Author Topic: Uncle Kitties Handbook of Spuriously Made Prestige Classes  (Read 130659 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Uncle Kitties Handbook of Spuriously Made Prestige Classes
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2009, 09:15:47 AM »
Added some spells.  Thoughts?

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2009, 02:20:45 PM »
honestly I think you could just go whole hog and give them full spellcasting, take a look at this class for comparison.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2009, 08:57:28 AM »
Lemme make up a Feat or two for the class, and I'll have it done tomorrow

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2009, 09:08:55 AM »
VOICE OF GRUUMSH

"I am Gruumsh's Voice.  To disobey me is to disobey our Lord."

The Voices of Gruumsh are evangelical Orcs, driving their fellows into combat, pushing them to ever higher extremes in order to secure victories for their race and their religion.  They are also nearly psychotic madmen, eternally haunted by the voice of their God commanding them to commit more acts of bloodshed.  Some burn out spectacularly, and it is often said of the Voices that more of them die by their own hand than by their enemies.

BECOMING A VOICE
Every so often Gruumsh seems to randomly select a Cleric he finds appropriate to be his voice.  Their abilities seem eerily similar, so perhaps there are criteria to meet to be chosen.  Many are not happy to be a Voice though...

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Race:  Any Orcish
   Class Abilities:  Turn Undead
   Patron:  Gruumsh
   Domains: Orc, War
   Feats:  God's Voice (See below), Spontaneous Domains
   Skills:  Diplomacy 8 ranks, Knowledge (Religion) 8 ranks

Class SkillsSkills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Spontaneous Command, +1 level of Divine spellcasting class
2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Spell Focus (Enchantment), +1 level of Divine spellcasting class
3. +1    +1     +1     +3    , +1 level of Divine spellcasting class
4. +2    +1     +1     +4    Spontaneous Smiting, +1 level of Divine spellcasting class
5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment), +1 level of Divine spellcasting class
6. +3    +2     +2     +5    , +1 level of Divine spellcasting class
7. +3    +2     +2     +5    Spontaneous Presence, +1 level of Divine spellcasting class
8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Unsettling Enchantment, +1 level of Divine spellcasting class
9. +4    +3     +3     +6    , +1 level of Divine spellcasting class
10.+5    +3     +3     +7    Divinity, +1 level of Divine spellcasting class

Weapon Proficiencies: A Voice of Gruumsh gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Spontaneous Casting (Su): The Voice of Gruumsh begins to be able to spontaneously cast more than Inflict spells.  At level 1 he can spontaneously cast any spell with the Compulsion or Mind-Affecting descriptors.  

At 4th level he can "lose" a prepared spell to spontaneously cast any Cleric spell from the necromancy school.

At 7th level he can "lose" a prepared spell to spontaneously cast an Cleric spell with the words Deific, Deity, Divine, or Divinity in the title he meets he alignment requirements for.

Bonus Feats: At 2nd level the Voice gains Spell Focus (Enchantment) as a Bonus Feat.  At 5th level he gains Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment), and at 8th level he gains Unsettling Enchantment.

Divinity (Su): At 10th level the Voice no longer needs to prepare spells at the beginning of the day, and may now spontaneously cast any spell on the cleric spell list.

PLAYING A VOICE
 You labored long and hard hoping to become a Voice of Gruumsh.  You did everything, sacrificed everything for what you believed would be the ultimate honor.  And here you are.  Stuck with a God peering out at the world from inside your head.  He knows everything you do, and can read your mind anytime he wishes.  You know no rest or comfort.  But old One Eye cannot control your body directly yet.  Just use it as a spying glass on the world.   The knife in your hand looks more tempting by the day.  A few quick cuts across the wrists and it would be over.  But then you'd be in the afterlife fleeing from him.  You must find a way.
 Combat: You try to avoid combat if you can, as you are no longer as suited to it as you once were.  Hopefully you can convince a few tough Orcs to be bodyguards.
 Advancement: You pretty much are bound to do whatever Gruumsh tells you to do.  This includes what you study or what career you choose to embark upon.
Resources: The church considers Voices to be holy men, but are incredibly jealous of their power.  The military as well.  Since they pretty much comprise the two segments of the Orc population in any position of authority you'll have to rely on your oratory to get any real help.  After all if you die Gruumsh can simply choose another.

