Author Topic: Is Pathfinder a Boon or a Bane?  (Read 65610 times)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Re: Is Pathfinder a Boon or a Bane?
« Reply #300 on: December 16, 2010, 03:27:06 PM »
I loved what they did with Saga. The system got simple, clean and easy to use. Little bookkeeping, if any, and the Jedi class lost some of its MAD without bleeding outta their pores in order to use powers.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Unbeliever

• King Kong
« Reply #301 on: December 16, 2010, 04:01:46 PM »
I'm a huge fan of Saga, too.  I occasionally toy w/ making D&D more and more like it.  Although I find the more granular skill system a good fit for the Star Wars genre, but less so for fantasy. 

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #302 on: December 16, 2010, 08:30:16 PM »
SAGA is a very solid system and the amount of overpowered or unbalanced stuff you can construct is rather limited.
The one consistent thing that needs addressing is the Condition Track, since it's fairly easy to abuse it.

But it is overall balanced. I do think it is the best system out of 3.5/SAGA/4th.

There was some drawbacks with the old system as well, one in particular I know of:
Xexto Jedi using the Lightsaber form that allows you to use Dex instead of Str on anything that matters (type III I believe). Able to solo a rancor at 4-5th level without breaking a sweat. It does have 4 arms after all. Friend of mine did this, the DM was not amused that his "scary monster you need to run away from" died.

Anyway, I shouldn't stray too far of topic and since I've never even read a single word in any Pathfinder-related publication, I have nothing more to say.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.