Author Topic: Halloween Game Ideas  (Read 2587 times)

SneeR

• Bi-Curious George
  • Sneering
Halloween Game Ideas
« on: October 14, 2011, 06:00:04 AM »
I'm sure there's a thread about this every year, but tell me: what spooky game ideas do you have for Halloween, whether it be a one-shot or otherwise?

An interesting one I heard was "Get all of your players to gang up on one character, but get them to do it on a pre-determined signal. When they kill the character, their characters should begin to nonchalantly eat its flesh. Then it was all a dream, and none of the characters have any memories of it..."
The answer to everything:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
SneeR
[spoiler]
I don't know if the designers meant you to take Skill Focus for every feat.
Sounds a little OP.

The monk is clearly the best class, no need to optimize here. What you are doing is overkill.

It's like people who have no idea what a turn signal is. They ruin it for everyone else.
When another driver brandishes a holy symbol and begins glowing with divine light, seek cover or get spattered with zombie brains. I do not see what is so complicated about this.
[/spoiler]

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
Re: Halloween Game Ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 09:16:49 AM »
Well, I started the players waking up in coffins as vampires.

DnD vampires are much more fun as PCs since they have all the traditional restrictions - garlic, holy water, invite, mirrors, running water, sunlight...
Also, starting with just blood drain + ability boosts gives a pretty good image of a newbie vampire...

Not much horror for the players, though, but they're enjoying the game quite a bit.

SneeR

• Bi-Curious George
  • Sneering
Re: Halloween Game Ideas
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
Well, I started the players waking up in coffins as vampires.

DnD vampires are much more fun as PCs since they have all the traditional restrictions - garlic, holy water, invite, mirrors, running water, sunlight...
Also, starting with just blood drain + ability boosts gives a pretty good image of a newbie vampire...

Not much horror for the players, though, but they're enjoying the game quite a bit.

I always thought about doing something similar to that, kind of like Soul Reaver in tone--everything around them falling apart and them having such limits. How did it go?
The answer to everything:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
SneeR
[spoiler]
I don't know if the designers meant you to take Skill Focus for every feat.
Sounds a little OP.

The monk is clearly the best class, no need to optimize here. What you are doing is overkill.

It's like people who have no idea what a turn signal is. They ruin it for everyone else.
When another driver brandishes a holy symbol and begins glowing with divine light, seek cover or get spattered with zombie brains. I do not see what is so complicated about this.
[/spoiler]