VOICES IN THE WORLD
"Has Barka seemed a little stressed out to you lately?"
 Voices generally react to the world by screaming at it to submit or be killed.  or rather, they do what the voice in their head tells them.  After all it's Gruumsh's voice right? And he has the Orcs best interests at heart right?  You'd like to believe that anyway...
 Daily Life: Your daily life consists of whatever Gruumsh would like you to do.  Seriously.  He's a 24 hour presence in your head, and knows everything you do.  There's a reason the suicide rate is high.
 Notables: Barka (CE Male Orc Cleric 6/Voice of Gruumsh 6) walks a tightrope.  His own people want him dead, the outsiders want him dead, and his own God considers him an easily expendable chess piece...
 Organizations: The Voices aren't an organization, and generally operate outside the official church.  

NPC Reaction
 People who don't worship the Orc pantheon or have reason to dislike it's Gods tend to hate Voices with a passion.  Orcs tend to view them as holy men, and hold them in awe.  There really isn't much middle ground.

VOICES IN THE GAME
 DM's should avoid picking on players with this PrC (or seeming like they are).  His God may be interfering with his life quite heavily, and make sure the PC knows this up front.
 Adaptation: This is best for a darker style campaign given the problems facing the Voice.  You may wish to restrict it to NPC's.
 Encounters: Voices tend to be encountered everywhere in Orc settlements.  Outside they are generally only seen in war parties.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: The PC's are at the temple of Heironeous praying when an Orc walks in, and tells the priest he has a little problem he needs fixing.  You can tell immediately there's something wrong with him.  Normal Orcs don't come here, and this one looks like he's one moment away from losing his mind.

Barka
CE Male Orc Cleric 6/Voice of Gruumsh 6
Init +0, Senses: Listen +3, Spot +3, Dark Vision 60'
Languages Orc Common
------------------------------------------------
AC 23, touch 10, flat-footed 23 (+13 Armor)
hp 66 (12 HD)
Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +13  
------------------------------------------------
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 Longspear +9/+4 (1d8+2, 19-20, x3)
Ranged +1 Longspear +8 (1d8+2, 19-20, x3)
Base Atk +7, Grp +8
Atk Options Turn Undead 4/day
Combat Gear
Spells Per Day 0: 6 (DC 13)
1st: 6 (DC 14)
2nd: 5 (DC 15)
3rd: 5 (DC 16)
4th: 3 (DC 17)
5th: 3 (DC 18)
6th: 2 (DC 19)
Caster Level 12
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 12, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 12
SQ Light Blindness, Domains (Orc, War)
Feats Divine Metamagic, Divine Spell Power, God's Voice, Holy Potency, Orc Devotion, Spontaneous Domains,
Skills Bluff +9, Concentration +9, Diplomacy +9, Knowledge (Religion) +8, Intimidate +9, Sense Motive +5
Possessions Retributive Amulet, 2 Gauntlets of Gruumsh, +1 Keen Throwing Returning Longspear, +5 Full Plate, Corsair's Eyepatch, 441 GP

EPIC VOICE OF GRUUMSH

Hit Die: d8
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int
Spells Caster level continues to increase with Epic levels, but you do not gain extra spells per day.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Voice gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th

God's Voice
You can speak with the voice of your deity.
 Prerequisites: Turn/Rebuke Undead, must be taken at 1st level, must be same alignment as Deity
 Benefits: You can "lose" 1 Turn/Rebuke undead attempt when casting a spell from the Enchantment school.  Your opponent only gets 1d20 plus his Base Willpower Save for the Saving Throw for that spell.

