Author Topic: OOC Chatter  (Read 28429 times)

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • /castrandom - even we don't know what it's about
    • Email
Re: OOC Chatter
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2008, 11:41:48 PM »
I forgot to mention, I was using special house rules for lava. Check it out, it's a free PDF. I really like the thought and effort they put into their game product.

http://www.yourgamesnow.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1938

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2008, 11:42:26 PM »
AAANNNDDD HEEE SAAVES HIMSELF!!! YES YES YES I MADE MY UMD ROLL!

Seems you have to register to download. You wouldnt be able to attach it to your post would you?  :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:54:51 PM by AlisAtAn »
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2008, 11:59:19 PM »
This is what Wil Wheaton said about these Lava Rules: "My motto in gaming is 'don't be a dick' and nothing leads to dickish behavior faster than a rules disagreement. Thanks to Fire and Brimstone: Guide to Lava, Magma, and Superheated Rock players and DMs will never have to argue when resolving encounters with lava. Or Magma. Or Superheated Rock."

And here's Peter Adkinson: "Back in the early 90's, while at Wizards of the Coast, we published 'Capsystems' like The Primal Order for using a set of rules with a variety of game systems. Then in the late 90's, came d20, another attempt at unifying RPG rules. But these rules on lava are the most elegant cross-platform rules yet, taking the philosophy of cross-system play to a whole new level!" 

Finally, Gary Gygax: "This is a breakthrough in determining a long burning question of great magmatude. I plan to institute this comprehensive rules coverage in the Lejendary Adventure game!"

So, with all that praise, I just had to use these rules. I hope you all understand.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2008, 12:35:49 AM »
So because I helped AlisAtAn out of the mud, I'm stuck again correct?

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2008, 12:49:04 AM »
ooops. That kinda sucks. especially since I teleported out. What was this you said about jaunting out?
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2008, 12:54:17 AM »
Well, I'm not exactly sure how close I am to the door, I'm waiting for pfooti to update the map. But if I'm close enough, I can just Abrupt Jaunt my ass outta there. Hopefully I have enough rounds to make it.

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2008, 12:58:48 AM »
Try not to trip in the cat then.  :lol

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2008, 01:33:02 AM »
You can also abrupt jaunt out of the mud and run.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2008, 02:07:19 AM »
Sorry for the lack of involvement tonight... I was DMing my RL game.  And tomorrow I'm partaking in WWGD.  We'll see how I like the new rules...

I would have attempted to help someone out, but it appears they're all out now...
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2008, 02:30:10 AM »
Sorry for the lack of involvement tonight... I was DMing my RL game.  And tomorrow I'm partaking in WWGD.  We'll see how I like the new rules...

I would have attempted to help someone out, but it appears they're all out now...

Actually, your last post in-game put you smack in the middle of all this mud business. We are in the second room, where you opted to follow us.  :P

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2008, 04:25:14 AM »
Also, don't do too many things, I'm counting rounds before the next effect, and I need to let Ieniemeinie post before I resolve that effect.
I'm reading now, but have a really busy day today and wont post again until tonight (like 10PM GMT+1).
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2008, 10:31:44 AM »
Actually, your last post in-game put you smack in the middle of all this mud business. We are in the second room, where you opted to follow us.  :P
You're right. I guess I better go make a Ref save...
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2008, 10:46:43 AM »
Just trying to catch up with everything. I presume I'm still where I nailed/broke the door open?
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2008, 11:15:43 AM »
Noone`s been moving your char ;)

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2008, 11:19:42 AM »
Yep, you're still in room one, having successfully held the door open.

Detect magic is down, since we clearly waited 10 minutes to get a cat out of the bag. The spell, however, was clearly Transmute Rock to Mud.

Right now, everyone's out of room two. I need to go have some coffee and I'll post something about the followup.

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2008, 02:40:13 PM »
I`ve always felt that this way of taking care of traps is much more fun. Wheres the excitement in disabling everything? Just send something innocent, like a kobold prisoner or a housecat through, and see what happens.  :smirk

Question, Pfooti. If I use shadow illusions to cast Secret Chest, what happens? Does it have a % chance of working?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 02:44:39 PM by AlisAtAn »

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2008, 08:58:54 PM »
Just to inform you, it is possible that I might not be able to post until Monday. I sort of put off some history reading, and I got about maybe...500 pages to read. :-\ So if I'm needed to disarm any traps, pfooti can roll for me.

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2008, 11:20:17 PM »
For the future, how about assuming that people that are not currently actively posting are *not* at the end of things where people generally get sheepified and killed? Just an idea... That way we avoid surprises, like KsbSnowOwls char Jered suddenly *poof* ing out of nowhere in the soon to be lava room. Makes Pfooti`s work much easier and people dont return over the weekend to find there char barbecued.

So, when nice people like Smudgy and Mimimi put there char at our disposal we assume they are one room behind when we are not "borrowing" them.

I`m kind of an orderfreak when it comes to things like this, as it keeps it from getting really messy. Hope I`m not stepping on anyones toes...  :)

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2008, 11:33:26 PM »
Taking a break from reading, I reached the point where I read words but have no idea what they mean.  AlisAtAn, my toes are safe and sound in my socks. Sounds like a good idea to me.

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2008, 11:39:01 PM »
And +fu for leaving your char with us.  :clap ...What are you reading?