Author Topic: Uncle Kitties Handbook of Spuriously Made Prestige Classes  (Read 130683 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Uncle Kitties Handbook of Spuriously Made Prestige Classes
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2009, 10:08:51 AM »
I wonder if Craft Explosives wouldn't work better in a form similar to infusions or spells, just make them free to craft, and put a 1 day expiry date on them. If they want the longer lasting sort, theres Craft Wonderous Item anyway.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2009, 09:12:05 AM »
WHilst I work on this, the Complete Psionic was never errata'd was it?

I'm looking at the Lurk Augment list, and the Reach Augment is on it, but never described.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2009, 04:36:08 AM »
HIGHWAYMAN

"Your money and your life."

"Isn't that supposed to be your money or your life?"

WHACK!

"Anyone else got questions?"

When one is blessed with psychic powers one can use them for many things.  You could heal the sick, or help defend communities.  You could scry for dangers, and try to avert disasters.  Or you could rob rich people blind out on the rural roads.

BECOMING A HIGHWAYMAN
Most Highwaymen begin as Lurks, perhaps with a level or two of Rogue to diversify their skills.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Race:  Any Goblinoid
   Class Abilities:  Lurk Augments, Initiative Boost, must be able to Manifest Cloud Mind
   Skills:  Hide 4 ranks, Listen  4 ranks, Move Silently 4 ranks, Ride 4 ranks
   Feats:  Lurk Master, Ranged Lurk Augment

Class Skills
 The Highwayman's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Autohypnosis (Wis), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local, Psionics, Nobility)(Int), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), and Tumble (Dex).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d6

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
1. +0    +0     +2     +2    Mah Trusty Steed, Augments
2. +1    +0     +3     +3    Aura of Intimidation
3. +2    +1     +3     +3    +1d6 Sneak Attack
4. +3    +1     +4     +4    Mah Trusty Steed
5. +3    +1     +4     +4    Aura of Intimidation
6. +4    +2     +5     +5    +1d6 Sneak Attack
7. +5    +2     +5     +5    Mah Trusty Steed
8. +6    +2     +6     +6    Aura of Intimidation
9. +6    +3     +6     +6    +1d6 Sneak Attack
10.+7    +3     +7     +7    Fell Blow

Weapon Proficiencies: A Highwayman gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Mah Trusty Steed (Ex): At 1st level the Highwayman learns to link himself psionically to his steed.  So long as the Highwayman is psionically focused he and his steed are in constant mental contact.  You take no penalty for riding bareback or with an unusual mount, and the DC of all your Ride checks are -5. 

At 4th level your ability to bond improves, and you no longer have to be focused to get the benefits.  Your Ride Check DC's are now -10.

At 7th level you may Manifest any power with a range of Personal on your steed as well as yourself for +1 power point.

Augments: The Players Highwayman and Lurk levels stack for purposes of determining what Lurk Augments are available to him.

Aura of Intimidation (Su): At 2nd level you gain the ability to psionically generate an Aura of Fear as a Swift Action.  The Aura can only be manifested if you have at least 1 power point in reserve (but costs none to Manifest), and lasts for 3 rounds plus 1 round per point of Intelligence Modifier.  The duration can be improved by spending power points (+3 rounds per power point spent).  Any living creature that can see you within 60' must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier) or be Shaken for the rest of the encounter.

At 5th level you can spend 2 power points, and if the opponent fails the Save they are Cowering for 1d6 rounds, and then Shaken for the rest of the encounter.  These power points are in addition to any spent to increase the auras duration.

At 8th level you can spend 2 power points and if the opponent fails the Save he is Frightened for 1d6 rounds, and then Shaken for the rest of the encounter.  These power points are in addition to any spent to increase the auras duration.

Sneak Attack (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability on page 50 of the PHB, and stacks with Sneak Attack Dice gained from other classes. At 3rd level you may use your Sneak Attack on Ranged Attacks up to 60'.

At 6th level you may use your Lurk Augments at range up to 60'.

At 9th level the range of your Sneak Attacks and Lurk Augments increases to 90'

Fell Blow (Su): At 10th level the Highwayman may instantly kill opponents under circumstances.  Should he successfully confirm a critical when his opponent is Denied his Dexterity Bonus to AC, his opponent must make a Willpower Save (10 plus half Hit Dice plus Intelligence Modifier) or die instantly.  If the Save is successful, he gains 2 additional dice of Sneak Attack damage instead.