Orc Devotion
You can empower your brother Orcs to fight harder.
 Prerequisites: Access to the Orc Domain
 Benefits: Once per day as a Swift action you may "lose" 1 spell slot (or 1 spell you have memorized) to grant a Profane Bonus equal to the spells level to all Orcs within 60' that are Allies for 3 rounds plus one round per point of Wisdom modifier.  When you use this ability choose whether the Bonus is applied to damage rolls, attack rolls, or Fortitude Saving Throw rolls.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 07:36:18 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2009, 09:37:36 AM »
Any thoughts on prerequisite Feats?

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2009, 12:47:31 PM »
What exactly is the Voice supposed to do? I can't say I'm fond of the concept. Gruumsh is a douche, and he can already interfere with PCs. This just makes it worse. I can't see how this would ever be taken, except for an NPC...
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2009, 09:00:49 AM »
This is technically for a possibly defunct project, and some of the PrC's were intended for NPC's (i.e. bad guy stuffs), and this is one of them.  Voices can speak with the voice of their God, and are the Orc equivalent of fundamentalist evangelists.  Think buffing, mind control, debuffing maybe.

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2009, 02:52:49 AM »
first off, I'd just like to say the image of an orc version of a fundamentalist evangelical preacher is horrifying...

second... k, so I'm listening to my itunes, and a certain GWAR song comes on... and gives me a horrible, horrible, hilarious idea for a D&D encounter... I think we need that redneck prestige class Bhu...

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2009, 07:44:04 AM »
Which Gwar song  :D

Well if you think about it fundamentalist religion is what the Orcs are all about.  They have a God who preaches eternal warfare against anyone different who wont accept the Orcs as superior.  And they have the advantage of knowing that their god actually is real because he interferes in world events.  Women are for breeding and child rearing only.  Non believers can be killed without remorse or regret, and slaying them actually earns you a better afterlife.

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2009, 08:26:09 AM »
"Fucking an Animal".

I have an idea in mind for a barbarian tribe to hire the adventures to find out something like "what's making all the animals in the forest so afraid" and having the adventure culminate in a bunch of barbarian rednecks from the tribe enacting the music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLfpaBwZ4JE

Actually fairly SFW, in that there is no sex, or even nudity, especially not with animals. Though there is implied masturbation, and Slymestra grinding "fully" clothed against someone in an animal costume (and a couple of the other members of the band humping people in costumes tied to poles, which I'd forgotten about).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:31:06 AM by Prak, the Mad »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2009, 08:42:16 AM »
Lemme watch the vid and I'll think of something

Voice has it's first class abilities up.

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2009, 05:31:52 PM »
a lasso proficiency is probably a necessity.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #172 on: May 23, 2009, 12:35:52 AM »
Okay I watched the vid.

You want... PrC...for pursuing and capturing "furries"...

Man the guys at Fur Nation are gonna be pissed...

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: May 23, 2009, 01:12:12 AM »
Yes. Yes they are.  :p

A bit like poaching on PETA property.

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2009, 05:28:15 AM »
nah, I just want that Redneck prestige class, the video is just what makes me think of it.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #175 on: May 23, 2009, 05:58:44 AM »
Hmm...how about a redneck PrC for several of the base classes that would qualify? 

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: May 23, 2009, 06:02:29 AM »
sounds good, I was really just calling you on your remark that to stat up Abner and Bubba you'd need to make a redneck class.

so, what're you thinking, a class designed for Barbarians, Rangers, and, what, fighters?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2009, 08:28:02 AM »
I was thinking more along the lines of:

Bearfucker (redneck Druid)

Moonshiner (redneck Scout)

Varmint Hunter (redneck Ranger)

Alcoholic (redneck something or other)

you get the idea.

Anyone have any thoughts about the Voice so far?

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2009, 02:28:24 PM »
I'm honestly not sure the Voice does enough, it's interesting, but I'm wondering how worth taking it is. What about condensing ti down to a five level class?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2009, 06:41:11 PM »
Alcoholic (redneck something or other)
Barbarian.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 06:43:55 PM by veekie »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."