 platform transfers to the HK416/417 platforms as well.

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2010, 10:08:14 PM »
Not a bad idea, I don't normally think about Focus/Specialization when stating modern firearms, but, sense they were designed for troops already familiar with M16 family controls it makes sense, thinking about it, the AR-18 and ZM-LR 300 in weapons locker should function under a similar rule.  Didn't we try to get a house rule like that on Tema's old wizard's thread?

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2010, 07:03:08 AM »
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:05:01 AM by Lonewolf the Hunter »

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2010, 01:17:30 AM »
Some New Weapons

The RPG-29 (105 mm)
Damage: 12d6           Magazine: 1 (Int)   Burst:   10ft
Critical: --           Size: Large            Reflex: 17
Damage Type: Ballistic   Weight: 25 lb
Range Increment: 330feet  Purchase DC: 17
Rate of Fire: S              Restriction: Mil+3
Special: Ignores up to 15 Hardness
The RPG-29 is a shoulder-launched, tube-style, single-shot, reloadable, anti-tank rocket launcher designed to be carried and used by a single soldier. On the top of the launch tube is the x 2.7 1P38 optical sight. On the bottom of the tube is a shoulder brace for proper positioning along with a pistol grip trigger mechanism. A 1PN51-2 night sight can be fitted.

Fedorov "Avtomat" (6,5x50SR )
Damage: 2d8           Magazine: 25 (Box)      
Critical: 20           Size: Large
Damage Type: Ballistic   Weight: 10 lb
Range Increment: 60feet  Purchase DC: 17
Rate of Fire: S,A              Restriction: Res+2
Firs Fedorov rifle entered trials in 1911. In 1912 the Rifle Commission of Russian Army decided to order 150 more Fedorov rifles for further trials, and in 1913 Fedorov submitted a prototype automatic rifle, chambered for his own experimental rimless cartridge of 6,5mm caliber. 6,5mm Fedorov rifles were tested late in 1913 with good results; these rifles still had fixed magazines loaded from stripper clips. Further trials and development were stopped by the start of World War One. In 1915, however, the need for lightweight automatic arms forced Russian Army to order manufacture of Fedorov automatic rifles with detachable magazines of bigger capacity. Since production of the new cartridge was out of question, it was decided to convert 6,5mm Fedorov rifles to Japanese 6,5x50SR Arisaka ammunition which was in abundance, being purchased through Great Britain along with Arisaka rifles.

The Pontiac M39 was a 20 mm single-barreled revolver cannon developed for the United States Air Force in the late 1940s. It was used on a number of fighter aircraft from the early 1950s through the 1980s.
(20x102mm) Dmg:4d8. Crit: 20. Dmg type: Ballistic. Range Increment: 150ft. RoF: A. Mag: Linked. Wgt: 180 lb. Size: H. Purchase DC: 22. Res: Mil+3.

The QCW-05  literally "Silenced Assault Gun, 2005" is a suppressed submachine gun. It is manufactured and developed by the People's Liberation Army of China

JS 9mm
A slightly smaller, somewhat externally different version of the QCW-05 designed for use by police and for export overseas. The JS 9mm is chambered for the 9 x 19 mm Luger calibre, and it also uses the same magazines used by the popular Heckler & Koch MP5

QCQ-05
The QCQ-05  literally "Light Assault Gun, 2005") is a variant of the QCW-05 without the suppressor
QCQ-05 (5.8x21)
Damage: 2d4           Magazine: 50(box)      
Critical: 20           Size: Med
Damage Type: Ballistic   Weight: 5 lb
Range Increment: 50feet  Purchase DC: 17

QCW-05 (5.8x21)
Damage: 2d4           Magazine: 50(box)      
Damage Type: Ballistic   Weight: 5 lb
Special: Suppressed (DC 10 listen check to hear weapon being Fired)
JS 9mm (9mm Para)
Damage: 2d6           Magazine: 30 (Box)      
Damage Type: Ballistic   Weight: 5lb

The QSW-06  literally "Suppressed Pistol, 2006" also sometimes referred to as the Type 06, is a suppressed semi-automatic pistol in limited use with the People's Liberation Army (PLA) and various Chinese police departments.
QSW-06 (5.8x21)
Damage: 2d4           Magazine: 20 (Box)      
Critical: 20           Size: Small
Damage Type: Ballistic   Weight: 3 lb
Range Increment: 40feet  Purchase DC: 17
Rate of Fire: S              Restriction: Res+2
Special: Suppressed (DC 10 listen check to hear weapon being Fired)

The QSZ-92 Services Pistol literally "Type 92 Handgun" is a semi-automatic pistol designed by Norinco and it is in limited service in the People's Liberation Army since the late 1990s.
QSZ-92 (5.8x21)
Damage: 2d4           Magazine: 20 (Box)      

QSZ-92 (9mm)
Damage: 2d6           Magazine: 15 (Box)      
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 11:26:07 PM by Lonewolf the Hunter »

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2010, 04:42:25 AM »
Lonewolf, did you ever do a write up on the xm-25? I seen it mentioned a few times on this site but can't find stats for it and I'm horrible about that stuff. I've seen mention of a thermobaric/fueled air explosive round from strategypage.com or somewhere else that talked about them and it gave me little girl giggles. If you get a chance to write up something on it, that would be awesome.