PLAYING A HIGHWAYMAN
 You want money.  Fat, rich people who don't deserve it have money.  Therefore you must liberate the poor money from them.  It's only natural.  Plus putting the occasional crossbow bolt in their buttocks just makes your day.
 Combat: You prefer combat at a distance, but if they want it to be up close and bloody you can oblige.  They'll be sorry by the time it's over.  A quick belly stab works as well as an ambush in the dark.
 Advancement: Highwaymen concentrate on powers that let them perform their job, i.e. rob people and run like hell afterwards.  If it doesn't help them do that, they usually aren't interested.
Resources: Highwaymen are usually loners, but some do it to help support their tribe, and if so they'll have their assistance.  Some end up stealing from truly vicious despots (whether by accident or design) and end up folk heroes because of it.

HIGHWAYMEN IN THE WORLD
"One day.  One day we will catch the Masked Wolf Bandit.  And then he will know pain!"
 You generally interact with people by taking their stuff forcibly.  It'd be nice if they just handed it over for a change, but no one ever does.  Poor bastards.  You'd kill a lot less of them if that were the case.
 Daily Life: You're usually out listening for rumors about who's traveling where, or doing what.  Anything that can be a chance to steal something.
 Notables: Make up some cool information about notable figures in the history of your class. It's best to give a little information from one of the good alignment and evil alignment (unless it's a good or evil only class).
 Organizations: Highwaymen are too individualistic to be organized, and often consider one another rivals. 

NPC Reaction
 If they have money, NPC's usually have a pretty poor disposition towards you.  If not, they probably think it's awesome how you stole Lord Bile's money and left him naked in the woods.  It may even get you a couple of free beers!

HIGHWAYMEN IN THE GAME
 Much like the fictional characters this class is inspired by, Highwaymen tend to hog the limelight.  Try to make sure the campaign occasionally focuses on giving the other players a chance.
 Adaptation: This could go in a silly or serious campaign.  Maybe even in a horror one if you wanted.
 Encounters: If the PC's are loaded down with phat loot or guarding nobility, they'll probably encounter Highwaymen out on the roads.  If not, they'll probably be sharing a cell with him if the local nobility takes a disliking to them.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: The PC's have been asked to guard a local nobleman's coach as he travels through a nearby forest on the way to a neighboring Duke's manse.  Apparently the noble is afraid of a lone goblin.  A lone goblin! Whatever happened to the good ole days when nobles had a little fire in them?

The Masked Wolf
NE Male Goblin Lurk 3/Rogue 3/Highwayman 6
Init +3, Senses: Listen +7, Spot +7, Dark Vision 60'
Languages Common, Goblin, Orc, Gnoll
------------------------------------------------
AC 18, touch 18, flat-footed 15 (+1 Size, +3 Dex, +4 Deflection)
hp 42 (12 HD)
Fort +4, Ref +14, Will +10 
Evasion
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 Rapier +11/+6 (1d4-1/15-20)
Ranged +1 Light Crossbow +11/+6 (1d6/17-20)
Base Atk +8, Grp +2
Atk Options Psionic Sneak Attack +1d6, Sneak Attack +4d6
Combat Gear
Augments Known Additional Sneak Attack, Deceptive Strike, Ignore Concealment, Mental Assault, Reach Attack, Sneak Attack Undead, Solid Strike, Stunning Attack, Unfocusing Strike
Powers Known 1st: Extend Range, Mighty Spring, Defensive Precognition
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 6, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 12
SQ Trapfinding, Trap Sense +1, Mah Trusty Steed, Aura of Intimidation (DC 19)
Feats Lurk Master, Ranged Lurk Augment, Weapon Finesse
Skills Appraise +11, Autohypnosis +9, Bluff +7, Concentration +8, Diplomacy +5, Disguise +5, Gather Information +5, Hide +13, Jump +6, Knowledge (Local, Nobility, Psionics) +7, Listen +7, Move Silently +9, Ride +11, Search +12, Sense Motive +6, Spot +7, Tumble +8
Possessions Hat of Anonymity, +4 Ring of Protection, +3 Cloak of Resistance, +1 Quick Loading Keen Light Crossbow, +1 Keen Rapier, Gauntlets of Giant Felling, Belt of Hidden Pouches, 845 GP

EPIC HIGHWAYMAN

Hit Die: d6
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int
Lurk Augments The Highwayman continues to gain an additional daily use of his Lurk Augments with each Epic Level.
Sneak Attack The Highwayman gains +1d6 Sneak Attack at Level 22 and every 3 levels thereafter.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Highwayman gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:01:19 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2009, 05:42:21 AM »
Kobold BOmber is revised.  Any thoughts?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2009, 11:46:07 AM »
Mmm, me like, Infused Defenestrating Sphere grenade.
You might need a line about saves, if the grenade misses. Some of those spells are normally touch range.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2009, 01:07:06 PM »
Question: Does the Highwayman's Aura of Intimidation actually require him to spend power points at all? The text is a little unclear on that point. Also, if I spend power points to improve the effect, is the duration increased as well?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2009, 08:02:11 AM »
Question: Does the Highwayman's Aura of Intimidation actually require him to spend power points at all? The text is a little unclear on that point. Also, if I spend power points to improve the effect, is the duration increased as well?

