Author Topic: Uncle Kitties Handbook of Spuriously Made Prestige Classes  (Read 130649 times)

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Uncle Kitties Handbook of Spuriously Made Prestige Classes
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2009, 07:14:25 PM »
barbarian based variant of Drunken Master? that or one of those "rage, but different" classes.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2009, 11:22:01 PM »
I'm honestly not sure the Voice does enough, it's interesting, but I'm wondering how worth taking it is. What about condensing ti down to a five level class?

So being able to spontaneously cast the entire cleric spell list isnt as powerful as I thought?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2009, 11:24:30 PM »
barbarian based variant of Drunken Master? that or one of those "rage, but different" classes.

I kinda did that as an April Fools Day gag with the Orcs.  Note this was made for funny more than playability:

ORC REDNECK

Think of an Orc.  A swaggering, loud-mouthed bully that looks down on women and strangers, and believes fanatically in his one true god.  Now give him a pair of bib overalls, a jug of homemade whiskey, and badly stereotyped accent.  Voila.  You have the guaranteed to offend Orc Redneck.

BECOMING AN ORC REDNECK
Virtually all Orc Rednecks are Barbarians, some may have a bit of Scout or Ranger..

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Race:  Orc
   Class Abilities:  Rage, Illiteracy
   Skills:  Profession (Distiller) 4 Ranks,
   Feats:  Destructive Rage, Intimidating Rage, Instantaneous Rage
   Special:  Cannot have bought off Illiteracy (levels in Orc Redneck do not grant literacy unlike other classes)

Class SkillsSkills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d12

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
1. +1    +2     +0     +2    Drunken Rage
2. +2    +3     +0     +3    Reckless
3. +3    +3     +1     +3    Stone Drunk
4. +4    +4     +1     +4    Drunken Rage
5. +5    +4     +1     +4    Reckless
6. +6    +5     +2     +5    Stone Drunk
7. +7    +5     +2     +5    Reckless
8. +8    +6     +2     +6    Drunken Rage
9. +9    +6     +3     +6    Stone Drunk
10.+10   +7     +3     +7    Rageaholic

Weapon Proficiencies: Orc Rednecks gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Drunken Rage (Ex): At 1st level whenever the Orc Redneck is Intoxicated (defined as having taken ability damage from alcohol consumption), he may Rage at will.  This does not count towards his normal limit of x times per day. He must also make a DC 20 Willpower Save when insulted, injured, angered, or frightened when he is Intoxicated or he goes berserk as well.

At 4th level the Orc Redneck no longer has to make a Willpower Save when Intoxicated.  He can also choose to fail a Fortitude Save vs alcohol.

At 8th level when Intoxicated and Raging the Orc Redneck makes 1 additional attack per round at his highest Attack Bonus.  This does not stack with  similar affects such as Haste.

Reckless (Ex)Stone Drunk (Ex): At 3rd  level when Intoxicated and Raging the Orc Redneck feels no pain.  He is immune to Pain only effects such as Symbol of Pain or Wrack.

At 6th level when Intoxicated and Raging you gain a Natural Armor Bonus equal to your Orc Redneck level.

At 9th level when Intoxicated and Raging you gain DR/- equal to half your Orc Redneck level.  This stacks with similar DR from other classes.

Rageaholic (Ex):  You may now Rage freely at will.  Once you have finished Raging you must wait at least 3 rounds before Raging again.

PLAYING AN ORC REDNECK Combat: Combat usually consists of shooting from behind cover, or yelling maniacally and pounding the opponent with whatever is at hand.  Sometimes both at the same time if you can manage it.
 Advancement: Advancement for Orc Rednecks usually means becoming more tolerant of whiskey (which of course just means you drink more)..
ResourcesORC REDNECKS IN THE WORLD
Daily Life: You live the life of a typical farmer slash illegal whiskey maker.
 NotablesOrganizations: The closest thing you have to an organization is running shine or family reunions.