Thanx a HEAP,
Doug
I am the thing that goes bump in the night and then I'll go, "F**k, that was my toe!"

Founder of the Rackhirean Social Club. Abusing and Terrifying players for  years and ourselves in the off season.

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2010, 09:01:49 PM »
I haven't yet but I intend to, stay tuned

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2010, 12:24:12 AM »
Well folks everything worth doing is worth over doing, with that in mind I give you the XM-25 and it's 2 biggest competitors

XM-25 (25x40)
Damage: Vairies        Magazine: 6(box)      
Critical: --           Size: Large
Damage Type: Vairies   Weight: 14 lb
Range Increment: 250feet  Purchase DC: 29
Rate of Fire: S              Restriction: Mil+3
Special: Laser Range Finding Gadget (+2 Attack/+2 Reflex Save DC, move action to set timer), 500ft Dark-Vision
Grenade Types:
Fragmentation: 3d6 slashing, burst 5ft Ref 15
Incendiary: 2d6 fire, Burst 10ft Ref 15
Bee Hive: 4d6 Ballistic Crit 20, RI: 30ft -1damage per RI
Non-lethal: 3d6 non-lethal Concussion Burst 5ft Fort 17   
The XM25 is an airburst grenade launcher derived from the XM29 OICW.
It fires 25 mm grenades that are set to explode in mid-air at or near the target. A laser rangefinder in the gun is used to determine the distance to the target. The user can manually adjust the detonating distance by up to three meters shorter or longer.

Barrett XM109(25x59)
Damage: Vairies        Magazine: 5(box)      
Critical: --           Size: Huge
Damage Type: Vairies   Weight: 32 lb
Range Increment: 500feet  Purchase DC: 29
Special: Standard Scope
Grenade Types:
Incendiary: 2d6 fire, Burst 10ft Ref 15
The XM109, originally known as the Objective Sniper Weapon (OSW) or "Payload Rifle" (according to Barrett), is a semi-automatic anti-materiel rifle, designed primarily for engagement of light armored vehicles and similar material targets. The design uses the lower receiver from an M82/M107, but with a new upper receiver chambered in 25 mm.

Neopup PAW-20(20x42)
Damage: Vairies        Magazine: 7(box)      
Critical: --           Size: Large
Damage Type: Vairies   Weight: 13 lb
Range Increment: 130feet  Purchase DC: 25

Grenade Types:
Incendiary: 2d6 fire, Burst 5ft Ref 15
Non-lethal: 3d6 non-lethal Concussion Burst 5ft Fort 15   
The Neopup PAW-20 (Personal Assault Weapon, 20?mm) is a grenade launcher designed by Tony Neophytou and is marketed by Denel.[citation needed]
The PAW-20 is a hand-held, semi-automatic grenade launcher that fires a 20?mm point detonating round.

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2010, 01:59:40 AM »
Thats just awesome. :bow I would have thought the thermobaric round would do more but, with the laser range finder, you could essentially put the FAE in the badguys skivvies.
THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?

Seen the M109 somewhere else and, "It was good." Ronnie Barrett puts together a helluva rifle. Given my choice, I'd still go with the M-25 on account of weight and one extra round but damn if that upper receiver change isn't sexy.
THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?

Just seen the Neopup off of youtube footage and its comparison to the M-25. Still nice....

Now if I could just get rid of these Beavis Tourettes, I'd be fine.
Doug

firefire FireFire FIreFIre FIREFIRE FIREFIREFIREFIRE!!!!!!!!!!!! :evillaugh
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 02:03:43 AM by Hinthas »
I am the thing that goes bump in the night and then I'll go, "F**k, that was my toe!"

Founder of the Rackhirean Social Club. Abusing and Terrifying players for  years and ourselves in the off season.

Johannixx

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2010, 04:27:13 AM »
Not a bad idea, I don't normally think about Focus/Specialization when stating modern firearms, but, sense they were designed for troops already familiar with M16 family controls it makes sense, thinking about it, the AR-18 and ZM-LR 300 in weapons locker should function under a similar rule.  Didn't we try to get a house rule like that on Tema's old wizard's thread?

I believe we did.  There were many discussions of how weapon-specific feats should work in Modern.  There's merit in saying that Weapon Focus [Semiauto pistol] should be valid, rather than Weapon Focus [Glock 27].  I tend towards the middle ground:  if a weapon is of the same basic pattern, with the same control layout, weapon-specific feats should apply.  Thus, if you have Weapon Focus [M4 Carbine], it should apply to the M4, M16 (and A1/A2/A3/A4 variants), ZM-LR300, HK416/417, Colt Commando, Colt SMG, Mk18, XM177E2, CAR-15, AR-15, SR-25, M110, Beowulf, etc etc.  They're all AR-15 variants at heart.  I could see some truly crazy variants (such as the upper receiver that turns the weapon into a bolt-action .50 BMG, or the one that turns it into a crossbow) being excluded.  But for the most part, an AR is an AR is an AR.  I could also similarly see the AK47, AKM, AKMS, AK74, AK100-series, Galil, Valmet, AKSU-74, Tabuk, Zastava M76, R4/R5/R6, Type 56 and Saiga-12 all being lumped under Weapon Focus [Kalashnikov].