I've tweaked it and finished up the class.  Lemme know if it's still unclear or needs rewording.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2009, 11:53:01 AM »

I've tweaked it and finished up the class.  Lemme know if it's still unclear or needs rewording.

It's fine now.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2009, 09:26:13 AM »
Mmm, me like, Infused Defenestrating Sphere grenade.
You might need a line about saves, if the grenade misses. Some of those spells are normally touch range.

Really?  Crap, I thought I'd weeded those out...

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2009, 05:17:37 PM »
Gah, ranged touch, that'd teach me to post this late.
The grenade blows in a 5ft radius, and if you hit with the grenade, they get no ref save to avoid right? As per most grenade likes. So what happens to rays like the Orbs, if you miss and the explosion puts them in the blast radius anyway?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2009, 03:50:42 AM »
I reworded the Bomber infusions a lil. 

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2009, 05:07:48 AM »
JANISSARY

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

Hobgoblin psychics are usually trained for war.  Few of them ever gain anything in the form of psychic power, and those that have the proper abilities and mindset are asked to join an elite cadre of soldiers: the Janissary's. 

BECOMING A JANISSARY
Janissary's normally begin as Ardent's, but eventually they stray from that path to become warriors first, and psychics second.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Race:  Hobgoblin or Dekanter
   Mantles:  Conflict, Force, Mental Power, Physical Power
   Feats:  Combat Manifestation, Narrow Mind, Psionic Weapon
   Skills:  Autohypnosis 8 ranks, Concentration 8 ranks
   Special:  Must have been sponsored for membership by a current Janissary.

Class Skills
 The Janissary's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Int), Psicraft (Int), Ride (Dex), Swim (Str), and Survival (Wis).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 2 + int

Hit Dice: d8

BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
1. +1    +2     +0     +2    Armor Focus
2. +2    +3     +0     +3    Skill Focus, +1 Manifester Level
3. +3    +3     +1     +3    Weapon Focus
4. +4    +4     +1     +4    Armor Focus, +1 Manifester Level
5. +5    +4     +1     +4    Skill Focus, +1 Manifester Level
6. +6    +5     +2     +5    Weapon Focus
7. +7    +5     +2     +5    Armor Focus, +1 Manifester Level
8. +8    +6     +2     +6    Skill Focus
9. +9    +6     +3     +6    Weapon Focus, +1 Manifester Level
10.+10   +7     +3     +7    Chorbaji, +1 Manifester Level

Weapon Proficiencies: A Janissary gains proficiency with all Martial weapons.

Armor Focus (Su): At first level while you are psionically focused you may reduce the skill check penalty by 2, and if it lowers your speed the penalty is 5 ft. less (for example if you normally move 30', but the armor lowers your move to 20', you move 25' while psionically focused).

At 4th level when you are psionically focused you take no movement penalty while wearing Medium or Heavy Armor, and the skill check penalt of your armor or shield is reduced by -4.

At 7th level you can increase the Armor Bonus to Armor Class of your shield or armor by spending power points as a Standard Action (1 power point per +1 AC, duration is 1 round per Janissary Level).

Skill Focus (Su): At second level the Janissary may lose its Psionic Focus to gain a +4 Bonus to any skill it has taken ranks in for 1 round.

At 5th level it may lose its Psionic Focus to gain a +4 Bonus in any skill whether it has ranks in it or not for 1 round.

At 8th level the Janissary may increase the duration of the skill Bonus to 24 hours by expending 3 power points.  The Janissary may only increase one such skill bonus in duration at a time.  However it may gain temporary bonuses for 1 round in other skill by expending it's psionic focus each time.

Weapon Focus (Su): At third level you may expend 3 power points as a Swift Action, and you do not automatically miss on attack rolls if you roll a "1".  This lasts for the duration of the encounter.

At 6th level you may expend 3 power points as a Swift Action, and the critical threat range of your weapon doubles for the duration of the encounter.  This does not stack with other abilities that increase critical threat range.

At 9th level while psionically focused you may reroll any damage roll that results in a "1".

Chorbadji (Su) At 10th level the duration of your psionic powers is increased by 1 round per Janissary within 60' when it is initially Manifested.

