Author Topic: Mythological builds  (Read 1954 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Mythological builds
« on: December 14, 2008, 12:56:50 PM »
Anyone have any builds for mythological heroes?

Two rough submissions from my native land :embarrassed

Fionn McCumhaill
Human Paladin 6/Fighter 14
Feats: Educated, Knowledge Devotion, Leadership

Human barbarian 20/frenzied berserker 10
Feats: Blazing Berserker, Cleave, Dreadful Wrath, Far Shot, Great Cleave, Improved Sunder, Leap Attack, Leap of the Heavens, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Reckless Rage, Ruinous Rage, Terrifying Rage
Equipment: Fragarach (+5 longsword, gust of wind and touch-range zone of truth at will), Gae Bolg (+6 keen fleshgrinding marrowcrushing masterslaying spear)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 05:19:56 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: Mythological builds
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 04:17:41 PM »
marrowcrushing masterslaying

So, what do those 2 enhancements do and where are they located?
I've got nothing at the moment in terms of mythological heroes though, sorry...
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 04:56:25 PM »
marrowcrushing masterslaying
So, what do those 2 enhancements do and where are they located?
BoVD - the first is a version of wounding that always works, the second lets the wielder command anyone else holding his weapon to coup-de-grace themselves with it (particularly nasty with fleshgrinding, which causes the weapon to lodge in the wound and damage you until you pull it out).

In the myth, when the spear injured someone it would extend barbs throughout every part of their body, anchoring itself so tightly that it had to be cut out.

I think that's a kick-ass power for a spear, but whenever it shows up in fiction they change its abilities for some reason.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 05:00:02 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 05:01:04 PM »
Awesome :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 11:36:19 PM »

Didn't Chu Cullain actually transform into an inhuman monster when he raged during his 'warp tremors' (I kid you not, thats the translation that seems close)? Maybe an Aberration Blood Wildshape?

Elan Wildshape Ranger 4/ Barbarian 11/ Natures Warrior 5/ Frenzied Berserker 20

You can do it with human as well but you'd need to take the Aberration Blood feats chain.

Cheers!

"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 12:04:06 AM »
Berith
(LA Buyoff) Tiefling Paladin of Tyranny 10/Cavalier 10
Feats: Spirited Charge, Weapon Focus (Lance), Mounted Combat, Ride-by Attack, Leadership