NPC Reaction ORC REDNECKS IN THE GAME AdaptationEncountersSample Encounter
Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.
EL 12Bubba
CN Male Orc Barbarian 6/Orc Redneck 6
Init +1, Senses: Listen +2, Spot +2, Dark Vision
Languages  Orc, Common
------------------------------------------------
AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+1 Dex, +7 Armor)
AC Raging 16, touch 9, flat-footed 15 (-2 Rage, +1 Dex, +7 Armor)
AC Raging Intoxicated 19, touch 9, flat-footed 18  (-2 Rage, +1 Dex,  +3 Natural, +7 Armor)
hp 90 (12 HD), 114 hp Raging
Fort +13 (+15 Raging), Ref +5, Will +6  (+8 Raging)
Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge
Speed 40  ft. (8 squares)
Melee +1 Brash Brutal Surge Club +18/+13/+8 (1d6+6)
Melee Raging +1 Brash Brutal Surge Club +20/+15/+10 (1d6+8)
Ranged +1 Explosive Sling (1d4+1+2d6 Fire)
Base Atk +12, Grp +17 (+19 Raging)
Atk Options Rage 3/day, Drunken Rage, Reckless
Combat Gear 4 Cure Serious Wounds Potions
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 20 (24 Raging), Dex 13, Con 16 (20 Raging), Int 6, Wis 8, Cha 10
SQ Damage Reduction 2/-, Trap Sense +3, Fast Movement, Illiteracy
Feats Destructive Rage, Instantaneous Rage, Intimidating Rage, Power Attack, Improved Sunder
Skills Climb +5 (+7 Raging), Intimidate +7, Hide +4, Jump +5 (+7 Raging), Listen +2, Move Silently +4, Profession (Distiller) +7, Spot +2, Swim +5 (+7 Raging), Survival +2
Possessions Explosive Sling, +1 Brash Brutal Surge Club, +5 Leather Armor, Bag of Holding II, 4 Cure Serious Wounds Potions, 240 GP

« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 09:21:26 PM by bhu »

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2009, 11:48:06 PM »
Niiiiice. Verrry classy. (I love it.)

Only thing I can think of is to maybe put a cap on the AC penalty, because as it is, there's a certain point where you might as well just say "Screw it, I take -100 to my AC. They'd have hit me anyway."

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2009, 01:12:29 AM »
I'm honestly not sure the Voice does enough, it's interesting, but I'm wondering how worth taking it is. What about condensing ti down to a five level class?

So being able to spontaneously cast the entire cleric spell list isnt as powerful as I thought?
I wouldn't really think so. I suppose it means they have to put less thought into things, but that's about it...

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2009, 05:52:05 AM »
Niiiiice. Verrry classy. (I love it.)

Only thing I can think of is to maybe put a cap on the AC penalty, because as it is, there's a certain point where you might as well just say "Screw it, I take -100 to my AC. They'd have hit me anyway."

I also did an Orc Dominatrix and The Incredible Orc.  I may just do an Orc Transvestite PrC someday just to see people spit take...

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2009, 07:14:26 AM »
Okay I redid the Voice and made two new Feats :D

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2009, 07:20:02 AM »
I think the Illiteracy thing could be a problem, depending on your interpretation, seeing as a multiclassed Barbarian is automatically Literate.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2009, 07:39:28 AM »
Ill add a note about Orc Redneck not adding literacy somewhere.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2009, 12:03:04 PM »
As written, the Voice gets to cast any ever without needing to prepare it. So it needs some clarification. That being said, Unsettling enchantment does not impress me. I'd rather be able to pierce mind-affecting immunity or something.  The class isn't terrible, though. I wouldn't want Gruumsh all up in business, so I wouldn't take it, but YMMV.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2009, 09:33:32 PM »
while I'm at it may as well repost the other April Fools Day PrC's:

ORC DOMINATRIX

CRACK!

CRACK!

BECOMING AN ORC DOMINATRIX
The class requires a certain degree of innate magical ability, which can really be provided with almost any Divine or Arcane spellcaster class.  Usually they have some mild magical talent (i.e. 1 level of something) or have dabbled.  Due to their penchant for sneakiness most have a few levels of Rogue as well.  Many are multiclass Rogue/Barbarian/Spellcasters.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Race:  Any Orcish
   Skills:  Intimidate 6 Ranks
   Feats:  Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, Superior Unarmed Strike
   Class Abilities:  Must be able to cast at least 1 first level spell from the Enchantment school.  Can be Divine or Arcane.

Class Skills
 The Orc Dominatrixes class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Arcana)(Int),  Sense Motive (Cha), Spellcraft (Int), and Use Rope (Dex)
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Weapon Proficiencies: Orc Dominatrixes gain proficiency with the Whip and Light Armor if they do not already have it.

:  You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier.  When you make a successful attack with an Unarmed Strike or Whip you may declare that you are using 1 use of this ability and your opponent must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half hit dice plus Charisma modifier).  If he fails, he is Stunned for 1 Round.

Black Leather (Ex): At second level you take no Armor check penalties while wearing Light Armor.

At 5th level you have no Arcane spell failure chance while wearing Light Armor.

At 7th level you add your Charisma Bonus as an Enhancement Bonus to your Armor (i.e if you have a 14 Charisma, you are now wearing +2 Leather Armor).  This is a Supernatural Ability.

Magic Whip (Su):  You gain 2 extra daily uses of One of These Days Ralph.  When using it the opponent is now automatically Stunned for 1d2 rounds on a successful Critical.