PLAYING A JANISSARY
 You are the best of the best in one of the finest military's in the world.  An elite soldier without peer.  And may the Gods help anyone who suggests otherwise...
 Combat: Janissary's use their psychic powers to increase their fighting skills, and abilities to commit sabotage and murder.  They aren't interested in much else.
 Advancement: Janissary's only ever seek to be better soldiers.  Whether by being better fighters, or better leaders, or better at some odd skill, all they do is in the interest of furthering their military career.
Resources: The Janissary's can call upon the Hobgoblin army for help if it is in the interest of the military.  They don't have much time for personal adventures, and the arm would never assist with such.

JANISSARY'S IN THE WORLD
"We'll need more than hired thugs if we wish to fight the Janissary's sir."
 The Janissary's spend most of their time among themselves, and rarely (if ever) interact with others when on missions unless it is necessary.  Most others would call them 'cold' at best.  But the leaders of the Janissary's have long known that if you can sympathize with an enemy it maes it harder to fight them.
 Daily Life: The Janissary's spend their time in combat or preparing for it.  The military is virtually their whole life, and most would feel lost without it.
 Notables: Puntsag (LE Male Dekanter Ardent 6/Janissary 5) is the lead saboteur used to destroy the mining operations of nearby dwarves.  Nyamaa (LE Male Hobgoblin Ardent 6/Janissary 5) has worked his way up to commanding his own small force.
 Organizations: The Janissary's are part of the Hobgoblin military, and are subject to their orders.  Granted they're an elite unit, so their life is far different than that of the average infantry.

NPC Reaction
 NPC's react to the Janissary's the way they do to any military unit: nervousness.  After all the military is usually one step away from massacring the populace or taking control in Lawful Evil societies.

JANISSARY'S IN THE GAME
 The Janissary's are primarily a military force, and will seem out of place in a non military campaign.  There are always deserters, but they will be marked for death by their former comrades.
 Adaptation: The Janissary is a professional soldier.  If you aren't running a militant campaign you can always rewrite the fluff for it, because it's not likely the Hobgoblin military will assign an elite soldier to wander around with a group of multiracial thieves.
 Encounters: Janissary's are encountered during wars with the Hobgoblins, or as saboteurs and assassins in the lead up to the war.  Occasionally they are assigned on a mission of some importance that doesn't relate to warfare, but these are usually pretty unusual circumstances.

Sample Encounter
EL 12: Give the encounter level and description of a sample member of this class and a stat block for him/her.

Nyamaa
LE Male Hobgoblin Ardent 6/Janissary 5
Init +1, Senses: Listen +3, Spot +3, Dark Vision 60'
Languages Common, Dwarven, Goblin
AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+1 Dex, +9 Armor)
hp 65 (11 HD)
Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +12 
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 Longsword +12/+7 melee (1d8+3/19-20)
Base Atk +9, Grp +11
Combat Gear 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
Powers Known1st: Adrenaline Boost, Deflection, Force Shield, Mind Thrust, Offensive Prescience
2nd: Animal Affinity, Concussion Blast
3rd: Dimension Slide
4th: Intellect Fortress
5th: Psychic Crush
Manifester Level 9, Power Points 85
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str 14, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8
SQ Primary Mantles (Force, Physical Power), Secondary Mantles (Conflict, Mental Power)
Feats Combat Manifestation, Leadership, Narrow Mind, Psionic Weapon
Skills Autohypnosis +11, Climb +5, Concentration +10, Knowledge (Psionics, War) +5, Intimidate +3, Jump +5, Move Silently +5, Psicraft +4, Ride +4, Survival +6
Possessions+1 Heavy Fortification Full Plate, +1 Mindarmor Linked Manifester Heavy Steel Shield, +1 Mindfeeder Mindcrusher Longsword, 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 376 GP

EPIC JANISSARY

Hit Die: d8
Skills Points at Each  Level : 2 + int
Powers Your Manifester level increases with each Epic level, but you gain no new powers or power points..
Bonus Feats: The Epic Janissary gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:03:38 AM by bhu »

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2009, 02:35:18 PM »
All this psionic stuff makes me wish I had the book...  :witsend

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2009, 07:00:34 PM »

Here
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2009, 09:34:32 AM »
Any thoughts on teh Skill Bonus ability as written?

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2009, 01:19:52 PM »
Only question is what type of bonus it's supposed to be...is unnamed fine with you?

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2009, 09:13:23 PM »

Here
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!  :cloud9

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2009, 12:19:35 AM »
Only question is what type of bonus it's supposed to be...is unnamed fine with you?
yup

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2009, 09:01:18 AM »
Okay alll the class abilities are up.  Feedback is appreciated :D

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2009, 11:44:21 AM »
The seventh level armor focus ability takes what kind of action?
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self