Author Topic: How many full round actions can I get?  (Read 3114 times)

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
How many full round actions can I get?
« on: December 15, 2008, 03:06:33 PM »
1 standard action + 1 move action = 1 full round action, correct? So I'm thinking something like

Elan Factotum8/Ruby Knight Vindicator7/Warmind5 nets you Hustle, Divine Impetus, and Cunning Surge. Disadvantages are obvious, the most obvious one is that it requires 20 levels to work, though gestalt would be sweet. It also requires INT, WIS, and CHA, Fonts of Inspiration and Extra Turning, and you can't really do all the standard tricks such as dipping dread necro or sacred exorcist, because you need all your levels. Also, how do you pump your power points up really high?

However, you do get extra full round actions, which are charming. You could do... something with them. Anyone wanna help me develop this concept?

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: How many full round actions can I get?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 04:12:26 PM »
Assuming no houserules, you can't combine a move action and a standard action to get a full-round action. Although you can combine two standard actions to get one:

Quote from: SRD

Technically speaking, you couldn't use these full round actions to full attack, charge, run or withdraw, so most of the fun is taken out of it. Technically speaking, about the best use for this would be to cast multiple full-round action spells(most likely summons) in a single round.

Although from the perspective of a DM(and not a rules lawyer), I could see this being allowed for charging running but not withdrawing(doesn't make sense as two actions no matter how you try to spin it). DMs would be split both ways on allowing full-attacks if you use two standard actions in the same round since it's hard to imagine using a standard action to "start a full attack" and another to "finish a full attack." Though if you can get away with charging, you can use Pounce to solve the full attack problem.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 04:40:17 PM »
That's why he made the assumption.

I think you ought to get a way of Shapechanging. Chronotyryns double the amount of actions you have.

Handy Links

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 10:06:54 PM »
Oh, so the best way to get extra actions is still Factotum. That's disappointing, but it's a blessing I suppose because it's far easier to max the number of inspiration points you get than it is to max your turn attepmts and your power points.

It would be sweet to use War Mind's ability to greater psionic weapon several opponents at once.

Celsius

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 04:33:53 AM »
Recently went through a list of ways to get extra actions, here are some off the top of my head.

You can acquire the abilities through Shapechanging, or (not recommended) through Ability Rip (SK)

Chronotryn's Dual Actions (Su) (MM2)
Aspect of Demogorge's Dual Actions (Ex) (MHB)>> Not sure if this stacks with the Chronotryn's
Choker's Quickness (MM) >> Extra standard action
Sharn's Haste (MoF, I believe) >> Extra standard action (As 3.0 Haste)
Swiftblade Class Ability >> Extra standard action when under the effects of Haste

There's also a monster that has Adrenaline Surge which gives extra actions, and a Kalashstar PrC whose 10th level ability allows you to spend your psionic focus for a standard action (Think it's in RoE)
Dragons. Pffft.

Schrodinger's Cat - The Revolution against the Gods of Dice
Low-Level Handbook - Still under Construction

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 10:24:41 AM »
The number of full round actions you can get is proportional to the number of twinned celerities you can cast followed by a number of greater celerities.  Metamagic reducers are nice here. Sorcerers with Arcane Fusion, Greater Arcane Fusion, and Arcane Spellsurge are useful too.

Of course you need to find a way to become immune to daze.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 10:42:43 AM »
Iron Heart Surge?

And yeah, I love Arcane Spellsurge to death. If I ever make a 15th level gestalt... I will be so broken it won't be funny anymore. I'd make it half dedicated to extra actions via Factotum/Ruby Knight Vindicator, and the other half will be loaded with sorceror prestige classes, such as, say, shadowcraft mage.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 11:37:59 AM »
Iron Heart Surge?

And yeah, I love Arcane Spellsurge to death. If I ever make a 15th level gestalt... I will be so broken it won't be funny anymore. I'd make it half dedicated to extra actions via Factotum/Ruby Knight Vindicator, and the other half will be loaded with sorceror prestige classes, such as, say, shadowcraft mage.

The problem is that you can't take two prestige classes at once.  I posted a factotum//swiftblade gestalt that finished of with geomancer cheese for automatic quicken spell 1-5 :)
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Bill Bisco: Eloquent Elf

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 12:02:18 PM »
8th level sorceror/wizard spell from PHB2 Celerity, Greater gives you an extra full-round action

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 12:36:46 PM »
8th level sorceror/wizard spell from PHB2 Celerity, Greater gives you an extra full-round action

You're 4 posts too late. Welcome to the thread :)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 03:56:21 PM »
Of course you need to find a way to become immune to daze.
Least Dragonmark + Mark of the Dauntless or
Wyrm Wizard 2 to ad Favor of the Martyr to your spell list (Pal 4 IIRC) :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Celsius

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 10:52:25 AM »
...Planar Shepherd of Dal Quor!

The time traits of Dal Quor runs 10 times slower than the Material Plane, so you get 10 rounds for every 1 round when in your Planar Bubble! =)
Dragons. Pffft.

Schrodinger's Cat - The Revolution against the Gods of Dice
Low-Level Handbook - Still under Construction

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 12:11:38 AM »
Dal Quor is ten times faster. If it was ten times slower, it would do the opposite of what you said.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 04:48:47 AM »
Belt of Battle (MIC)?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.