Right In The Kisser! (Ex): You gain 2 extra daily uses of One of These Days Ralph.  If he now fails the Save he is Stunned for 1d3 Rounds.  On a Successful Critical hit he is Helpless for 1 Round instead if he fails the Save, or Stunned for 1d2 rounds if he makes it.

Domestic Goddess (Su)PLAYING AN ORC DOMINATRIX CombatAdvancementResourcesORC DOMINATRIXES IN THE WORLD
Daily Life: Slaves do much of the cooking, cleaning, and raising what little livestock or agriculture you have.  That leaves you to raise your kids, tend to your husbands many wounds, and of course join a secret society devoted to one day overthrowing the Patriarchy.  Plus you get to wear kewl leather armor. 
 NotablesOrganizationsNPC Reaction ORC DOMINATRIXES IN THE GAME Adaptation: As classes go this one is kind of tongue in cheek, but it could be adapted to a serious campaign, especially a horror campaign.
 EncountersSample Encounter .
EL 12Barda
CN Female Orc Sorcerer 1/Barbarian 5/Orc Dominatrix 6
Init +1, SensesLanguages Orc, Common
AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19  (+1 Dex, +6 Armor, +3 Natural)
AC while Raging 18, touch 9, flat-footed 17  (-2 Rage, +1 Dex, +6 Armor, +3 Natural)
hp 74 (12 HD), 98 hp while Raging
Fort +10 (+12 while Raging), Ref +4, Will +7 (+9 Raging)
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
Melee +1 Paralysis Paralytic Burst Whip +14/+9 (1d10+4/17-20) or Unarmed Strike +13/+8 (1d10+4)
Melee Raging +1 Paralysis Paralytic Burst Whip +16/+11 (1d10+6/17-20) or Unarmed Strike +15/+10 (1d10+6)
Base Atk +9, Grp +13 (+15 while Raging)
Atk Options Rage 3/day (6 rounds duration),  One of These Days Ralph (3/day, DC 17), POW
Combat Gear
Spells Known (Caster Level 1) 0 (5/day, Save DC 11): Daze, Detect Magic, Flare, Touch of Fatigue
1 (4/day, Save DC 12): Reduce Person, Shocking Grasp
Supernatural Abilities Magic Whip
Abilities Str 18 (22 while Raging), Dex 13, Con 12 (16 while Raging), Int 8, Wis 9, Cha 13
SQ Light Sensitivity, Fast Movement, Trap Sense +1, Black Leather
Feats Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, Superior Unarmed Strike, Instantaneous Rage, Intimidating Rage
Skills Concentration +11 (+13 Raging), Intimidate +12, Jump +9 (+11 Raging), Knowledge (Arcana) +3, Listen +4, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +3
Possessions +4 Menacing Leather Armor, +3 Amulet of  Natural Armor, +1 Paralysis Paralytic Burst Whip, Shackles of Silence, 539 GP

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2009, 09:36:59 PM »
THE INCREDIBLE ORC

BECOMING AN INCREDIBLE ORC
Incredible Orcs have usually survived some sort of gigantic unleashing of Arcane or Divine power.   Instead of becoming dust like everything around them, they got big.  Real big.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Race:  Any Orcish
   Class Abilities:  Rage
   SpecialFeats:  Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Superior Unarmed Strike
   BAB:  +6

Class SkillsSkills Points at Each  Level : 2 + int

Hit Dice: d12

Weapon Proficiencies: Incredible Orcs gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies

: When you rage now, your skin changes color to a hue of your choice (Grey, or bright Green/Red seem popular).  You also gain Powerful Build (see page 13 of the Expanded Psionics Handbook) while Raging.  Duration of your Rage now doubles.

Your Puny Arrows Mean Nothing To Me (Ex):  When Raging your Natural Armor Bonus increases by a number equal to your Incredible Orc Level.

My Fists Solve All My Problems (Ex):  You may now Sunder weapons or items with your unarmed strike attacks, and you do not provoke attacks of Opportunity when making Sunder attacks.  In addition if you critical with an unarmed strike or a weapon you may make a Trip Attack as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity.  If you do not succeed your opponent does not get a trip attack in return.

ORC ANGRY!! (Ex): While Raging or Frenzying, you gain a cumulative +2 Enhancement Bonus to Strength each round you continue to Rage.  This stacks with the Strength Bonus you get from Rage or Frenzy.  Theoretically the only upper limit is the duration of your Rage.

Puny Humans Not Understand Orc (Ex):  When Raging you are now Large Size Class, gaining all the abilities listed on page 291 of the Monster Manual.  You still also have the Powerful Build Ability. You may now Rage 1 additional time per day.  Learn to get stretchy clothes or become embarrassingly naked when you get mad.

Orc Smash Puny Human! (Ex): Any time you successfully strike something of a size class smaller than yourself or that has a Strength at least 10 points less than yours you may make a Trip Attack as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity.  If you do not succeed your opponent does not get a trip attack in return.  If you Critical with a melee weapon or unarmed Strike, you are considered to be using the Awesome Blow Feat, even if you would not qualify for it.

Orc Does Not Need Bandaids (Ex): When Raging you gain Fast Healing 5.  You may now Rage 1 additional time per day.

You Dare Attack Orc! (Ex): You gain DR x/- when Raging.  X is equal to your Incredible Orc level.

RAAAAAH! (Ex):  You gain Awesome Blow as a Bonus Feat, whether you meet the requirements or not.  If you Critical with an attack your opponent must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half hit dice plus Strength Modifier) or be Stunned 1d4  Rounds.

The Worlds Baddest Orc (Ex): When Raging you now have Regeneration 5 instead of Fast Healing 5.  You gain a +8 Enhancement Bonus to all Strength Checks, and Strength Based skill checks.  Your carrying capacity is that of a creature 2 Size classes bigger. You may now Rage 1 additional time per day.

PLAYING AN INCREDIBLE ORC Combat: Hit it with your fist.  If it can still move, hit it with your fist again until it stops.  If that fails grab the neck and start choking.  These are about the most complex tactics you can understand.
 Advancement: Incredible Orcs generally try to get stronger and meaner.  It's what they do best after all.
ResourcesINCREDIBLE ORCS IN THE WORLD

Daily LifeNotablesOrganizations: Most organizations will be devoted to hunting you down and wiping you out, not supporting you.

NPC Reaction INCREDIBLE ORCS IN THE GAME
If you have a space in your campaign for delusional brawlers with bad tempers, look no further.
 AdaptationEncountersSample Encounter
EL 12Hork
CN Male Orc Barbarian 6/Incredible Orc 6
Init +1 (+0 Raging), SensesLanguages Orc, Common
AC 24, touch 15, flat-footed 23  (+1 Dex, +9 Armor, +4 Deflection)
AC Raging 29, touch 12, flat-footed 29  (-1 Size, -1 Dex, +8 Natural Armor, +9 Armor, +4 Deflection)
hp 102  (12 HD), 150 hp Raging
Fort +12 (+18 Raging), Ref +5 (+4 Raging), Will +6 (+8 Raging)
Speed 40  ft. (8 squares)
Melee Unarmed Strike +18/+13/+8 (1d10+6) or +3 Greatclub +21/+16/+11 (1d10+9)
Melee Raging Unarmed Strike +24/+19/+14 (1d10+12) or +3 Greatclub +27/+22/+17 (1d10+15)
Base Atk +12, Grp +18 (+30 Raging)
Atk Options My Fists Solve All My Problems, Orc Smash Puny Human, Rage 3/day (20 rounds duration)
Abilities Str 22 (34 Raging), Dex 13 (11 Raging), Con 14 (23 Raging), Int 6, Wis 8, Cha 10
SQ Light Sensitivity, Powerful Build, Fast Movement, Illiteracy, Trap Sense +2
Feats Destructive Rage, Improved Grapple, Improved Unarmed Strike, Instantaneous Rage, Superior Unarmed Strike
Skills Climb +8, Intimidate +10, Jump +8, Listen +4, Swim +8, Survival +5
Possessions +5 Chain Shirt, +4 Ring of Protection, +3 Greatclub, 2445 GP

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2009, 10:47:01 PM »
 :lmao

InnaBinder approves!  InnaBinder wants to build  Half-Orc Monk/Paragon/Frostrager/Incredible Orc now in homage to Nanshork and write character sheet on a giant BANNER.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2009, 11:13:40 PM »
Oh lawdy...Imagine that combined with a Hulking Hurler (disregard the earlier slipup).

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2009, 12:42:51 AM »

InnaBinder approves!  InnaBinder wants to build  Half-Orc Monk/Paragon/Frostrager/Incredible Orc now in homage to Nanshork and write character sheet on a giant BANNER.

....I'm not sure whether or not I'm proud of you right now.   :blush

But I was just thinking that it would be perfect before I saw your post.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #195 on: May 25, 2009, 04:33:48 AM »
The Orc Redneck actually inspired a banner over at GitP

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: May 25, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »
Nice :D

Just to be sure, you might want to add a clause about not gaining the ability score increases for changing size from Medium to Large with the Puny Humans Not Understand Orc ability :)

(see Half-Minotaur for how that can go horribly wrong :P)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2009, 06:21:48 AM »
away from books so I can't check, but it's implied they do get the ability bonuses for large size.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2009, 07:13:05 AM »
Yes, Half-Mino's explicitely do gain them. I just thought it wasn't entirely obvious wether Incredible Horks get them, hence my suggestion for a clarification.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2009, 07:55:21 AM »

Frenzied Berserker!
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."